Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a lightly used G19 Gen4. The previous owner attached a clip to it to hang on pants for OWB carry, instead of a holster. I have never seen one before and it seems odd hanging there with no support. Fortunately, he was a lefty like I am. Just wondering if anyone has seen or used these before. I have never seen one. Not sure if I will keep it on or not...

· Registered
628 Posts
Get rid of it, it's set up for right hander anyway. The gun goes in the pants and the clip on the outside, your pants and belt help stabilize the gun. If he was carrying the gun on the outside he probably shouldn't carry a gun anyway.

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get rid of it, it's set up for right hander anyway. The gun goes in the pants and the clip on the outside, your pants and belt help stabilize the gun. If he was carrying the gun on the outside he probably shouldn't carry a gun anyway.
Lol, that's what I was thinking. When he showed it to me I said, "well it wouldn't work for me as I am a lefty"........and he said, "so am I". Anyway, it is already off the gun. :thumbsup:

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's called a "clip draw". Any carry system that doesn't protect the trigger is dangerous and foolish. Do yourself and favor and remove this stupid gimmick.
This one must be a copy-cat. I did a search on Amazon for Clipdraw and it shows one that it is a bit different, but the same basic design. It has a warning on it saying not to use it with the gun in the "ready to fire" condition. So, that is their disclaimer for having an exposed trigger I guess. Surprising it has a 4 1/2 star ratings. Lots of folks seem to like it, but I won't be one of them.

· Registered
523 Posts
I've got a Clip Draw on a Taurus PT 111. It works just fine for me, whether or not I use the manual safety.

Had a KelTec P11, no manual safety, that wore a belt clip. It, too, worked just fine, although the trigger was pretty heavy.

For a Glock I'd prefer something that covered the trigger guard.

· Registered
59,814 Posts
I am skeptical of them but some seem to be very happy with them.

· Banned
45,575 Posts
I'd rather use a disposeable coat hanger like gangbangers use.

· Banned
45,575 Posts
I had one on my LCP, worked great. Its only good for micro's with heavy DAO. Looks funny on a 19, good job on removing it. Congrats on the 19, enjoy!
I had the OEM clip for a KT P-11. I liked it because it was frame mounted, rather than on the back of the slide. The horrible trigger ensured an acceptable degree of safety. The clipdraw for Glocks just looks like it makes the gun ride too low for my taste. Never tried one, though.

· City cop, etc
4,555 Posts
I had the OEM clip for a KT P-11. I liked it because it was frame mounted, rather than on the back of the slide. The horrible trigger ensured an acceptable degree of safety. The clipdraw for Glocks just looks like it makes the gun ride too low for my taste. Never tried one, though.

I considered it for my PF9 but that idea came and went pretty quick lol

· U S Veteran
2,472 Posts
Never seen one on a Glock, but have seen them on LCP's and P-3AT's.

· Brass Vulture
10,265 Posts
Lol, that's what I was thinking. When he showed it to me I said, "well it wouldn't work for me as I am a lefty"........and he said, "so am I". Anyway, it is already off the gun. :thumbsup:
Good move. :thumbsup: I'm also with the others and say it belongs in a proper holster when carried.

· Registered
2,255 Posts
If I was going to use a clipdraw, then at a minimum I would want a VanGuard type trigger guard holster to go with it.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.