·
Registered
36,302 Posts
Reactions: Redeemed and pag23

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Sounds like they need to have some sort of groove with a metal piece in there holding it in place.

Basically anyone with this is a beta tester.
I'm not convinced the problem is the pin. I haven't heard any other reports of pins walking. I seem to recall PSA did have some challenges with the polymer frame and pins (very) early on. We should have an answer shortly.

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Did PSA ever say what the mystery problem was the caused them to pull the guns before shipment last September. Whatever it was it took 8 months for them to fix.
Last I heard it was the barrel, but there's absolutely no way it takes eight months to correct a G19.3 knock-off barrel. It must have been something else or a combination of things.

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
(top of "Palmetto State Armory Dagger" thread)

Compact Dagger-specific Holsters
Automotive exterior Auto part Personal protective equipment Font Bumper

This is a list of holsters specifically designed for the Compact Dagger™. In order for a holster to be considered "Dagger-specific", the manufacturer's product description must explicitly state that it's compatible with the Compact Dagger™.
NERD IWB PALMETTO STATE ARMORY DAGR HOLSTER - RIGHT HAND, BLACK
Model Number: NRD-PSADAGR
"currently the ONLY holster designed specifically for the PSA Dagger!"

Note: The [NERD] holster uses the originally trademarked names / acronyms (Palmetto DAGR™ and PS9 DAGR™) in the title and model number.

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Dagger, DAGR, or PS9. While PSA hasn't figured out what to call it, DAGR clearly implies it is an acronym so what does it stand for?
I'm guessing whatever the acronym stood for they didn't feel they could share it with the public. I'll bet you the 'G' stood for "Glock". As you can imagine, that wouldn't have gone over well. And likely why "DAGR" (despite being trademarked by PSA twice) morphed into "Dagger" three days into SHOT Show 2020.

I'd love to hear everyone else's guesses!

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)

A conversation between Dusty Sroufe, PSA PS9 DAGR Product Development Lead, and Chad Wylie, PSA CEO captured on hidden camera ...
PSA just filed to trademark the name "Swagger Dagger" along with other Dagger-related word marks,
  • Carry Optimized Pistol
  • Carry Cut
  • Concealed Cut
  • Concealed Carry Cut
Swagger Dagger! I like it!

Here's how to search the complete list of Palmetto State Armory trademarks ...

Go to,

Click on,
Click on "Basic Word Mark Search (New User"),
Enter "palmetto state armory" in the "Search Term" field and "Owner Name and Address" in the "Field" field,

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Sounds like they need to have some sort of groove with a metal piece in there holding it in place.

Basically anyone with this is a beta tester.
Every gun especially polymer should have anti walk pins, I don't understand why they just don't design it that way to begin with maybe the cost idk.

I like Strike Industries anti walk pins especially their locking block pin it will not walk out no matter how loose your pin hole is. I would use those pins if I was going to manufacture my own gun or I would create something very similar.

·
NRA Life Member
72,229 Posts
  • Leopold filed to trademark the acronym "DAGR" on October 1, 2012.
  • PSA filed to trademark the name "Palmetto DAGR" on January 8, 2020.
Rockwell Collins has been using DAGR for their military GPS system since 2004, so tough luck for both of them.

As for the gun, it appears to be an upgrade from the Hi POint, so that's going to be popular in the 'hood. I don't see a purpose for it among shooters who own other brands.

·
NRA Life Member
72,229 Posts
Every gun especially polymer should have anti walk pins, I don't understand why they just don't design it that way to begin with maybe the cost idk.

I like Strike Industries anti walk pins especially their locking block pin it will not walk out no matter how loose your pin hole is. I would use those pins if I was going to manufacture my own gun or I would create something very similar.
Been shooting Glocks for 30 years and never had a pin walk out. I don't see the need to change anything

21 - 40 of 1015 Posts