Palmetto State Armory Dagger Pistol question

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by BlueBayShepherd, Sep 24, 2020.

1. BlueBayShepherd

BlueBayShepherd

Hi everyone,

I have been looking at the newly released Dagger Pistol from Palmetto State Armory.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/palmetto-dagger.html

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-dagger-9mm-compact-pistol-black-black-910111111.html

The Dagger seems very popular. They are already out of stock. I'm thinking about getting one when they are back in stock.

I have a question: Why does the trigger look like it has a sort of hinge on it? Does it have some kind of trigger safety like a Glock?

Also, can the white dot sights be removed and replaced with night sights (I'm assuming that the white dots don't glow in the dark)?

Thanks for any replies!

2. gamecocks

gamecocks

I do not know for sure, but those sights definitely look like they can be changed exactly like Glock sights- pusher for the rear, and unscrew the front. I see the hinged trigger you mentioned, and would agree it looks like a trigger safety.

BlueBayShepherd likes this.

3. kiser64

kiser64

It looks like the M&P trigger design.

BlueBayShepherd, Redeemed and wally1 like this.
  4. CBTENGR

CBTENGR

I noticed the trigger too. I would say it is the safety since the Dagr is compatible with Glock Gen 3 parts. And yes it sold out in minuted of their release last Friday.

BlueBayShepherd likes this.
  5. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Every piece of junk that shoots bullets is out of stock. Welcome to 2020.

Why would you buy some new, unknown low-budget Glock copy? Go to a real gun shop and buy a Glock - you will find them in shops, usually used. Bud's shops, for example, have plenty right now, but you can't buy them online.

Eero, jr24, OdinIII and 3 others like this.
  6. vitalibertas

vitalibertas

Why would you comment about a gun you have no experience with? The Gen 3 patent expired and there are companies that are making copies. $300 isn’t low budget for an internal parts compatible Glock copy. It is a well known not-secret that Glock uses civilian sales to subsidize LEO pricing.

PSA donated tens of thousands of dollars to the VCDL during the legislative blow up here in Virginia at the beginning of the year.

They make good guns, have a lifetime warranty, and they’re a decent company supporting the Second Amendment.

Time will tell, but I’ll wager these will be solid guns.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  7. CAcop

CAcop

Never buy a first year gun. I remember the Gen4 Glocks in 9mm we had cause some problems and had to be sent back. It was kind of funny too because the woman pushing for them had a problem gun.

Road Dog, NewWaveGuy, Longbow and 3 others like this.
  8. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

Yes, I expect Glocks strategy of minimal innovation while dumping pistols virtually for free on Government contracts as a marketing move..... is rapidly approaching the end of its useful life.

If we ever get back to a “normal” Firearms market, Glock might find people becoming less and less willing to cough up a premium for the Glock brand, once the market starts getting flooded with lower cost, yet quality alternatives.

That was just starting to become a thing prior to this year. It’s going to be a very different marketplace when this is all over.

9. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

“Never buy a first year Glock.“

Their strategy is to use early buyers as beta testers, then make incremental changes to their product to fix the problems over time. They are not alone in this approach, unfortunately.

Contrast that with the Beretta approach to developing the APX. They expended more than a million rounds in the testing process.

The result is a pistol that works just fine on the day it was released, and has required no fixes or recalls since.

“Glock Perfection” is anything but.

Which is not to say Glock is a bad pistol, obviously. It’s just that the hype is real. They charge a premium for what is rapidly becoming an unexceptional design.

CAcop and R_P_K_ like this.
  10. wyntrout

wyntrout

Klunky protruding magazine!

Rocks likes this.
  11. Schrag4

Schrag4

I’ll let others test it, but if they work and they stay priced the same, I’ll be tempted to get one next year.

12. Bow Commander

Bow Commander

Looks like a decent gun for the money. Time will tell about reliability. PSA is good about fixing any issues, though. I really dislike hinged triggers so for that reason, I'm out.

vitalibertas likes this.
  13. vitalibertas

vitalibertas

PSA stopped releasing gun designs that weren’t completely vetted after the AK-V first release. They listened to their customers. Plus, all upgrades to the gun were covered under warranty.

However, they have a lifetime warranty should you need to use it.

This is a Gen 3 internal parts gun. It’s not a “new” design in that respect.

pgg00 and CAcop like this.
  14. Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Using the S&W style hinge trigger safety was really bone-headed. Why would they think that was a good idea?

jr24, 45caldan and cbetts1 like this.
  15. Crane1

Crane1

It looks like a convoluted Glock with an S&W Trigger and Magpul Mag to me. I'll pass.

jr24 and CAcop like this.
  16. checkyoursix

checkyoursix

My experience with PSA is limited to one rifle, but I had the opportunity to test their customer service and the experience has been excellent.

As a left handed I am not particularly interested in reverting to a non ambi gun but otherwise I would try it just for fun.

17. J_Rico

J_Rico

Sold out in 15min. Somebody thought it was a good idea.

18. wickedbeernut

wickedbeernut

And ironically, Smith & Wesson holds a trademark on the name "Dagger". Doh!

19. vitalibertas

vitalibertas

Dagger is a common English word. That’s not going to work out well for S&W unless it’s real easy to think you’re buying a S&W product because PSA copied the logo and made the gun look the same.

20. cbetts1

cbetts1

Sigma trigger

Bradley T likes this.