close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pants on the Ground

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by KevR, Jan 15, 2010.

1. KevR

KevR

I haven't seen this posted yet, so if someone already has please delete this thread.

You've got to check out this video from American Idol the other night. I hate AI, but the first week or 2 when all the freak shows come try out are pretty entertaining. This guy was the best by far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw0a12geN3Q

2. Tailhunter

Tailhunter Glockman

3. FrogWithAGlock

FrogWithAGlock Girl with a Gun

as my kids would say, that was HIGH-larious!
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Why ya lookin' like a punk wit yo pants on da ground ?

5. airmotive

airmotive Tin Kicker

"I'm 62 years old.
    This year will be my birthday."

NYC Drew...you gotta jump on that!

6. Mrs. Tink

Mrs. Tink Semper Fidelis

No thank you... they played a clip on the radio and it was in my head for half the day. :supergrin:

7. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

That was actually pretty funny! But hey, 62 and slammin an almost split!? I know a lot of 40 somethings that can't do that!!!

8. CBennett

CBennett

I think its hilarious...did ya also see people that wear their pants like that are all up in arms about the song lol.

MINNESOTA (The Borowitz Report) - The song "Pants on the Ground" has become a huge hit since being performed on "American Idol," but a new poll suggests it has not found favor with one key group of Americans: people who wear their pants on the ground.

According to the University of Minnesota's Davis Logsdon, who has been conducting a yearlong survey of the attitudes of people who wear their trousers in a droopy manner, the song is "no laughing matter to the millions of Americans who have made a choice to wear their pants on the ground."

The poll asked respondents the question, "As someone who wears his or her pants on the ground, do you think the song 'Pants on the Ground' reinforces a negative stereotype?"

Professor Logsdon indicated that even some of the song's lyrics that do not deal directly with the "pants on the ground" issue have offended low-pants-wearing individuals.

"Many people who wear their pants on the ground do not wear their hats turned sideways," he said. "They strongly believe that there should be entirely separate song about that.

all i can say is wth lol

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  9. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

We saw him the other night. He is gonna be famous. At least he is a little better than Willie Hung.

10. skanless

skanless IPA ISLAND

:rofl: He sings the truth.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  11. kirklyn

kirklyn

12. mac66

mac66 Huge Member Millennium Member

General Larry Platt I salute you! :patriot:

13. Ender

Ender ComfortablyNumb

14. snewsoG22

snewsoG22 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

15. TCmofo

TCmofo

Larry Platt, civil rights activist with Dr. Martin Luther King. This song is more than meets the eye...hell yeah it is funny, but I think it was and is meant to have deeper meaning. Alot of the 60s civil rights activists are dissapointed, even angered by the slackers who don't take advantage of what the older generation fought for. The lack of drive to go after what is out there today, goofy, but most definitely a political statement.

16. PipesandGOP

PipesandGOP

I agree with the man. It was funny but you could tell he thinks it's serious and I'm on board with him on it. The man's trying to turn things around for a sect of America that he probably feels needs some guidance from an older and more responsible male figure. He's wanting to get kids off the streets and make them get serious about more than spray painting buildings. The man calls himself "general" because he's a veteran of the civil rights movement and sees the people he worked so hard to promote throwing it away with a culture that's not centered around anything other than as he put it "lookin like a fool".

And I don't think the way he was treated by the judges was funny either. Probably the most disrespectful thing I've ever seen.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010