GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Ok that is cool, even if counterfeit.

Well done though, but you could see the G logo on the slide was wrong.

·
Premium Member
7,485 Posts
Looks so cool!!!!

Reactions: GlockPride

·
Registered
9,018 Posts
Hmm, my gut says no bueno on this without more info.

The article says they are identical in construction, not in base polymer.

Most polymers that are natural (uncolored) are milky white in color. To get that type of clarity, you are usually dealing with straight polycarbonate or PMMA (acrylic). To say they have different material properties and chemical resistances from the OEM filled polyamide frame is an understatement.

It is cool though. If it's just for show, fine.

·
Registered
10,101 Posts
That is cool! And the article does point out that those "Glocks" are really more for show:

"Practically, these are a sight for sore eyes and certainly much more brittle than a standard Glock frame, however, these seem to have found a market in Pakistan, most definitely just for show or as statement rather than for a more practical use."

·
This used to be AMERICA........
1,573 Posts
Cool. It says they have been produced there for ten years. Are they actually GLOCK - sanctioned or is this a pure out and out copy which Glock would not like to see? I suppose Pakistan doesn't have a lot of copyright and patent protection, like China.
Can't wait to see them on Ebay.......as an "airsoft"- version, much like the US company Umarex.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Oh no. Now when those polymer ghost guns make it through the metal detectors TSA won’t even see them. What are we going to do???

Cool, but I wouldn’t run any ammo through that set up. Not even the softest minor PF stuff.

·
Registered
10,101 Posts
I skimmed the article... unless I missed something (as would be usual) the article makes it sound like these are copies, not Glock certified. Most likely not illegal in Pakistan, as the guy is selling them and making YouTube videos about them.

·
Registered
804 Posts
So these are neat, if Glock was to produce these as a limited market similar to the training guns I believe they’d sell. I mean hell my inner 90s kid comes out and I want one just cause clear and translucent things were a big thing.

·
Registered
8,418 Posts
Khyber Pass Webleys; now we've got Khyber Pass Glocks out of Darra.

The more things change, the more they remain the same.

Reactions: ThatGuyYouKnow

·
NRA Life Member
64,119 Posts
Something weird I have not seen before myself and thought would be worth sharing: https://silahreport.com/2020/10/12/origins-the-khyber-pakhtunkhwa-clear-frame-glock-pistols/

Seems the Pakistani are not only copying the pistol, but also copied the original markings to make everything look as close to the original as possible!
That is typical Pakistan. Everything from a Martini rifle or Webley pistol to Bellville boots, Oakley sunglasses, Benchmade knives and beats headphones can be had in a Pakistani or Chinese bootleg copy, complete with the original logos and copyright and patent markings. Compared to copying rifles and machineguns with scrap steel and hand tools, I imagine molding Glock frames must be a breeze.

·
Frisky!
35,723 Posts
Cannot see it.
:)

·
Huge Member
11,055 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

would be nice to have to show liberal relatives that Glocks are mostly made of metal, not plastic.​

Reactions: pgg00

·
Registered
19,911 Posts
Would be neat to have in a collection

·
Registered
10,101 Posts
They're airsoft frames from China. You can find them on Wish and Aliexpress.

Dan
That would make sense. I'll show this to my son... he is an active "air softer" and probably already knows about this.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts