close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Paranormal Experiences

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by JW1178, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

I am not sure what you are asking?

2. arclight610

arclight610

Me and the wife walk the local cemetery every night for about an hour. Haven't seen anything yet. I don't think I've ever seen a ghost. I have however had weird experiences from too much caffeine causing an overactive brain at night.

For those that live in "haunted" areas and claim to see stuff... why do you live there? Isn't it a bit discomforting living with a supernatural being that cannot be explained nor that you know the capabilities of?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012

3. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

Every culture, around the world, even long before your faith existed, has stories of the supernatural.

So, why are your stories true? (and of course it is based on your very specific faith) Why are their stories not true?

4. Kingarthurhk

I understand that. Apartments are the worst for that sort of thing. I remember when I was in Laredo, I had a small one bedroom apartment that was relatively new. Never had a problem there. Then, my fiancee was going to move down from NE, (we are married and have been so for about 13 years now), so we could get married. I knew I needed a bigger place.

I am pretty sensitive to this sort of thing, always have been. I guess that has been my gift, discerning spirits. When I toured the older apartment, nothing on the radar.

The day I moved in was completely different. A demonic entity wanting to take the form of a woman was at the top of the stairwell glaring at me.

I knew I would have to begin the process of taking over the place. This thing didn't want to go, so it was a process of prayer and persistance.

Eventually, I had cleansed the whole of the apartment, though I failed to enter one room. The room my fiancee was going to stay in until we were married and made it right.

I was in the Border Patrol working all kinds of shift work. My fiancee moved in and she took the spare room.

I got a call on the later part of a swing shift. She was begging me to come home. I told her, I was in the fiield, and that just wasn't an option.

She told me there was a creepy woman walking up and down the stairs calling her by name.

I had never told her about my experiences in the apartment. I had also never talked with her about the ability God had given me. It isn't widely discussed even in Christian cirlces, because it makes people uncomfortable. I was in the process of marrying this woman, I certainly didn't wan to drive her away.

But, there are times like this you have to have a frank conversation.

5. Kingarthurhk

My roots come from your roots. I am merely part of a grafted in vine. If any Christian says that their faith could have existed without Judaism, they are fooling themselves. Christianity was a reform movement of Judaism.

We share some of the same bible. We know that first lie comes from Genesis:

Genesis 3:4, ""You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman.

Here we have Lucifer taking the form of a serpent.

6. Rabbi

That has nothing to do with what I asked.

There are a lot of other faiths besides Christianity and Judaism. They have stories of the supernatural as well. What makes yours true and theirs false?

7. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

well that ends the debate. Ladies and Gentlemen we have a SCIENTIST here! He plainly knows it all about spirituality, religion, etc., don't question him, he is a scientist!:upeyes:

You don't know everything, and a post like you just made proves it.

8. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

What makes a house, "hot?" How does one arrive at such a classification? HH

9. Kingarthurhk

Well, I pose this question to you. How many of these same religions are perpetually plagued by demonic spirits? How many of them successfully rid themselves of them? I have heard of plenty of missionaries encountering these same said cultures and cleansing whole areas of demonic influence through the power of God.

I have yet to see the converse.

10. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

11. Rabbi

*sigh*

Never mind. There is nothing I can say or show that would get you to understand.

12. engineer151515

engineer151515

I suppose it is not so different than saying a lady is "hot".
    In the sense that, if you looking for a specific measurement, then I'm wasting my time describing it. That said, I'm convinced the implicit understanding of the term is not lost upon the average reader.

13. Kingarthurhk

Well, being more specific and elaborating more might be helpful. To be frank, you are being a bit inscrutible, so it is hard to get a grasp on the point you are trying to make. I am not being purposefully obtuse or trying to be disrespectful.

14. Rabbi

I dont know what is more direct than "What makes your supernatural claims true and someone elses false...because there are faiths, older than your own, that make the same claims you do...."

The best you have answered so far is "Their supernatural claims are demons...and my(faiths) supernatural powers got rid of them..."

So, what do you say about the Hindu Priest, a faith far older than yours, who is sitting around telling someone "Yes, ghosts are real, I have personal experience with them...."

15. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Again, what makes a location paranormally "hot?" HH

16. Kingarthurhk

I would argue that Hinduism is an old religion, and there are religions that are older than Judaism and Christianity; however, there was once a time on the earth when there was no religion. There were only the Sons of God, and followers of Cain. That all religions have come about as a confusion about what God is, or in direct rebellion to God.

As to Hindiusm specifically, there really isn't much talk about ghosts as there is in reincarnation.

When there is confusion about what God is, or rebellion to God, there evil reigns.

17. Rabbi

I see, you are incapable of looking at this through any lense but your own.

BTW, as is your general flaw anyways, (you assert no matter what the truth is) you obviously dont know much about Hinduism...but that is not going to stop you from making assertions about it.

Oh well, I am going to go back to learning about reincarnation. Which is a normal part of traditional Judaism.

18. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

There are tens of thousands of years of history evident prior to Genesis. HH

19. Kingarthurhk

Actually, I have studied the world's major religions. I have an okay grasp of Hinduism. The ultimate goal is Moksha, or the state of nonbeing, or the concept of the rain drop being invaded by the ocean. Budhism as a reform movement of Hinduism has a similar concept. All life is suffering, and the ultimate goal is to reincarnate into a state of non-existance. There really isn't mention of ghosts.

Your last comment is confusing, as I really don't know of any form of Judaism that advocates reincarnation.

20. Rabbi

Again, you dont know as much as you claim. Of course Jews believe in reincarnation. It is a basic tenet of traditional Judaism.

This is Aish. One of the more authoratative. mainstream traditional Jewish sites. Google will bring up plenty of others.

http://www.aish.com/jl/l/a/48943926.html