close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Paranormal Experiences

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by JW1178, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Beware Owner

Beware Owner NOT a victim.

Do you believe in the supernatural?

2. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

All I can say is that I believe there's "something" to it, although I wouldn't dare even offer a guess as to what "ghosts" really are and what makes them tick.

I've seen some pretty overt paranormal activity firsthand, which makes me something of a believer.

My best friend in high school had a Grandmother who lived in a farmhouse that her late husband had built in the 1950s. Long story short, I spent a weekend there fixing up a barn and working on the roof and got to "meet" her late husband - sort of. We had just gotten through cleaning the kitchen one night after dinner and went into the living room to watch some TV. On the way there I decided to turn around and get a Coke out of the fridge. When I walked back into the kitchen that we had just cleaned seconds before, every cabinet and drawer in the room was wide open.

I was shaken to the core by this, but my friend's Grandma wasn't even phased. She said her late husband, Frank, didn't like strangers much and was just reminding me that it was HIS house.

I agreed with her and told her that Frank could have the place! I never set foot in that house again after that night.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012

3. BEER

BEER bad example

at 1 point "scientists" jumped up and down swearing that the earth was flat. just because you can't prove something right now dosen't mean it won't ever be proven.

i loathe scientific zealots just as much as i hate religious zealots. everybody needs to knock off the "THIS IS THE WAY IT IS AND THAT'S THE END OF IT!" attitudes.

as human beings we are nothing more than cells that makes up the flea that rides the dog that's living in just 1 yard, so on and so forth.

4. Beware Owner

Beware Owner NOT a victim.

Personally, I think ghosts are demons.

5. Zonny

Zonny

I love this thread!!! :popcorn:

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. walt cowan

walt cowan

also on the seg. unit, cell e-1-3 was used as a broom closet. had sanitation sink in there that would turn its self on. funny to see how much it spooked officers and inmates alike.

7. johnd

johnd

Never seen a ghost in the USA, seen quite a few in Europe and the Balkans region.
    I go past the local HS some mornings and see a lot of what look like zombies

8. Louisville Glocker

Louisville Glocker Urban Redneck

You've got me wrong. Scientists have to be humble. I never claimed to know everything. Our favorite theories can be proven wrong in a single experiment. That's all it takes. Evidence. Real evidence.

A decent scientist is willing to ask tough questions and is willing to accept the results of experiments. We think something is right based on evidence.

And yes, we do believe the evidence. It is completely different than religious zealots who believe the words of some guy on a hill, or the words written in a book that are supposed to be the words of God, whatever God is. Religious zealotry is completely different than science. Sure, we scientists get excited, but it is about experiments that prove or disprove our theories, experiments that can be reproduced and performed by different people all over the world (or maybe even all over the universe).

Totally different. But feel free to loathe us. You might as well loathe the Truth also....and nature....and the universe. We're just trying to examine patterns and figure out the way it behaves.

9. Dinky

Dinky Numpty

I have tried that twice with her and got nothing.

I did have have a recording of drawers being opened and closed and paper being moved and an office light turning on and off. This was in an office that I had the only key to and was caught on the security system.

10. ocjackel

ocjackel

Ok, here's my ghost story. Actually it's my mom's.

My mom and step dad live in Santa Fe, NM. They have been there about 16 years. 4 times over the last 16 years my mom claims that she has seen, late at night, an older asian man walk down the hallway and then disapear.

She told me that the first time she was pretty freaked out and didn't even wake my step dad and tell him. She evenually just dismissed it as being tired and it being late.

A few years pass and she had completely forgotten about it and it happens again, late night and on her way to bed (my step father was already asleep). Another asian man walks down the hallway and disapears. This time she wakes up my step dad and tells him. He's not sure if he believes her.

After this second incident they did some research on their neiborhood and it turns out that it was built on a site that was a Japanese internment camp during WWII.

She says that 3rd and 4th times she has seen him she has tried to talk to him but has never gotten any response, he seems indifferent or unaware of her.

11. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED

When I was 11 my parents wanted to move to a certain neighborhood (built in the 50's) so I would attend a better HS. We found a fixer uper that was once a hospice home. It had 2 front doors, 2 kitchens, 4 baths a 5 car garage a basement (more like a root cellar) and 7 bedrooms. There was the owners side separated from the residence side by a large door with deadbolts. One strange thing about one of the rooms on the residence side was that it was in the middle of the house with no windows and a dead bolt that locked from the outside. The room had wood panel walls with blue lanolium (sp) flooring. During our walk through I remember feeling like someone was watching me. Just an all around creepy feeling.

Skip forward a few weeks and my parents found out our offer was declined. Skip forward about 4 months and we find our new house and it's directly behind the creepy house we walked through. Sharing our back fence. The first time I saw the ghost I remember perfectly. It was a saturday morning and I was home alone. I had just gotten out of the shower and the steam was thick since it was winter. As I opened the bathroom door right there in front of me was a man in a blue suite and fedora. I didn't see his face either because of the steam or because he was misty or something like that. As I stumbled backwards and blinked he was gone. I was pretty freaked out but kept it to myself.

With time as any 11 yo boy would do, I started making friends with other children in the neighborhood. And having sleep overs and play dates. Pretty soon I found my best friend who lived across the street. During one sleep over I told him about the man in the blue suite. He then proceeded to inform me how our neighbors house to the rear once had been used as a elderly group home. And how the owners were in jail because the tenants would die but would never reported and the SS checks would keep coming. He told me how they dug up the whole yard looking for bodies (and I remember the holes) but never found any.

I lived there till I was 19. Throughout the years my parents my friends and family all saw the man in the blue suite. Pictures and mirrors fell off walls. The garage door would open and close on it's own. Lights would turn on in they middle of the night. Never did it get to the point of being scarry because this ghost never said anything, just a glimpse here and there. Things falling or turning on where very rare but did happen. I've been out of the house for some time now but my parents still live there and the last time I asked it's been years since any activity. I swear to god himself that this is a true story.

12. Mr. Niceguy

Mr. Niceguy Senior Member

My wife and I lived in a small rental house when we were first married that had poltiergeist type activity. Our guest did not like banannas or loaves of bread anywhere other than neatly lined up on the countertop next to the kitchen sink. We could sit at the kitchen table with our backs to the banannas/bread for a minute or two, and turn around to find them back by the sink again. We'd put them somewhere else and then repeat the process. Repeatedly. It happened with such regularity that we eventually got bored with it.

13. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

If I ever meet a ghost I'll believe in it. I have had one single ESP like event that I cannot explain but it was totally subjective with no possibility of evidence so not much point in discussing it.

14. cyphertext

cyphertext

Several years ago, we went to the USS Lexington with his Cub Scout Pack. We toured the ship and stayed on board overnight, heard all the ghost stories, etc. Well, the next morning, after we had taken all of our stuff up to the hangar deck from the berthing area, my son wanted to go walk around the ship and take pictures, since there were not any people except our Cub Scout group left. So, we put fresh batteries in his digital camera and headed down into the engine compartment, where "Charlie" supposedly roams.

When we made it down to the engine compartment, the power went out on the ship. The emergency lights came on, so it wasn't pitch black, but it was kinda dark. After a few minutes, one of the tour folks came and yelled down the hatch and asked if anyone was down in the engine compartment. We said we were, and were alone, so he decided to bring the two other people down and show them the engine room too, before guiding us back up to the hangar deck.

Well, as the guide told the story about Charlie and pointed out where he died, my son went to take a picture of the spot....as soon as he turned on the camera and focused on that place on the ship, the batteries lost all power. These were fresh batteries, that we had just put in the camera minutes before. We showed the guide that the camera went dead and he immediately took all of us back up to the hangar deck.

15. JLA

JLA

I don't know if this would be "paranormal" but here goes....

My granddaughters spent the night 3 weeks ago and the next morning my wife heard them in the bedroom talking to each other and giggling. Sometimes they do that. After a while my wife walked in and asked them what they wanted for breakfast. Of course they didn't know. The oldest (6 years) was too interested in watching her hands.

Then she asked my wife (gramma to them)....

*Can you see them?

See what?

*The lights around my hands.

No, what lights?

*The red and white lights. They're playing when they go through my hands. They're funny.

No, I can't see them.

Now, my wife is looking at their hands trying to find a light source...also rubbing her hands. She asked "are they still there?"

*Yeah, just floating around playing.

After a few more minutes they come out of the bedroom and said that they (lights) were gone now. At that point, I am awake and start asking her questions.

Sooo how big were the lights? About the size of my little finger nail?

*No, they were little.

Where did they go? Were they in the room under the bed? Did they go into the closet?

*No, just playing around my hands. Then they left.

I couldn't get much out of her. She just wanted to eat then go outside to play...lol.
    The innocence of a child....

16. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

It is interesting. I have read the Torah, and have never seen anything regarding reincarnation.

17. vikingsoftpaw

vikingsoftpaw DEPLORABLE ME!

For a contrasting point of view read:

Seven kinds of Ghosts

http://saint-mike.org/warfare/library/wp-content/docs/7ghosts.asp

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=14715

18. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

I had a similar experience at Muriel's restaurant in New Orleans. Muriel's is very famously haunted and there are many tales of mysterious voices in their Seance Room upstairs (yes, that's right, the restaurant has a seance room!), and one ghost in particular, that of Pierre Jourdan, was so active at one point that the staff now leaves a plate of bread and some wine out for him continuously to keep him calmed down (I'm not making this up, and they've been doing it since long before having ghosts in your restaurant was considered "cool").

Anyhow, I eat there a good bit when in New Orleans and know some of the staff pretty well. Last year when I was in town with my wife I took her by there for the Sunday Brunch and although the upstairs was closed at the time, the staff told me I could take her upstairs to see the Seance Room since she had never been before. They did warn us, however, that Pierre had been active recently in the form of a partial manifestation that one of the cleaning crew had seen up there a week earlier while cleaning the Seance Room after hours.

My wife brought her camera, which had fresh batteries, and we went upstairs to poke around on our own for a bit. She was nervous and just wanted to snap some pics of the outlandish decor in the Seance Room and then LEAVE, but as soon as she started focussing her camera, the battery went absolutely flat.

She looked at the camera, looked at me, said "F--- This!" and went back downstairs.

19. devildog2067

devildog2067

No, not really. "Scientists" in the sense that we now use the term only date back to th time of the ancient Greeks, and by that time scientists (and sailors) knew th world was not flat. Aristotle famously said the world was found, but no one lived on the bottom half because they would fall off (no one had thought of gravity yet).

But you see, here's the thing: there is no such thing as a scientific zealot. The very term is a contradiction.

Anyone who truly understands science is willing to cast aside their beliefs in the face of new evidence. Every physicist in the world believes that the speed of light is the fastest any particle can travel; Einstein's general relativity equations elegantly state it to be so.

But if tomorrow someone else came along and found an error or loophole in the equations, every scientist on the planet throw away the old belief. That is in direct contradiction to the idea of zealots who cling to beliefs in the face of evidence to the contrary.

Some things just are what they are. They don't care about your opinion. Sometimes it really is correct to say "that's just the way it is."

20. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

In theory every scientist who formulates a theory should be grateful to those who study, question and challenge it. However, being human many aren't. Think Edison and Tesla.

If I could see convincing evidence of paranormal activity, especially something that could be seen again and again I would find it interesting. My one brush with it was brief and startling but inconclusive.