1 - 20 of 1244 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Font Logo Graphics Brand Electric blue

Material property Font Art Symbol Hand tool

Over 196K Views

(share this thread using the URL WickedStone.com/Dagger)

The author of this thread is not affiliated with Palmetto State Armory or any other company under the JJE Capital Holdings, LLC umbrella. The opinions expressed within the content are solely the author's and do not reflect the opinions and beliefs of Palmetto State Armory.

Unless otherwise noted, the use of the unqualified term "Dagger™" is intended to refer to the 9x19 mm Compact Dagger™,

Dagger™ = Compact Dagger™ = P19 ≈ OEM Glock G19 gen3
Short Full-Size Dagger™ = P45 ≈ gen3-based OEM Glock G45 (or G19X)
Long Full-Size Dagger™ = P17 ≈ OEM Glock G17 gen3
Micro Dagger™ = P43X ≈ OEM Glock G43X (gen5)

Note: P17, P19, P43X, and P45 are not official nor recognized designations of Palmetto State Armory and are simply intended to serve as a shorthand notation easily understood by Glock enthusiasts.

Other Dagger™ Resources

PSA Spies on Forum Members

Product Font Material property Electric blue Brand

9x19 mm
L(ong) Full-Size Dagger™ (P17)

Micro Dagger™ (P43X)

.22 LR
Compact Dagger™
Black Rectangle Font Line Material property

(Subject to Change)

List Format
Sources
Timeline Format (full-screen)

📡 NOTICES 📡

🔥
September 26, 2022 - S(hort) Full-Size Dagger™ Dropped 🔥

September 9, 2022 - Compact Dagger™ Fluted Barrels Dropped
September 9, 2022 - Updated List of Compact Dagger™ Holsters (TACRIG)
😮
September 5, 2022 - PSA Hints at Compact Dagger™ Compensator 😮

Zev Trigger Warning
August 13, 2022 - Compact Dagger™ Sniper Green Frame with Zev Trigger Drops
August 13, 2022 - Compact Dagger™ Gray Frame with Zev Trigger Drops
August 11, 2022 - Compact Dagger™ Flat Dark Earth Frame with Zev Trigger Drops
🔥 August 9, 2022 - Compact Dagger™ / Zaffiri Slide / Zev Trigger Bundle Listed 🔥

🔥 August 6, 2022 - Desert Multicam and Woodland Camo Compact Dagger™ Listed 🔥

Incompatible MRDS Warning
ADE Advanced Optics RD3-012 Delta
Hex Dragonfly
Primary Arms SLx RS-10

August 24, 2022 - Compact Dagger™ / Zaffiri Slide Bundle Dropped
August 24, 2022 - Black Multicam Compact Dagger™ Dropped
August 24, 2022 - Black Multicam Compact Dagger™ / RMR / Threaded Barrel Dropped
August 24, 2022 - Ten (10) Compact Dagger™ / Riton / Teflon-Coated Slides Dropped

August 24, 2022 - Compact Dagger™ / Teflon-Coated American Flag Slide Delisted
July 15, 2022 - Gray and Sniper Green Frames Dropped
June 17, 2022 - Flat Dark Earth Pistols and Frame Dropped
June 9, 2022 - Black Frame without Trigger / Fire Control Group Delisted
March 9, 2022 - New Lightening Cuts Dropped

Font Brand Pattern Graphics Electric blue

🛑 OPEN ISSUES 🛑

🔥 Slide Coating Chips / Premature Wear 🔥

🔥 Reinforced Compact Dagger™ Frame 🔥

🔥 Zev Trigger Catches on Compact Dagger™ Frame 🔥

🔥 Magazine Sticks in Colored Frame 🔥

🔥 Magazine Falls Out 🔥

and
🔥 Locking Block Defect 🔥
🔺 free warranty repair or replacement 🔺

Broken Firing Pin and
Firing Pin Interference
Stiff Magazine Release / Frame Defect

Barrel Defect
Slide RMR Cut Too Shallow

Failure to Extract with Specific Ammo
Hammer Needed to Remove Pins
Iron Sights Difficult to Remove
Big Hands and Sharp Grip Lip

Poor Holster Compatibility
Subtle LCI (Loaded Chamber Indicator)

🚧 POTENTIAL ISSUES 🚧

🔥 Parts Compatibility 🔥

Other Potential Issues

Sear Engagement (Trigger Reset) Issue after 8,500 Rounds

💡 POTENTIAL IMPROVEMENTS 💡

Magazine Release Design Improvements
Raw, Stripped Compact Dagger™ Slide

RESOLVED ISSUES

Walking Trigger Pin Issue

Sear Engagement (Trigger Reset) Issue

💽 KNOWLEDGE DATABASE 💽

🔥 PSA Blog: How to Add an Optic to Your Dagger 🔥

Accessory Rail and SureFire X300U-A
Discontinued Pistols
Extractor vs OEM Glock G19 gen3
Frame vs Polymer80
Holsters
Lower Parts
Magazine Release vs OEM Glock G19 gen3
MRDS-Cut Slides
Barrels
Polished Trigger Bar
Redesigned Beavertail
Redesigned Locking Block
Redesigned Trigger
Redesigned Trigger Pin and Slide Stop
Slide Finish
Slide on Glock gen4 and gen5 Frame
Upper Parts
V1 vs V2 vs V3 Slide

Product Font Material property Electric blue Logo

💽 KNOWLEDGE DATABASE 💽

SureFire XSC vs Streamlight TLR-7 sub
T.REX Arms Sidecar Holster
Rectangle Automotive lighting Sleeve Bumper Automotive exterior

📓 GENERAL INFORMATION 📓

+P and +P+ Ammunition
3D-Printed Dagger™ Stands

.40 S&W Dagger?
Armorer's Block
Armorer's Plate
ARPartsHub Discord Server

Extractor Depressor Plunger Installation
Fun Facts
Grip Angle
Iron Sights
Landing a Dagger™
Magazine Sleeves
Magwells
MRDS Slide Cuts
Online Configurator
Order Tracking
Other Resources
Dagger™ Customer Service
PSA Web Site Price Check
Trigger Reset Function Check
What the heck are Carry Cuts™?

📐 DESIGN ENGINEERS 📐

Dusty Sroufe (April 2019 - November 2020)
Jason Pittman (July 2019 - Present)

G19 gen3 Frame
Magwell and Grip Plug Compatibility

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never actually saw one for sale. Figured it was a victim of the virus, and would be back when PSA couldn’t sell their ARs for $700.
Yeah, I have absolutely no idea how many were sold in September (which just shipped last week) or how many were sold last week. I am impressed they're honoring the $299.99 MSRP. Personally, I'll wait for the model with the RMR cut, suppressor-height sights and threaded barrel for an extra $50.

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

At SHOT Show 2020, PSA announced their (as of yet unrealized) goal of being able to customize Dagger™ builds on the PSA website ... somewhat of an "Online Configurator".

PS9 Dagger Pistol From Palmetto State Armory SHOT Show 2020
January 24, 2020
Hank Strange with Dusty Sroufe, Product Development Lead from Palmetto State Armory

The Online Configurator might look something like this ...

Font Circle Parallel Art Diagram

This mockup includes options relating to the barrel (threaded vs non-threaded), RMR cut (relative to the rear iron sight or none), and iron sights (standard-height vs suppressor-height, tritium, ...). This could be expanded to include popular aftermarket iron sights (Trijicon, AMERIGLO, ...). "None" might be an option in which you supply your own iron sights. As we've seen, the Dagger™ already has three finishes (DLC and Sniper Green, Gray and Flat Dark Earth Cerakote). Of course, the Online Configurator could also involve selecting a trigger other than the much maligned Dagger™ Smith & Wesson style trigger. At SHOT Show 2020, PSA repeatedly teased a 4-1/2" barrel (G17-esque) with the Dagger™ compact frame. This might be an option as well.

We can only dream.

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Foxbodys4life reported his trigger pin repeatedly walked out. After a round-trip to PSA for a warranty repair, the trigger pin still walked out. Foxbodys4life's Swagger Dagger™ has been returned to PSA for a second time. For more information, refer to the Walking Trigger Pin Issue.

PSA Dagger 9 Problems Update. PSA Is On The Case, Super Fast Response.
Foxbodys4life

PSA Dagger 9 Review And Problems
Foxbodys4life

(top of "Palmetto State Armory Swagger Dagger™" thread)

·
Registered
37,422 Posts
Meh...I figured it would have teething issues..wonder if it is the Pmag or the recoil spring
I'm betting it's the Pmag being slightly different than the stock Glock mag.

This comes from a person cleaning out their locker at work upon retirement pulling 90 1911 mags out of it. That does not include the 10 rounders I sold off. Everyone has their own interpretation of a "standard" mag.

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm betting it's the Pmag being slightly different than the stock Glock mag.
I've never had a PMAG just fall out of my G19's. And the Dagger was literally designed to use a PMAG. PSA has intended to sell the Dagger with a PMAG magazine from day one (SHOT Show / January 2020). It's not like the Dagger was designed around an OEM magazine and someone just happened to stick a PMAG in it. It was sold with a PMAG.

This could be specific to Brian Blue's Dagger. This could be specific to the way in which Brian was gripping the Dagger. However, the first time the PMAG fell out, Brian acknowledged the possibility that it was his grip. He paid careful attention to his grip after reloading the PMAG and it started to fall out again.

Brian also reported the slide failed to lock back following the last round. I'm confident the two are related. If the PMAG isn't fully inserted and seated properly, the slide won't lock back. It's as if there's no magazine. I don't think the lock back issue was related to ammo, recoil springs, ... Of course, I could be wrong.

Last time I chatted with Brian, he hadn't reached out to PSA. I'd encourage PSA to reach out to Brian. Even if PSA wasn't involved in Brian having to take down his YouTube videos, he took the time to share his experience with the Dagger. I think PSA should proactively help him address his issues.

·
NRA Life Member
5,629 Posts
I've never had a PMAG just fall out of my G19's. And the Dagger was literally designed to use a PMAG. PSA has intended to sell the Dagger with a PMAG magazine from day one (SHOT Show / January 2020). It's not like the Dagger was designed around an OEM magazine and someone just happened to stick a PMAG in it. It was sold with a PMAG.

This could be specific to Brian Blue's Dagger. This could be specific to the way in which Brian was gripping the Dagger. However, the first time the PMAG fell out, Brian acknowledged the possibility that it was his grip. He paid careful attention to his grip after reloading the PMAG and it started to fall out again.

Brian also reported the slide failed to lock back following the last round. I'm confident the two are related. If the PMAG isn't fully inserted and seated properly, the slide won't lock back. It's as if there's no magazine. I don't think the lock back issue was related to ammo, recoil springs, ... Of course, I could be wrong.

Last time I chatted with Brian, he hadn't reached out to PSA. I'd encourage PSA to reach out to Brian. Even if PSA wasn't involved in Brian having to take down his YouTube videos, he took the time to share his experience with the Dagger. I think PSA should proactively help him address his issues.
That might be the issue around designing to fit the Pmag....the gun should be tested and designed with Glock mags in mind. I wonder if there is a slight tweak to the mag release geometry on the Dagger vs the Pmag. Pmags are great in my AR, but only at the range in my Glocks.

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)

In a video from "Brian Blue" (a.k.a, Sparky Napalm), the Magpul PMAG magazine kept falling out of his Dagger and the slide would fail to lock back following the last round. He expressed concern with the trigger along with other potential issues. Both of Brian's videos were deleted.

"Brian Blue" is a 22+ year veteran of law enforcement and a firearms instructor.

As you can see from the YouTube exchange above, "Brian Blue" speculated that Palmetto State Armory (or someone else) may have played a role in his YouTube videos being taken down. Obviously, this set Jamin McCallum (Jman_JJE) off. Jamin is the founder of Palmetto State Armory. I tried to encourage Jamin to reach out to Brian. Instead, he doubled down. Jamin accused me of knowing why the videos were taken down. I didn't even know Brian was a law enforcement officer at the time I watched the video.

From Jamin McCallum (Jman_JJE), the founder of Palmetto State Armory,

I will personally be filing a complaint against him (Brian Blue) with the department for misappropriation of government property and integrity violations. I have 24 years of military experience and do not feel that anyone with this level of integrity should be serving the public or trusted with their funds. The units I was in would have severely disciplined him and I believe the same is in order here.
Here is a link to the exchange on ARFCOM,

I've included a screenshot of the exchange below as PSA has deleted most of my ARFCOM posts related to the subject, edited several others (which is more troubling) and blocked me from posting to the ARFCOM thread.
PSA Dagger Initial Impressions/Shooting - Part 2 (May 2021)
Brian Blue

PSA Dagger 9 - Initial review and RANT (May 2021)
Brian Blue

(top of "Palmetto State Armory Swagger Dagger™" thread)

1 - 20 of 1244 Posts