close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Palm Beach Shooting Center Sucks!!!

Discussion in 'Florida Glockers Club' started by DeathFromAbove, Jan 12, 2007.

1. DeathFromAbove

DeathFromAbove

I just want to warn anybody that has considered doing buisness at Palm Beach Shooting Center to consider going somewhere else. I am appauled with how rude their staff is, especially two fella's by the name of Chuck and Rick. Every time I go in there to purchase something or have something installed on one of my guns they act very unfriendly and almost unwilling to sell. It's pretty much the arm chair commando thing in action.

Of course they also will not let you bring outside ammo to shoot at their range. This is part of the pact they commited too with other Palm Beach ranges under the guise of liability. It's a load of cr@p! Unless Wal-Mart's WWB is more dangerous than the WWB they sell. Of course the hypocrits also sell reloading supplies. I wonder how they expect you to use it in a completed form if they once again won't allow any outside ammunition.

Well I just wanted to vent and more importantly educate anybody condsidering doing buisness with these losers. I would be nice to see a friendly, helpful, and most importantly a repectful face behind the counter for once. Who knows, maybe somebody who understands how to run a buisness will takeover in the future. Until then I will use the my God given American right that I personally fought for, and not spend a single red cent in there until things change.

Thanks for reading this :soap:

2. Ian

Ian Millennium Member

Actually the owner is a very cool guy. Don't know how he got suckered into to this stupid rule.
    I'm sure that there could have been another way around their problems, instead of the regular, skilled shooters suffering.
    I shoot at Revere and Markham.

3. rich52us

rich52us

I've had similar experience with them. I go to Revere or Arizona in Broward. All the Palm Bch Co. ranges agreed to the no outside ammo rule over a year ago. They lost my business.

4. tlrbud

tlrbud

Isn't this some kind of illegal conspiracy? They have privately gotten together to ban the use of outside ammo.It is customary at gun ranges across the country to bring one's own ammo to shoot. I would call this practice "un-American," and I refuse to spend my money there until they change the rules to allow outside ammo.

I am also a reloader, and no longer have a venue to practice the fruits of my hobby in Palm Beach County.

I think the county needs to build some public ranges. They have public golf courses and equestrian parks paid for by taxpayers. I think there are more gun owners than horse owners or golfers in Palm Beach County. Unfortunately the commissioners seem to be anti-gun.

5. Dandapani

Dandapani

The transplant NYC dummos would have a heart attack...

6. rich52us

rich52us

There is a Sherif's range open to the public. But I think it's only for rifles.

7. M67Chucker

M67Chucker ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I stopped shooting there myself. I love reloading and unfortunatly I find myself making the long drive down to Revere or Markam Park.

I heard that all the zoning that exists for gun ranges in south Florida is already in existence. That as is stands no more land is allowed to be zoned for gun range use. Which of course gives these jack*****es the power to make all the stupid rules they want.

I would love to see Palm Beach Shooting Center either get bought out or go out of buisness. It's the least they deserve for the way they treat the public.

Makes me want to :puking::puking::puking::puking::puking:

8. jonny772

jonny772

I have to agree with everything that has been said about Plam Beach Shooting Center, I stopped going there long ago after the so-called "outside ammo liability". Luckily Self Defense shooting range in Port St Lucie lets me bring pretty much everything and are usually pretty polite, if there guns werent overpriced I would be totally happy with them.

9. Governor

Governor NRA member

+1 on all points.

Everywhere in PB sucks.

10. Droanx

Droanx

Been there and agree. I live in Orlando now. When my friends visit they go to the range with me and are shocked that I can bring outside ammo. Ends up being much cheaper which in turn means more ammo is used. Also, because the range I go to allows outside ammo I will sometimes get a box on the way out as a common courtesy.

11. edbird45

edbird45

I have to agree. I used to go there regularly and they were pretty nice. Bought lots of stuff, a safe, guns, etc. gave my wife a lot of help too, when she started shooting.

When they changed the policy I went in and talked to both of the guys you mentioned about it. They were rude to me, a long time customer, said all the money I'd spent there up until then didn't count for squat, and that this was the way it was going to be. I was very insulted, and haven't been back since although it's a very convenient place to shoot. I won't go back for ANY reason now, even though as said, the owner is ok. they just turned into jerks seemingly overnight.

Interestingly, I had stopped shooting at Gator for years due to rudeness first and then the ammo policy. I have been there twice recently and they are WAY more friendly and accomodating than they used to be. You don't have to buy their ammo if you shoot certain calibers. I go to test fire rifles now and then and they let me use my own ammo in.308 and 3006. And .22. I now have a .22 conversion for my Glock for when I go there, and their house Federal .22 is specifically recommended AGAINST in the manual for the unit.

I have heard stories that their house reloads are NOT good for your guns, too. I won't shoot them. So unless you can wiggle around their ammo policy, stay away. We're all stuck, unfortunately. The guys with the new shop in Jupiter, Chuck's Guns, are interested in opening a range in PB County, btw. Talk to them.

EDBIRD45

12. rich52us

rich52us

I went up there a week or so ago. It'll be a year or more before they have a range. They haven't even broken ground yet. But they said they will not have a no outside ammo policy.

13. noway

noway

Vic @ American Indoor runs a cool range so does FEC gun range , then you have Markham and the long waits ;)

Take your dollars else where and maybe these sorry to no-good and rude ranges will shape up ;)

14. DeathFromAbove

DeathFromAbove

I have made the long drive down to American Indoor and have been very impressed with the better attitude, but I was told by the owner the last time I was there he was also considering changing his ammo policy to not allow outside ammo. He is the one that told me no more ranges can be built in South Florida due to zoning laws. He said whatever exists is it. I told him my disgust about the "no outside ammo" rule and he said that because others have expressed thier concern about it he has doubts that he will actually change it.

I hope the majority of these places look past the almighty dollar and remember that without customers they won't make squat. I am happy to see overall how many people are disatisfied with Palm Beach Shooting Center. Maybe they are doing a lot worst then they want the public to believe. One can only hope!

:drowning::drowning::drowning::drowning::drowning:

15. Silkywilson

Silkywilson

the range here in Ft. myers claims you have to use their ammo for 2 reasons, #1 their insurance wont cover ammo brough in being unknown quality, and thats the only way they can be sure there is no lead. mind you this is an in door range and I hear lead is an issue with recurculating air.. I dont go there it is way to exspensive to shoot the quantities that I shoot at the public outdoor range.

16. rich52us

rich52us

That's some of the reasons they give here too, but I think that it's really about getting you to purchase their ammo.

17. ofcsolo

ofcsolo

Gator gun And Archery Center here in WPB is the same way and their attitudes aren't much better.:steamed:

18. jonny772

jonny772

I have always wondered about this, is there any way to see the insurance statement that says we cant bring in outside ammo for that very reason(their insurance wont allow it?)

19. XNYTRUCKIE

XNYTRUCKIE Smoke Eater

Revere is the way to go or markham, I stopped going to palm beach and delrey for the same reasons a long time ago...

20. M67Chucker

M67Chucker ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I totally agree. These people are just as bad! I stopped shooting there a couple years ago. They must be in love with thier guns too because the prices are through the roof.

It is amazing how these buisness can be managed so poorly. What a bunch of morons the guys that own all these ranges truly are. If anybody knows them direct them to this thread and let them see how much they have pi$$ed off the public. Maybe that will inspire some change.

:poke: