close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Panic in the LGS

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by SmokeRoss, Dec 22, 2012.

1. SmokeRoss

SmokeRoss GTDS Member #49

I've been cruising the gun stores and pawn shops the past few days. Black guns are ALL gone. Mags holding more than 10 rounds.....gone. Business is absolutely crazy. I did manage to stumble across 2 17 round mags for my Glock 17 today and picked them up for $15 each. Would have bought them even before the panic for that money.:cool:

2. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 Pinky Out Platinum Member

PA to LA to NY to FL to IL to VA to GA to OH to FL
    Yeah, it gets crazy around Cchristmas.:whistling:

:wavey:

3. Kloogee

Kloogee

I did my monthly perusal of our small local shop today. It was crazy in there. Every other time I've been there, there have been a max of 3 other people in the shop. Today there were probably 15. In the handgun cases, the only things they had were revolvers, not a single semi-auto in the place. And the rifle racks were pretty much the same. Normally the rifle racks are nearly full with only a couple empty slots. But today, I would say the rifle racks were probably about 40% full. And while I was there for about 3 mins, there was a guy there with a big box buying up every single box of 5.56 and .223 they had in stock.

I really hope this is a short term thing. It sure does complicate the hobby when everybody is snapping up EVERYTHInG as soon as it hits the shelves. :(

4. Scott3670

Scott3670

My LGS is almost bare of anything related to AR-style rifles: ammo, mags, the guns themselves, etc.

5. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

ALL BLACK RIFLES GONE , OH NOES .

[​IMG]

6. HollywoodG23

HollywoodG23

7. Chuck66

Chuck66 Traveling Man

My local shops with Facebook pages are putting up posts stating what they are out of and that they hope to be restocked, especially with ammo, by the new year. They're practically begging people to stop calling and coming in looking for anything black gun related and for pretty much all types of ammo. Only thing left in several shops is .40 and .45.