close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Paranormal Experiences

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by JW1178, Oct 8, 2012.

1. xMyazXtr3me

xMyazXtr3me

Freakyyyy dude! Especially the first one.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. samuse

samuse

I've lived in two houses that were known to be haunted.

I never experienced anything, but I was a hardcore alcoholic the whole time.

Maybe the whisky kept all the supernatural stuff away from me.

Ha.

3. Panglоss

Panglоss I am the NRA

First of all, greetings! This is my first post.

I am not really a 'believer' in ghosts/the supernatural. Don't even really believe in god or religion. Call me a skeptic. Though, I do not claim to know for a fact that such things do not exist, and I do not know if I can, so I remain agnostic on these types of issues.

With that said, I did have a rather odd experience.

From time to time I have spent the night at my grandmother's house. It's an older, larger house in an old neighborhood in a big city, with lots of rooms upstairs and a large attic. Every time I have ever stayed there, I got a creepy/eerie vibe in the upstairs part of the house. The downstairs is perfectly nice, normal, and doesn't "feel" at all out of the ordinary. The upstairs is quite different, though I can't really put my finger on what exactly gives the weird vibe upstairs.

One night I was staying upstairs, in a particular bedroom that has always seemed odd to me anytime I had stayed there. This night was no different. When I went to sleep, and for the rest of the night, I had an odd feeling that there was some other presence in the room with me. And I had the feeling that this presence was directly in front of the bed. However, I dismissed it and tried to sleep.

Well, my dog was also with me this time, sleeping in the room with me. Normally he will sleep on the floor or just curl up in the bed with me and sleep (he's a sled dog type). Not that night. He basically spent the entire night in that room sitting at the foot of the bed, upright and alert, letting out a deep growl and staring at the wall in front of the bed. Occasionally during the night he would start barking quite aggressively at which time I woke up and tried to get him to calm down. No dice. This behavior continued all night. He had never behaved this way prior to this one night, and he's never done it since.

The next morning I was explaining this to my Aunt, who lives at the house. She tells me she once saw a "ghost" in that room and has never slept in there since. Her husband, a big gun guy, iron worker, and typical tough guy who is afraid of no one, slept in there one night and was freaked out and refused to ever sleep there again.

4. rednoved

rednoved NRA Member

This thread is spooky.

5. superhornet

superhornet

And, after 165 post responses, once again it just proves that everyone has an opinion. Are there things in this world beyond human understanding ?? Of course and there are many elements of life that there is no explanation for. Super natural is one of them---the other is the futility of arguing what or who's worship or not is the best, or how much we know about it. But, one thing I do know, there is a Santa Claus....

6. Panglоss

Panglоss I am the NRA

People do have opinions, yes. Good that you are here to point that out. Do you have a paranormal experience to contribute?

^^^

More opinion

7. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

That's racist.

8. Beware Owner

Beware Owner NOT a victim.

I haven't heard of anyone here who has practiced black magic. Those sure have stories to tell...

9. wjv

wjv Zip It Stan Lee.. . .

Only once was I creep'd out by just being in a house. we were looking to buy a home and went to one house to do a walk through. I couldn't wait to get out of that house. I just felt very strange from the moment we walked through the door. The feeling left the second we walked out of the door. :dunno:

10. scprotector1

scprotector1 LoneStarGlocker

Finally an excellent response from someone who is not a "religious nut" or "scientist" but a RATIONAL THINKER. Thank you. Also it has been proven that high concentrations of electromagnetic fields will cause hallucinations, dizziness, and a feeling of dread. Does this explain everything? No, but it is something to consider.

11. scprotector1

I love how this type of stuff happens and no one decides to film it...if it happens with such "regularity" why not film it?! Preposterous.

12. Mr. Niceguy

Mr. Niceguy Senior Member

Film it with what? This would have been 1992 or so. No cell phones yet, and the old VHS camcorders were ~$1,000 at the time - a pretty goodly sum of money for a poor young couple. I suppose I should have dusted off the old 8mm camera.

13. scprotector1

Absolutely. I found this creepy short film on youtube explaining this. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdKOC3m3a1A"]Dining Room or There is Nothing - YouTube[/ame]

Sleep tight folks ;)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  14. uptomyneck

uptomyneck

One morning six years ago, my wife and I started to wake as the sun was coming up. The two dogs both jerked their heads up and looked at our open bedroom door and when they did, we both heard a woman say, "Sorry." Since we were the only two there, we looked at each other and both said, "WTF?"

I grabbed the G29 to clear the house. I checked every room and found nothing. I come back to the bedroom and my wife asks me if I saw anything. I put the gun back on the nightstand and told her "no" and as I turned around, a woman was standing right next to me. She was about 5' tall and had no face, just a form. I screamed and jumped back and it was gone. My wife saw her too.

We still talk about it and we still have no idea what it was. I was kinda hoping my ex had died and before she was sent to hell, she had to tell us she was sorry for being such a POS. But of course it wasn't her.

15. Beware Owner

Did you draw that?

16. RetailNinja

RetailNinja

Been in a few 'haunted' cemeteries, lurked around a few unmarked 'poor farm' graves, never seen anything but tombstones, beer cans, OLD liquor bottles and my own reflection. One of the 'haunted' ones seems to have an interesting feature in that I've never seen an animal in it, or animal scat. It took me a few years to notice it.

I'm pretty sure I caught the tail end of two dudes banging in it one night. Middle of night, two guys in sweat shirts in pajama pants randomly parked along side it were walking back to their vehicles. Claimed to be visiting a dead relative, though they were unrelated, and gave me a name of someone not buried there. I went back the next afternoon and looked for weed grows or hunting sign and found none.

17. Hamilton Burger

Hamilton Burger Incompetent

Yes, why? :embarassed:

Have you seen something like him?

18. blk69stang

blk69stang

Ok, here's mine.

I'm originally from Maine, and the fall of 1998 was my first semester away at college in Arizona, and also my first real time away from home. As such, I was pretty close with family, and called home pretty much daily. My grandfather was not in the greatest of health, and while it was really only a matter of time, we all thought that it would not be as soon as it was.

Anyway, the night it happened, I went to bed like any other night. In the wee hours of the morning, something like 3:00 am, I woke up and sat bolt upright in bed, sobbing. Somehow I *knew* that he had died. As I began to wake up a bit more, I shrugged it off as a bad dream, and felt pretty silly. I figured I was just worried about his health and had a bad dream as a result. I went back to sleep. Later that morning, I got a call from my parents, and they told me they had bad news. Before they told me what the bad news was, I interrupted them: "Grampie Gus passed away, didn't he?" They were a little surprised with my response, but told me that yes, he had passed. "What time?" I asked. Obviously, this is not the normal reaction from someone who's just been told a close family member has died. They were a bit puzzled by my question, but answered it nonetheless. Turns out, he passed away at something like 6:00 AM... which considering the three hour time-zone difference, was almost EXACTLY the same time I woke up in bed the night before. Both my parents and I were pretty weirded out by it.

I have pretty much been a firm skeptic all my life (and not terribly religious... perhaps you could describe me as raised Catholic, but now sort of non-denominational Christian bordering on Agnostic) but I really believe something happened that night. I don't know if it's just some type of telepathic connection between close family, or if my grandfather's "spirit" visited me to say goodbye, or what... but I now feel that there is a good chance that there is more to this life than science can currently explain.

FWIW, my son (and first child) was born back this past July. We named him Gus, after my departed grandfather.

19. Beware Owner

Actually, yes. I don't curse, but I said a big WTF when I saw that drawing. Took be back some years.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  20. CBennett

CBennett

i think its all crap. Been at gettysburg even right to/in devils den at night never saw,heard,felt anything wierd/strange. Im one of those ive got to experience it to believe and never have so i call BS on paranormal junk.