Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been researching the AR pistol to figure out what works & what don't before I spend money. Palmetto state armory has a 12" upper with complete bcg & charging handle for $400.00. Anyone have experience with their short uppers on a pistol lower ? Any tips on what buffer tube would ensure proper function of this length pistol ? I will eventually go through the proper steps & make this a SBR but for now want a pistol. I know there has been some discussion on how bad Palmetto state's bcg's are but that can be changed. All advice is appreciated.

·
NRA Life Member
13,391 Posts
My only advice is to talk to the manufacturer about the proper weight buffer. I know my 10" LMT upper wouldn't work worth a crap with an H2 buffer which is what everyone you read on the errornet said I needed. A quick call to LMT's customer service number confirmed they size their gas ports on their 10" upper to run with standard weight carbine buffers. Made the switch and guess what--its never missed a beat in over 1200 rounds.

I also would not pay much attention to the internet about PSA BCG's I have two and have found them excellent quality and completely reliable. You'll find threads on just about any manufacturer QC on any given day including Colt.

·
Premium Member
42,165 Posts
Recently picked up a PSA,.....the quality I'd very good for the price.

·
Registered
629 Posts
The internet bad chatter about PSA BCG's were a cheap batch they sold individually and priced accordingly during the panic. They were described as such. 8620, un marked bolts with a terrible staking job on the carrier keys.. They don't buy and sell those anymore.

The premium PSA logoed BCG's are of quality.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
If you're not running it suppressed or using very light loads, I expect it will run fine with carbine though H3. As Big Bird's does, my 10.5" LMT is fine with a carbine buffer. I do use an H3 when shooting 5.56 pressure loads suppressed, and it still runs fine with that buffer unsuppressed as well.

·
Who?
7,957 Posts
My only advice is to talk to the manufacturer about the proper weight buffer. I know my 10" LMT upper wouldn't work worth a crap with an H2 buffer which is what everyone you read on the errornet said I needed. A quick call to LMT's customer service number confirmed they size their gas ports on their 10" upper to run with standard weight carbine buffers. Made the switch and guess what--its never missed a beat in over 1200 rounds.

I also would not pay much attention to the internet about PSA BCG's I have two and have found them excellent quality and completely reliable. You'll find threads on just about any manufacturer QC on any given day including Colt.
You can't always go by the manufacturer, since every upper is slightly different. My LMT upper runs beautifully with an H2 buffer and FA BCG, even with Tula.

·
Premium Member
42,165 Posts
The internet bad chatter about PSA BCG's were a cheap batch they sold individually and priced accordingly during the panic. They were described as such. 8620, un marked bolts with a terrible staking job on the carrier keys.. They don't buy and sell those anymore.

The premium PSA logoed BCG's are of quality.
:agree:

·
NRA Life Member
13,391 Posts
You can't always go by the manufacturer, since every upper is slightly different. My LMT upper runs beautifully with an H2 buffer and FA BCG, even with Tula.
No doubt. But you gotta start somewhere...

·
38,473 Posts
I bought from PSA a few times. I love their quality and you can tell, it is a solid piece of work. My friends bought from them too after seeing what I got for the price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts