Glock Talk banner
1221 - 1240 of 1244 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,222 ·
Wow! Yikes. Where did you get it from? And I sure hope you can return it...
Not mine. There was a question as to whether a Vortex Viper would fit the Compact Dagger™ Vortex Venom footprint (Doctor cut). This particular Vortex Viper didn't fit. As it turns out, it was a knock-off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have read at least one report that the Crimson Trace CT RAD Pro fit the Compact Dagger™ "Doctor Cut".
I personally own a PSA Dagger slide with the docter cut and will attest that the CT RAD Pro does fit. It might be my favorite pistol red dot because the front-facing photosensor means that the LED brightness adjusts much more accurately to lighting conditions; you can use a weaponlight in a dark room and the LED will adjust so that you can see it, unlike a holosun.

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,224 ·
I personally own a PSA Dagger slide with the docter cut and will attest that the CT RAD Pro does fit. It might be my favorite pistol red dot because the front-facing photosensor means that the LED brightness adjusts much more accurately to lighting conditions; you can use a weaponlight in a dark room and the LED will adjust so that you can see it, unlike a holosun.
I appreciate you sharing!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks. I had noticed that feature, but I'm glad to hear that it actually works. I understand what you mean about the light sensor, my Holosun 503CU on my rifle has the solar panel/light sensor on the top. If I stand under the shelter at the range and the target is in full sunlight, the dot is way too dim. Same thing if i Stand in a dark room and look into a well lit room or vice versa.

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,226 · (Edited)
(top of "Palmetto State Armory Dagger™" thread)

Compact Dagger™
and
ADE Advanced Optics RD3-012 Delta
Product Automotive design Automotive lighting Font Rim

Updated: September 21, 2022

Note: All of the ADE Advanced Optics RD3 MRDS's may have a fitment issue.

On September 17, 2022, PSA Dagger forum member erik_vainu (and PSA Dagger Facebook group member Eric Vainu) reported that his ADE Advanced Optics RD3-012 Delta,

would not fit his Compact Dagger™ Doctor Cut slide without modification,
Font Rectangle Circle Writing Number

🔨 ADE Advanced Optics RD3-012 Delta Hack 🔨

Erik has confirmed that the modification to the Compact Dagger™ Doctor Cut slide needed to accept the ADE Advanced Optics RD3-012 Delta is almost identical to the modification needed with a Primary Arms SLx RS-10 and Hex Dragonfly. Here is GlockTalk member @Cuttininidaho’s modification to his Compact Dagger™ Doctor Cut slide needed to accept a Hex Dragonfly,
Sky Cloud Composite material Metal Engineering

Compact Dagger™ Doctor Cut Slide Modification for Hex Dragonfly

Refer to,

and,

for more details.

Here’s a picture of Erik’s modified Compact Dagger™ Doctor Cut slide with the ADE Advanced Optics RD3-012 Delta,
Automotive lighting Material property Gadget Electric blue Fashion accessory

(photo with permission from and courtesy of Erik Vainu)

Background

From the Optics Info Footprints/Mounting Standards on Red Dot Sights article,

we can see that the ADE Advanced Optics RD3-012 Delta adheres to the Docter/Noblex mounting standard (defined only in terms of mounting screw holes and index/recoil sockets),
Rectangle Font Parallel Map Pattern

Docter/Noblex Mounting Standard

From the Optics Info article, here is the ADE Advanced Optics RD3-012 Delta footprint specification,
Rectangle Font Parallel Diagram Drawing

ADE Advanced Optics RD3-012 Delta Footprint

The Compact Dagger™ Doctor Cut is very similar to the Vortex Venom footprint which is also compatible with the Docter/Noblex mounting standard,
Rectangle Font Parallel Diagram Drawing

Vortex Venom Footprint

The are several other ADE Advanced Optics RD3 MRDS’s compatible with the Docter/Noblex mounting standard. The Optics Info article defines footprint specifications corresponding to three RD3 MRDS’s in addition to the RD3-012 Delta,
Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Drawing

ADE Advanced Optics RD3-002 Footprint
Font Rectangle Parallel Diagram Drawing

ADE Advanced Optics RD3-006A Huracan Footprint
Rectangle Font Parallel Diagram Plan

ADE Advanced Optics RD3-013 Bertrillium Footprint
The RD3-002 and RD3-006A Huracan footprints are very similar. However, the RD3-002 and RD3-006A Huracan footprints are very different than the RD3-012 Delta and RD3-013 Bertrillium footprints.

At this time, we can’t say for certain whether other RD3 MRDS’s will be compatible with or require modification to the Compact Dagger™ Doctor Cut slide. Community members should proceed with caution in purchasing any ADE Advanced Optics RD3 MRDS for use with the Compact Dagger™ Doctor Cut slide.

ETA
: September 21, 2022

On August 2, 2022, PSA Dagger forum member fields.todd posted,

Just tried the RD3-06a, and it is about a mm too long, additionally, the power button is on the front of the sight making it less than ideal. Back it goes, and on the hunt again for a decent budget reflex!

On September 17, 2022, PSA Dagger forum member fields.todd posted,

Ended up very happy with the RD03-13 Beryllium. Did have to file down the back of the doctor cutto square. All in all fits well, stays accurate, would recommend!

Note: The PSA Dagger forum is a public forum. Direct links to the posts are included above.

Other Documentation

PSA maintains a list of MRDS's that are compatible with the Compact Dagger™ Doctor Cut slide,

PSA states,

… a list of all the optics that we know work with these particular slides.

The ADE Advanced Optics RD3-012 Delta is on the list despite the fact a Compact Dagger™ Doctor Cut slide must be modified in order for the RD3-012 Delta to fit.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Any word on the polymer mags that were supposed to come out months ago? I’m getting anxious to try a few in my 48
I was waiting and waiting too. I may still have my 43X if the polymer mags were available. Now with Magguts +2 making two of my P365s 14+1, the 43X ship has sailed. .

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,230 ·
Any word on the polymer mags that were supposed to come out months ago? I’m getting anxious to try a few in my 48
Josiah McCallum (@PalmettoSA) had said he'd provide us with an update on the Micro Dagger™ (G43X "clone") pistol and 15-round polymer G43X/G48 magazine the week of September 4. Nada. Crickets.

According to the rumor mill, a Dagger™ product is going to drop this week. The leading candidates are the Micro Dagger™ magazine and the Short Full-Size Dagger™ (G19X/G45 gen3 "clone") frame.

But then again, who knows.

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,232 ·

Redesign
Compact Dagger™
Doctor Cut?

We've now identified three MRDS's that are compatible with the Docter/Noblex mounting standard (defined only in terms of mounting screw holes and index/recoil sockets) that are not compatible (in seemingly the exact same way) with the Compact Dagger™ Doctor Cut slide,

I can only imagine there are other MRDS's with the same fitment issue.

I wonder if PSA shouldn't consider modifying the Compact Dagger™ Doctor Cut slightly in order to accept these MRDS's? It's a rather simple modification. Here's @Cuttininidaho's modification to his Compact Dagger™ Doctor Cut slide in order to accommodate his Hex Dragonfly,
Sky Composite material Tints and shades Metal Rectangle

With the modification, the rear of the Doctor Cut wouldn't "cup" MRDS's having the more rounded Vortex Venom footprint as well. However, I'm wondering if this minor modification wouldn't make sense in order for the Compact Dagger™ Doctor Cut to accept a broader range of MRDS's compatible with the Docter/Noblex mounting standard. :unsure:

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,233 ·
Thank you for reaching out to me for the article. Glad I was able to help, and hope it helps others in the future!
If nothing else, hopefully we can convince PSA to update their How to Add an Optic to Your PSA Dagger blog which many community members rely on to determine which MRDS to purchase for their RMR Cut or Doctor Cut Compact Dagger™ slide.

We're also starting to understand that this particular fitment issue isn't a one-off. It's affecting at least three MRDS's and likely others.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Redesign
Compact Dagger™
Doctor Cut?

We've now identified three MRDS's that are compatible with the Docter/Noblex mounting standard (defined only in terms of mounting screw holes and index/recoil sockets) that are not compatible (in seemingly the exact same way) with the Compact Dagger™ Doctor Cut slide,

I can only imagine there are other MRDS's with the same fitment issue.

I wonder if PSA shouldn't consider modifying the Compact Dagger™ Doctor Cut slightly in order to accept these MRDS's? It's a rather simple modification. Here's @Cuttininidaho's modification to his Compact Dagger™ Doctor Cut slide in order to accommodate his Hex Dragonfly,

With the modification, the rear of the Doctor Cut wouldn't "cup" MRDS's having the more rounded Vortex Venom footprint as well. However, I'm wondering if this minor modification wouldn't make sense in order for the Compact Dagger™ Doctor Cut to accept a broader range of MRDS's compatible with the Docter/Noblex mounting standard. :unsure:

Thoughts?

If nothing else, hopefully we can convince PSA to update their How to Add an Optic to Your PSA Dagger blog which many community members rely on to determine which MRDS to purchase for their RMR Cut or Doctor Cut Compact Dagger™ slide.

We're also starting to understand that this particular fitment issue isn't a one-off. It's affecting at least three MRDS's and likely others.
Yes and Yes to both these above. PSA, please modifiy the doctor cut on your slides to allow more MRDSs, and please, PLEASE! update the article. Its understandable for the customer to need to look up if their MRDS uses the correct footprint (this info is at least published on the MRDS manufacturer's website) but it is something else entirely to expect your customers to guess whether their red dot is compatible with your slide or not, even though they both use the same "Mounting Standard" (but maybe not the same "footprint").

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,236 ·
Yes and Yes to both these above. PSA, please modifiy the doctor cut on your slides to allow more MRDSs, and please, PLEASE! update the article. Its understandable for the customer to need to look up if their MRDS uses the correct footprint (this info is at least published on the MRDS manufacturer's website) but it is something else entirely to expect your customers to guess whether their red dot is compatible with your slide or not, even though they both use the same "Mounting Standard" (but maybe not the same "footprint").
Unfortunately, the MRDS manufacturer's product description is often of little help. The Primary Arms SLx RS-10 product description states that it fits the "Docter/Noblex footprint". Kind of sounds like "Doctor"? Of course, there's no such thing as a Docter/Noblex footprint. The Hex Dragonfly product description states that it's compatible with the Vortex Venom footprint,
Sky Font Darkness Art Brand

Obviously, it's not. A Vortex Venom fits the Compact Dagger™ Doctor Cut slide.

Buying the wrong MRDS for their MRDS-cut slide (or vice versa) is by far the #1 mistake first-time Compact Dagger™ customers make. It happens over and over, again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Alright, I can finally confirm that the cts-1250 DOES fit the doctor cut dagger slide with room to spare. Absolutely no need to modify the slide to fit. Very pleased with it. I’m hoping to take it to the range tomorrow and try it out.

My dagger slide came with an older barrel, marked “9x19” with a “W” on the bottom. The rifling looks pretty clean. I will be using a dagger frame with the newest locking block. Is there anything inherently wrong with the barrel marked “9x19” with a “W” on the bottom?

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,239 ·
Alright, I can finally confirm that the cts-1250 DOES fit the doctor cut dagger slide with room to spare. Absolutely no need to modify the slide to fit. Very pleased with it. I’m hoping to take it to the range tomorrow and try it out.
If we can get PSA to remove the ADE Advanced Optics RD3 MRDS's from their "Doctor Cut" list, maybe we can also get PSA to add the Crimson Trace CTS-1250 to their list,

My dagger slide came with an older barrel, marked “9x19” with a “W” on the bottom. The rifling looks pretty clean. I will be using a dagger frame with the newest locking block. Is there anything inherently wrong with the barrel marked “9x19” with a “W” on the bottom?
As long as the rifling is clean (no uneven rifling, chatter marks, pitting, ...), I'm not aware of any other issues with the Compact Dagger™ barrels.

It was recently pointed out that Compact Dagger™ threaded barrels differ in terms of length,
Office supplies Cylinder Writing implement Magenta Pen
However, this would only be a concern if you're having trouble attaching a compensator or suppressor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks @wickedbeernut.

I just posted on the official PSA Dagger forum and apparently they are putting together a list of what fits based on users posts. Not sure if it is worth looking into or not.

Also, I wanted to add that the cts-1250 does NOT co-witness with the ameriglo tritium front lower 1/3 sights that came on my dagger slide. The optic is just barely too tall.

1221 - 1240 of 1244 Posts