close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Panhandle GSSF'ers and Ivan

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Fireglock, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

I've spoken to Don at PC and DEJ's daughter and they made it through the storm safely. Some damage, no power and DEJ has lost internet access. I haven't spoken to Unclebob or Pharaoh as of yet. I'll continue to contact them through the day. Cell phone access in the Ft. Walton Beach area is exremely busy, I haven't been able to get through on it.

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Jerry,

Thanks for the update. Please, please, please keep us posted dear friend but not old "buddy.":cool:

3. Fireglock

As of 2 hours ago I have spoken to Dan (DEJ) and Don (Don at PC). Dan has heard from Pete (Pharaoh) and he's OK as well. No report on his home. The phones are screwed up and no one has spoken to Unclebob in Mary Ester yet. They don't have any cell phone service in Ft. Walton Beach, Panama City cell sites are still functioning.

Dan has some damage to his home, looks like he may need a roof or at least some serious repair. Don hadn't checked the outside other than to note he had some tree limbs down and fence damage.

I'll let you know when I hear more.

4. Clem

Clem

Thanks for the updates, Jerry. Hope that the property damage is minimal, but most importantly, glad to hear everyone (so far) is OK. As we watched the path of Ivan, we sure were worried about everyone, but hopefully the worst has passed. All of y'all continue to be in our thoughts & prayers. Tony & Donna.

5. Fireglock

I just spoke to Don and he's up and running, he should be posting anytime. I spoke to Dan's wife Marci and they still don't have power or Internet service. They have some real damage to their roof and are praying for no more rain until they can get it fixed. Sounds like cell phone service is coming back online.

Pete is OK, still no word from Unclebob.

6. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Thanks for all your thoughts and Prayers. Well its all over with Ivan for us except for fix-up and clean-up. Karen and I are fine but have some roof damage (shingles and soffit trim) and some privacy fence damage but we are fine except for still being a little rattled. Afterall 12 tornadoes in the 1st 45 minutes of the storm plus the 100+ mph winds and rain from Ivan is really scary. The tornadoes were lined up off shore and moved in like a flight of Fighter jets making a bombing run on an enemy target. Pensacola was hit the worst as Florida goes. They have 20 dead and still several missing plus the I-10 bridge partly down and the Gulf Breeze bridge closed while divers inspect pilings.

I will try to get some pics this afternoon since our curfew is now over I should be able to get around.

Again; Thanks for all your thoughts and Prayers; it's great to have good friends.

7. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Glad to hear that you guys weathered the storm without getting hurt!

Good luck on the clean up!

8. Fireglock

Just spoke to Dan. He's just come home from the hospital, he got a bit hot and needed some fluids. All is well and he's promised to be a little more careful. :) Still no power and it's hot, but no rain for a few days, that's a good thing.

9. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

It's great to hear that my neighbors, friends and teammates from the "sunshine state" have survived another hurricane. Brenda and I were praying for everyone's safety.

Now we are looking over our shoulder to see what Hurricane Jeanne and Hurrican Karl are going.

WOW, the weather in Florida has been a real shock to us.

Brenda and I are in Kansas City tonight and the weather is fine.

Thanks for keeping all of us updated,
    Bobby and Brenda

10. Fireglock

I spoke to Dan a bit ago and he's now heard from Unclebob. Bob's OK, minor damage to the house and quite a bit more in trees and such outside. This is a good thing! :)

11. Don At PC

Just talked to Dan and they are still without power, maybe tomorrow. Talked to Pete this afternoon and same story, no power. They have had contact with UncleBob and he has no power but is safe and has minimul damage. So things are looking up slowly but surely, just slow. Maybe we have had our quota for this year. The entire State has had a very tramatic experience over the last 30 days.

Again thanks for everyones thoughts and with a little luck we will see you at Conyers in a couple weeks. Gotta think possitive. ;c ;c ;c

12. JMag

JMag

Panhandle, Gulf Shores/Orange Beach, AL all were hammered by Ivan. Mobile and Dauphin Island took hard hits as well as did most of the state of Alabama. As I hear it, over 800,000 in AL were/are still without power and this is the largest outage ever encountered by Alabama Power.

Of course, the loss of life and those family members affected are foremost in our thoughts and prayers. Things are replaceable, people are not.

Best of luck and many prayers to all those affected wherever you may be.

13. Don At PC

Just got off the phone with Dan; Still no power, maybe tomorrow. He did get a roofing company to do a temporary repair on the roof damage so they should be okay in any future rains till they get the final repair. Also talked with Pete this afternoon and same, no power. He was going to clean out his fridge and freezer and try to get a temporary repair on roof till the full repair takes place. All sounded upbeat under some trying times. Dan had just finished cooking some chicken breasts on the grill and had a 6 pack of cold beer and was planning on relaxing.

Keep up the possitive thoughts. And don't forget those who have lost more and many who gave the ultimate sacrafice. Mother nature is sometimes cruel.

Still looking to attending Conyers.

14. Don At PC

Just got an e-mail from Uncle Bob to let us know that he is now back to a more civilized world with power, internet and phone service so progress is being made. Will check with Dan(DEJ/FL) and Pete(Pharoh) this afternoon if no word about power. I do know that Dan has completed temporary roof repair same as I have to prevent water damage should we get any rain. Will keep you posted.

15. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

We had 8 or more I'm told funnel clouds roll through the valley.

I knew of 4. Two in front of and two in back of the house.

The ones behind the house, one storm was close enough to hear.

It was one that flattened one house and did damage to some others.

The ones in front of the house, one was close enough to see the funnel cloud go by.

I was listening to the scanner as the Deputies followed the cloud.

It was about 3 miles away and I could follow it by the radio and by sight.

I saw the dark cloud of the second one but no funnel. I think it was the one following the interstate.

It knocked over 2 semis.

You guys may not have snow, but this stuff makes my blood pressure meds work overtime.

16. Don At PC

Just talked to Dan (DEJ/FL) and he said they now have power and internet service and confirmed that Pete(Pharoah) also now has power so things are looking up.

17. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Well I'm back! Thanks everyone for your thoughts and Prayers! We got power and cable back this afternoon for about 2 minutes, then back OFF for about 55 minutes! It now been on steady so I'm going to say we have it on for good! The last five days have been an expearnce I would not wish on ANYONE! The winds started coming out of the East and then when the eye crossed on to Gulf Shores(about 80 miles to the West of Ft.Walton Beach, FL, the winds changed direction and came out of the south! The wind changing direction really did the damage. I moved a customers 28' Bertram to safe harbor on Tuesday and had it tied off with 4-1/2" braded dock lines and Ivan snapped all 4 lines! The only saving grace was the anchor&line I set out to keep the boat pulled away from the shore. The anchor caught a dock 50 yards away. The boat suffered some damage to the port side, however the owner still has his boat! If it was left where he had it docked, you might have seen it on the news parked in the middle of Hwy.98!
    Here's a few pictures.

18. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

The Morning After!

19. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

20. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Friday Pictures(Notice the weather)!