Glock Talk banner

Para Ordnance

1177 Views 53 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  FAL 7.62
My buddy is looking at a 3” barrel 10rd double stack. Not sure if new or used. Any1 have any experience with Para? I didn’t look up up the specific model. I’ve been on here for a few yrs and never read anything regarding Para. Yeah yeah, I know- why don’t u inquire on the 1911 forum. Well, cause I have an account here not there. And there are a lot of 1911 guys here. Chime in
Reactions: Lt. Donn
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

· Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Warthog is not a good pistol. I wanted one bad many years ago, when I didn’t know any better. Got one, jammomatic piece of garbage. Traded in for a significant loss and was happy to do so.
We went to look at it today. $699. I told him no way. Doesn’t feel right, lots of dings, scratches and the idiot marks.

· Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Question how is he going to gun shop to buy one. the last ones sold out of Sportsmans was over 5 years ago. they are no longer made.unless the shop you know had one old stock laying around.even cdnn is getting low on the original mags for sale and upped the price to $33 bucks now.

check out the Rocky if he has to have small hi cap 45 auto.its not pricy.....cost of a glock.and all metal. and with the cdnn mags and the sleeves you get 14 shot. And i don't consider the gun any handfull. handle a Smith 500 magnum {I should know had them and sold them} they are over the top in cal and blast and recoil,get it done,its no big deal he's buying a gun.. View attachment 1155333
View attachment 1155331
I meant to answer your earlier post. We are behind enemy lines in CT, 10rd max. I like ur suggestion though. I think 1911’s should be single stack. He loves my Kimber Ultra Carry II.

· Registered
40 Posts
I have owned the Para-Ordinance P14-45 since around 1995 and purchased it new. It was manufactured in Canada and is a fine handgun. I haven't shot it in recent years, but when I was shooting it, it was flawless. I have large hands and it fits my grip well. The only 45 ACP handgun I like better is my Glock 21.4. What else can I say?

· Registered
456 Posts
The Para Warthog was the only 1911 I ever owned that I can honestly say was a total, unfixable PoS.

I give the early Para folks credit for championing the double stack 1911 and the short barrel Warthog was an innovation. But the company couldn't cut it in the marketplace. QA went in the crapper and then Remington scooped them up for cheap. That made it worse for Para owners. The Warthog is the Yugo of the gun world. Some of Para's early guns were quite good.

I believe Kimber is on the same trajectory. Time will tell.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts