close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Para vs STi

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by ahtsay, Mar 25, 2008.

1. ahtsay

ahtsay

I'm posting this for a friend I met at a range. He's looking to buy a FA, but is confused as to what to get; STi Edge or Para P16-40 :supergrin: Please share your opinions as to help him make the best decision. I remember when I was starting out, hinde ko din alam kung anong kukunin eh :supergrin: Anyways, any comments and advice will surely be appreciated. Thanks!

2. st. matthew

st. matthew c_w@_u_need_2_c

friend ka dyan!?? gusto mo lang bumili ng bakal noh?
    :tempted::supergrin:

sabagay mas maganda ang feeling at bigat ng bakal:supergrin:

3. ahtsay

ahtsay

Makoy from a reliable source. P16-40, 75K nalang daw :supergrin: Not bad diba? Kuha ko noon yung sakin 88K eh. :upeyes: Hinde nako talaga bibili. May isa pa akong LD naka pending kay Deenoh, kakahiya na nga eh.

Wala ka bang comment sa STi VS Para? Share your knowledge naman hehehe!!

4. bertud ng putik

bertud ng putik

get the STI edge na! for me parang forged steel vs. cast ang labanan dyan...

5. ahtsay

ahtsay

The question is...is it worth the extra money? :supergrin: Almost double kasi yung Edge eh. If we incorporate the price, Edge pa din ba kukunin mo?:supergrin:

6. jojo_G19

jojo_G19

magbuo nlang cya ng either STI or Para, inde magkakalayo ang price. mas maganda pa pagkakagawa. mas swabe ang fitting, premium parts pa mailalagay nya.

just me
    jojo

7. GMV

GMV

clarence, go for capacity (19/20 vs. 17/18) :tempted:

(alam ko ikaw yang nagtatanong :supergrin:)

8. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Clarence ba name ng friend mo? :supergrin:

Kung magbubuo sya, STI na lang. Kung buo na, Para or Armscor.

9. st. matthew

st. matthew c_w@_u_need_2_c

knowledge?
    wala ako alam dyan, but the force is strong with the para harharhar!!:supergrin::supergrin:

puede bang hulugan yung LD mo?:supergrin:

10. 9MX

9MX Rei!

my para mag can load 19, and reloadable:cool:

11. mtho

mtho

sti ni clarence 19 din ngayon.

anyway makoy, ahtsay nagsisisi na ba kayo sa pagbenta nyo ng mga steel framed guns

12. ahtsay

ahtsay

Nix meron akong SV mag 19 kasya....pero si Tony O. lang kaya mag load ng 19 :rofl: When I was there, I saw him load 19...pero when I tried to do it at home, hinde ko magawa :upeyes:

mtho, ako nagsisisi :crying: kasi ang mura kong binenta eh. I should have just kept it nalang. Si makoy din pala binenta Para niya? I think alam ko din kung anong feeling niya :rofl:

Atty. Johnny, pwede ba magpakilala ka na dito? Kasi kala nila ako yung bibili eh :supergrin:

13. jojo_G19

jojo_G19

pwede magamit ang PARA mags on STI, konting kalikot lang ng gunsmith, ok na.

BTW, kaya ng PARA mags ang 20 rounds.

jojo

14. i_am_infinity

i_am_infinity Pang Altar

ahts...here we go again... :) i say build a para if it's FOR YOU! ;)

15. mtho

mtho

i think building a para is more expensive than building a sti. strange diba, to think when you buy the whole gun its the other way around.

it always starts like that, some body wants a gun and tells you about it then you end up with one. nyahahahahahahaha

16. i_am_infinity

i_am_infinity Pang Altar

ahts ok na un para for ur back up gun...mark what do u think of a caspian hicap since the mags are available now?

17. ahtsay

ahtsay

Jay, I don't think Caspian mags are available-available. More like "available", but you can't get any :supergrin:. Kung talagang available yung Caspian mags, kukuha na kaagad si Mtho niyan hehehe!!! :tongueout:

This thread was started to help a guy choose a gun...walang nangyari! :upeyes:
    Anyways, in my opinion STi is the better gun in terms of fit and finish, plus the materials used is better. In my Para, the gun started rattling at around 2 thousand rounds. However the Para, in my experience is not a bad gun at all, plus I like the 1911 look better. I think you can have a faster transition with the Para since the weight is further back, unlike the Edge which is front heavy which should be better for your splits naman. However when you buy a Para there are some basic parts that you may want to change from the start which brings the price closer to the STi. When I bought my Para I changed the sear, hammer and disconnector to STi in order to get a soft, more consistent trigger pull. I also bought an S&A magwell since the gun didn't come with one. I also changed the recoil spring and mainspring. Siguro the total cost of the parts was around 12K, kasama na gunsmithing. One more thing that made me sell my Para is the PXT extractor. Other forums have been saying that the PXT breaks easily and cannot be replaced with an aftermarket/std extractor. Although I never experienced any breakage, I worried constantly about it. Anyways, whatever you end up buying should be a good choice but I think you may be happier if you get an Edge.
    When I had my Para, I was not shopping for an STi. I suddenly got a PM from Doc BI, a price list of STi parts and guns from Armscor. It was too good to be true, but it was. When I was starting out and you wanted an STi, sa TrueWeight lang meron. And you would have to sell one of your kidneys to afford one. So when Armscor came started selling them at a reasonable price, I jumped at it. :supergrin:

18. CX9

CX9 Senior Member

Both are overpriced that's one thing for sure.

19. mtho

mtho

i think si jethro merong caspian hicap na mags and no one else have it. maybe the old norinco hicap mags would work since the old norinco hicapframes looks like caspians. sabi dati ni travis tomasie meron syang experimental magazine na gawa ata ng cz or tngfoglio pero kelangan pa gunsmith. in my opinion it would be too expensive connsidering the custom work that needs to be done. and since it has a slimmer frame it carry's less rounds pa than a sti or para. sa uspsa ubra sya kasi 140mm yung legal mag nila dun and when you have 18 round easy na and strategic mag changes

if you use a para you could buy the armscor mag for less than 2t and as is carry's 17 rounds without any modifications and no more expense. so stick with either Para or sti.

20. ans3288

ans3288

i think both guns have their pros and cons. any which way i think u cant go wrong. altho i shoot with a para. i got mine out of the box, pre-PXT series a p16.40. i just installed a magwell. i eventually changed the firing pin(extended) and i already broke the plunger(ejector). but other components are still factory. have a lot of fun shooting it even if i dont win any matches! :)