Glock Talk banner
1201 - 1220 of 1244 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was planning on doing some rough measurements and posting them here, but crimson trace has already posted those specs in their owner’s manual. It’s located here.

I am uploading screenshots of the cts-1250 and vortex venom footprints. It looks like it might fit after all. I guess I just need to buy a dagger slide and try it out.
Line Font Parallel Auto part Diagram
Rectangle Schematic Font Parallel Engineering

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,202 ·
I have read at least one report that the Crimson Trace CT RAD Pro fit the Compact Dagger™ "Doctor Cut". It definitely appears both the Crimson Trace CTS-1250 and CT RAD Pro adhere to the Docter/Noblex mounting standard (mounting screw holes and recoil/index posts). Unfortunately, the CT RAD "Product Installation and Mounting" doesn't have as much detail as the CTS-1250 manual. The CT RAD footprint appears to be a little more square on at least one end.

I'm asking around regarding the Crimson Trace CTS-1250 and the Compact Dagger™ "Doctor Cut". If I find out anything, I'll post it here. Otherwise, we'll await your report.

Assuming the CTS-1250 and/or CT RAD Pro fit the Compact Dagger™ "Doctor Cut", we need to get PSA to update the blog post.
Rectangle Line Motor vehicle Font Parallel

·
Registered
975 Posts
Possibly picking up an older Dagger soon. What identifiers do I need to look for in terms of barrel markings, trigger pin, etc. that may need to be replaced with updated parts.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,204 ·
Possibly picking up an older Dagger soon. What identifiers do I need to look for in terms of barrel markings, trigger pin, etc. that may need to be replaced with updated parts.

Thanks
Barrel markings are a little tougher. We thought we understood the barrel markings in the mid-January timeframe, but they continue to evolve. If your Compact Dagger™ shipped prior to January 19, 2022, I would inspect the barrel for the manufacturing defect,

I had three defective Compact Dagger™ barrels. PSA mailed me free replacement barrels (I didn't have to return my defective barrels).
Light Automotive lighting Font Medical imaging Metal

First, I'd shoot it. If the trigger pin doesn't walk, I'd leave it alone. If the trigger pin walks, you can confirm that you have the older OEM PSA trigger pin. You can ask PSA customer service to mail you a replacement trigger pin or you can return your Compact Dagger™ for a free warranty repair (free shipping in both directions).

Lipstick Cosmetics Writing implement Material property Tints and shades

(Left: Older OEM PSA; Center: Lone Wolf; Right: Redesigned OEM PSA)
You may want to investigate whether you have the redesigned Compact Dagger™ locking block (Locking Block #3 depicted below),

Fixture Rectangle Gas Cylinder Machine

From Left to Right: Compact Dagger™ Locking Block #1; Compact Dagger™ Locking Block #2; Compact Dagger™ Locking Block #3; OEM Glock G19 gen3 Locking Block
This should get you started. If you encounter specific issues, we can address them on a case-by-case basis. It may make sense to identify all of the potential issues, then return your complete Compact Dagger™ pistol for a free warranty repair in order to perform all of the needed upgrades.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Barrel markings are a little tougher. We thought we understood the barrel markings in the mid-January timeframe, but they continue to evolve. If your Compact Dagger™ shipped prior to January 19, 2022, I would inspect the barrel for the manufacturing defect,

I had three defective Compact Dagger™ barrels. PSA mailed me free replacement barrels (I didn't have to return my defective barrels).

First, I'd shoot it. If the trigger pin doesn't walk, I'd leave it alone. If the trigger pin walks, you can confirm that you have the older OEM PSA trigger pin. You can ask PSA customer service to mail you a replacement trigger pin or you can return your Compact Dagger™ for a free warranty repair (free shipping in both directions).

View attachment 1112093
(Left: Older OEM PSA; Center: Lone Wolf; Right: Redesigned OEM PSA)
You may want to investigate whether you have the redesigned Compact Dagger™ locking block (Locking Block #3 depicted below),

View attachment 1112098
From Left to Right: Compact Dagger™ Locking Block #1; Compact Dagger™ Locking Block #2; Compact Dagger™ Locking Block #3; OEM Glock G19 gen3 Locking Block
This should get you started. If you encounter specific issues, we can address them on a case-by-case basis. It may make sense to identify all of the potential issues, then return your complete Compact Dagger™ pistol for a free warranty repair in order to perform all of the needed upgrades.
My barrel looks good but it appears I have locking block #1 from your pic.

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,206 ·
My barrel looks good but it appears I have locking block #1 from your pic.
PSA redesigned the Compact Dagger™ locking block in an attempt to fix the issue of magazines falling out with certain OEM PSA Compact Dagger™ barrels and with aftermarket barrels from Swenson, CMC Triggers, Grey Ghost Precision, Rival Arms, Zaffari Precision, ...

The question becomes, if you're not currently experiencing magazines falling out, should you worry about the fact you don't have the redesigned Compact Dagger™ locking block? It's crucial that you examine the front lip of your magazines for wear,
Wood Gas Font Personal protective equipment Auto part

If you observe wear to the front lip of your magazines, I'd definitely pursue the redesigned Compact Dagger™ locking block. PSA will mail you a redesigned Compact Dagger™ locking block or you can return your Compact Dagger™ for a free warranty repair.

It's important to note that several community members have reported magazines starting to fall out after as many as 500 rounds. This is why it's crucial to inspect the front lip of your magazines for wear. If you don't observe wear, maybe it's safe to assume your particular barrel is compatible with the older Compact Dagger™ locking block designs. :unsure:

Unfortunately, the hybrid front rail / locking block is one of the few (if not the only) Compact Dagger™ part not offered à la carte on the PSA web site, otherwise, we could proactively upgrade the locking block for $10 - $15. If you want a replacement locking block, your only option is to contact PSA Customer Service.

·
Registered
159 Posts
got my two frames and my two slides in. the FDE frame was perfect when dropping a full pmag. both identical. I don't know if PSA "fixed" them or not, I just know I didn't get a janky one

slide to frame fitment has some gaps... and the slide is a bit rought racking it manually, but feels like it's getting better the more I finger bang it. The trigger is not nearly as bad as people made it out to be. a generic glock trigger feel with that hinge. this isn't M&P 1.0 bad lol.

overall they look good. I just have to test them out at the range to make sure everything works and then check out on getting some Holosun 407c/507c's to play with

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Wood stain

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,209 ·
got my two frames and my two slides in. the FDE frame was perfect when dropping a full pmag. both identical. I don't know if PSA "fixed" them or not, I just know I didn't get a janky one
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing.

PSA doesn't acknowledge issues such as fully-loaded Magpul PMAG magazines failing to fall free from flat dark earth and sniper green frames anymore. Let's hope PSA has fixed this issue. You should be GTG. (y)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing.

PSA doesn't acknowledge issues such as fully-loaded Magpul PMAG magazines failing to fall free from flat dark earth and sniper green frames anymore. Let's hope PSA has fixed this issue. You should be GTG. (y)
yeah, I figured. but I'm just glad it drops free perfectly on both black and FDE.

like I said, the only "complaint" I have is that the slide doesn't sit as snut to the frame as my glocks (you can see that gap near the nose of the FDE especially)...but that's just an OCD thing that bugs my aesthetics, that's all lol

now all I gotta do besides test em out is get some FDE g19 OEM mags just to complelte the look for that FDE one lol

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,211 ·
like I said, the only "complaint" I have is that the slide doesn't sit as snut to the frame as my glocks (you can see that gap near the nose of the FDE especially)...but that's just an OCD thing that bugs my aesthetics, that's all lol
In theory, the same issue that is (or was) preventing fully-loaded Magpul PMAG magazines from falling free from flat dark earth and sniper green frames, could be impacting the size of the gap between the slide and your flat dark earth frame. I'm assuming the colorant (dye) added to the polymer is resulting in warping and possibly shrinkage in the mold.

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,212 ·
Wow! Was your post just approved on the PSA Dagger forum? It took three days? WTF?

I'll keep in eye out for meaningful replies on the PSA Dagger forum. I posted your question to the PSA Dagger Facebook group and didn't receive a single reply. It would seem there aren't too many community members running the Crimson Trace CTS-1250.

I posted this on the Dagger forum but wanted to post it here as well, thought I might get a better response here.

Does anyone know if the Crimson Trace cts-1250 will fit on a Docter cut Dagger slide? I found a cts-1250 for cheap and will pick up a Docter cut Dagger slide if it will fit. After I posted this on the PSA forum (but while my post is still stuck in "First Thread Limbo") I found PSA's blog post with the "approved list" that was linked in post #1168 of this thread and see that the cts-1250 is not on the list, so it probably won't fit without modification. By the way, I probably just overlooked that "approved list" when I was searching before, but if that blog post is NOT on the first page of this thread, it probably should be. I searched around for quite a while looking for that information.

Thanks for this thread! Its been a big help for me to consolidate all the info (both good and bad) about the dagger in one location.

·
Registered
159 Posts
In theory, the same issue that is (or was) preventing fully-loaded Magpul PMAG magazines from falling free from flat dark earth and sniper green frames, could be impacting the size of the gap between the slide and your flat dark earth frame. I'm assuming the colorant (dye) added to the polymer is resulting in warping and possibly shrinkage in the mold.
doesn't shock me at all. judging by the fact that I pulled the frame off and ran it over with a level and the front of the dust cover "droops" (the gap is widest out by the muzzle) I'm going to guess you're correct. Sounds like the old "frame droop" of the Polymer 80 world. It's not horrible and I'm not going to throw a fit over it... just one of those "huh, I guess that happened" things.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow! Was your post just approved on the PSA Dagger forum? It took three days? WTF?

I'll keep in eye out for meaningful replies on the PSA Dagger forum. I posted your question to the PSA Dagger Facebook group and didn't receive a single reply. It would seem there aren't too many community members running the Crimson Trace CTS-1250.
Today I took the private message from their automated account saying my post was “hidden” (that I received 3 days ago) and forwarded it to all the mods. Someone replied within a few minutes apologizing, informing me that they never received a notification that it needed to be approved. They promptly released my thread so others could see and reply to it. I was kinda upset that it took so long, but now it seems like an honest mistake. I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt.Thank you @wickedbeernut for helping me with the cts-1250. I feel confident enough about it working to buy a docter cut slide and try it out. I’ll let you know either way when I try it out.

I’ve run into some other issues with my dagger this week, though I’m pretty sure they are self inflicted. My dagger finally finished my “break in” procedure of firing 200 rounds of fmj with no issues. I was ready to try 50 rounds of my self defense ammo (147gr hst) and finally declare it “fit to carry.” At the same time I decided to do the JB Weld + Dremel mag release mod. Took it to the range, loaded it up to 15+1, and on my first shot the mag fell out. I tried it again loaded to 15+1 with self defense ammo, and sure enough it did it a second time. I then tried the only other type of fmj I had on hand, blazer brass 115gr. With the blazer brass, it did it 1 out of 3 times, while the hst’s did it 3 out of 3 times. It did this with at least 2 different ETS mags, both of which had been flawless before with fmj. I took it home and checked it expecting to find the locking block/barrel issue.

1. None of the mags show any sign of impact damage from the barrel.
2. Locking the slide back the barrel is nowhere near touching the mag.
3. I tried measuring per this thread and as far as I can tell it looks like I have the NEW locking block.

I believe the issue is I took too much material out of the mag release. I have since added some more JB Weld and will try it again next week to see if this has fixed the issue. I will be sure to pick up a spare mag release when I order the new dagger slide. I just wanted to post this to share with others, that it is possible to over do it, and that modding the mag release can possibly cause the mag to fall out when firing. Maybe this is why psa is sticking with the overly stiff mag release.

·
Registered
159 Posts
hey wicked... quick question. that same FDE one that had the droop, I ran into something weird when function testing it.

I did the old recoil spring strength test where you point the gun up to the sky, pull the trigger, and then rack the slide and baby it into near closure and then release it near the end of it's travel to see if it springs back completely without sticking.

well, the Green/black one does it perfectly, this one sticks just before closing and won't close unless you tap it or point it muzzle down (unless of course you release the trigger). I checked the recoil springs and it still continues, I also swapped slides and the same slide does it on both frames.

anything in particular I should check on before I live fire it this weekend? or anything I should expect WHEN live firing if it IS a problem? I had a G26 fail this check once before and all it was was a worn out recoil assembly..but since I've taken that out of the equation...............

It's been a while since Ive bought a Glock style firearm so I can't remember how important that test was

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey worm, I doubt that is super important. I bet that within a box or two of ammo everything will break in and it won’t do it any more. Probably just a build up of ceracoating on the slide catching against the barrel that will wear off after a few mags. Now if it does not go into battery when releasing the slide lock or when firing, that’s a different story.

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,217 ·
Today I took the private message from their automated account saying my post was “hidden” (that I received 3 days ago) and forwarded it to all the mods. Someone replied within a few minutes apologizing, informing me that they never received a notification that it needed to be approved. They promptly released my thread so others could see and reply to it. I was kinda upset that it took so long, but now it seems like an honest mistake. I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt.Thank you @wickedbeernut for helping me with the cts-1250. I feel confident enough about it working to buy a docter cut slide and try it out. I’ll let you know either way when I try it out.

I’ve run into some other issues with my dagger this week, though I’m pretty sure they are self inflicted. My dagger finally finished my “break in” procedure of firing 200 rounds of fmj with no issues. I was ready to try 50 rounds of my self defense ammo (147gr hst) and finally declare it “fit to carry.” At the same time I decided to do the JB Weld + Dremel mag release mod. Took it to the range, loaded it up to 15+1, and on my first shot the mag fell out. I tried it again loaded to 15+1 with self defense ammo, and sure enough it did it a second time. I then tried the only other type of fmj I had on hand, blazer brass 115gr. With the blazer brass, it did it 1 out of 3 times, while the hst’s did it 3 out of 3 times. It did this with at least 2 different ETS mags, both of which had been flawless before with fmj. I took it home and checked it expecting to find the locking block/barrel issue.

1. None of the mags show any sign of impact damage from the barrel.
2. Locking the slide back the barrel is nowhere near touching the mag.
3. I tried measuring per this thread and as far as I can tell it looks like I have the NEW locking block.

I believe the issue is I took too much material out of the mag release. I have since added some more JB Weld and will try it again next week to see if this has fixed the issue. I will be sure to pick up a spare mag release when I order the new dagger slide. I just wanted to post this to share with others, that it is possible to over do it, and that modding the mag release can possibly cause the mag to fall out when firing. Maybe this is why psa is sticking with the overly stiff mag release.
The magazine release is an extremely sensitive and temperamental area of the Compact Dagger™ design. Compact Dagger™ issues such as magazines falling out and magazines failing to fall free have always been more likely to occur with Magpul PMAG magazines than OEM Glock magazines. Even in the cases in which the barrel feed ramp was making contact with the front lip of the magazine, a Magpul PMAG magazine was more apt to fall out than an OEM Glock magazine. The Compact Dagger™ magazine release seems to engage an OEM Glock magazine better than a Magpul PMAG magazine. With fully-loaded Magpul PMAG magazines failing to fall free from flat dark earth and sniper green frames, OEM Glock magazines may fall free. However, OEM Glock magazines are a tighter fit than with a black Compact Dagger™ frame. In summary, there are a lot of variables. Easing the tension on the magazine release spring could certainly exacerbate magazines falling out. Others have replaced the OEM PSA magazine release spring with a weaker aftermarket magazine release spring. Again, this could potentially cause problems in the area of magazines falling out.

If community members want to experiment with the magazine release spring hack, I'd definitely encourage them to experiment with a spare $1.99 OEM PSA magazine release. I think it's best to experiment with OEM Glock magazines. I'm sorry the hack is causing problems. I will add a cautionary note to the write-up.

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,218 ·
I posted this on the Dagger forum but wanted to post it here as well, thought I might get a better response here.

Does anyone know if the Crimson Trace cts-1250 will fit on a Docter cut Dagger slide? I found a cts-1250 for cheap and will pick up a Docter cut Dagger slide if it will fit. After I posted this on the PSA forum (but while my post is still stuck in "First Thread Limbo") I found PSA's blog post with the "approved list" that was linked in post #1168 of this thread and see that the cts-1250 is not on the list, so it probably won't fit without modification. By the way, I probably just overlooked that "approved list" when I was searching before, but if that blog post is NOT on the first page of this thread, it probably should be. I searched around for quite a while looking for that information.

Thanks for this thread! Its been a big help for me to consolidate all the info (both good and bad) about the dagger in one location.
The consensus seems to be that the PSA blog post,

is correct. The Vortex Viper is in fact compatible with the Compact Dagger™ Doctor cut.

@Sharpshooter109, Agreed?

·
Registered
12 Posts
The magazine release is an extremely sensitive and temperamental area of the Compact Dagger™ design. Compact Dagger™ issues such as magazines falling out and magazines failing to fall free have always been more likely to occur with Magpul PMAG magazines than OEM Glock magazines. Even in the cases in which the barrel feed ramp was making contact with the front lip of the magazine, a Magpul PMAG magazine was more apt to fall out than an OEM Glock magazine. The Compact Dagger™ magazine release seems to engage an OEM Glock magazine better than a Magpul PMAG magazine. With fully-loaded Magpul PMAG magazines failing to fall free from flat dark earth and sniper green frames, OEM Glock magazines may fall free. However, OEM Glock magazines are a tighter fit than with a black Compact Dagger™ frame. In summary, there are a lot of variables. Easing the tension on the magazine release spring could certainly exacerbate magazines falling out. Others have replaced the OEM PSA magazine release spring with a weaker aftermarket magazine release spring. Again, this could potentially cause problems in the area of magazines falling out.

If community members want to experiment with the magazine release spring hack, I'd definitely encourage them to experiment with a spare $1.99 OEM PSA magazine release. I think it's best to experiment with OEM Glock magazines. I'm sorry the hack is causing problems. I will add a cautionary note to the write-up.
Thanks for being kind to me. The truth is I was aware of what I was doing and accept full responsibility. I just wanted to share my experience with the group

The consensus seems to be that the PSA blog post,

is correct. The Vortex Viper is in fact compatible with the Compact Dagger™ Doctor cut.

@Sharpshooter109, Agreed?
I can’t post a screenshot of the footprint right now, but it DOES look like it will fit. Also, there is one review on psa’s page for the viper where the reviewer claims it is on their dagger. Looks like a fit to me.

1201 - 1220 of 1244 Posts