Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
On the Right.
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've noticed a trend lately. Folks wearing their jammies out in public. I can't say that I ever worn my PJs out in public. Fashion trend or lazy folk? What says the GT collective? Do you wear your pajamas out in public?

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
sometimes we go out with the kids in their pajamas, usually some quick errand thing, but not often.

·
What's Up Dox?
6,801 Posts
I've seen people wearing them but would never do so myself.

Folks would get all up at arms if I did.

·
Boat Life ©
13,038 Posts
There are usually two types of females who wear PJ's in public.
  1. The hot chick who looks smokin' in about anything, and looks even better in her skimpy, tight fitting PJ's.
  2. The old hag at Walmart wearing her "moo-moo" and generally smells like geriatric juice.
YMMV. :rofl:

·
NRA Benefactor
5,559 Posts
I've picked up the newspaper on the drive way in one...many times.

Get the ocassional funny look. But hey...i'm used to that. And it's my drive way...so get the $)(#! off my lawn! :supergrin:

·
ComfortablyNumb
5,256 Posts
I think the real question is "Do any adult GT posters actually wear pajamas?"
I have 'pajama pants' that are just flannel type pants. I wouldn't wear them out in public, especially after a chick I know said she could tell I had a decent package after seeing me in them a few times.

Of course....maybe that means I SHOULD wear them in public....

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Had a gorgeous 30-something female come into the store where I was working, on a Saturday morning, and we scrambled! Jockeyed for position to carry her horse feed out to her car.
And once at a church meeting, the pastor showed up in a pair of those flannel sleep pants. Nobody said anything, but I'm pretty sure everybody noticed, since they were bright colored plaid. :)

·
On the Right.
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think the real question is "Do any adult GT posters actually wear pajamas?"

Well since you asked....warm months, no. Cold months I rock a t shirt and flannel pants. I doubt you want pics.

·
Nobody special.
1,811 Posts
  1. The hot chick who looks smokin' in about anything, and looks even better in her skimpy, tight fitting PJ's.
  2. The old hag at Walmart wearing her "moo-moo" and generally smells like geriatric juice.
That's what I was thinking! Some shapely ladies can wear anything and look awesome!

·
bad example
6,850 Posts
no. i was raised to make myself presentable before i leave the house. i don't even go out to get the paper before i put on real pants and a shirt.

i don't care how hot a chick is, when she goes out in public wearing pj's or sweats she looks like a lazy slob.

·
NRA Life Member
410 Posts
It's all the rage for teenybopper girls in our local high school. Sloppy baggy pajamas or sweat pants, a sloppy loose fitting sweat shirt....and an upturned nose.

·
Boat Life ©
13,038 Posts
i don't even go out to get the paper before i put on real pants and a shirt.
Awe, hell! I'm in the country! It isn't uncommon for me to walk to the mailbox in a pair of boxers and slippers. :whistling:

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
Only if it's a hot chick showing up in her nightie.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
That's not true any more. A whole bunch of the kids (and now some of the adults) seem to be doing that. I guess it's the cool thing to do now.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
In Alabama and other SEC schools the outfit is workout shorts (Nike Tempos specifically), leggings underneath, Ugg boots, and an XL T-shirt from some fraternity/sorority party where they most likely did something shameful. Guys usually wear a T-shirt, jeans, and boots/tennis shoes. I haven't seen any increase in pajama pants on campus. At restaurants, on the other hand, it doesn't even catch my eye anymore to see young people wearing pajama pants. Looking like dogs*** on a Saturday/Sunday morning is like a badge of pride for the UA young bloods at the restaurants.

...and this is in the South, where women actually (are supposed to) give a damn about their appearance.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
One of my biggest pet peeves is students coming to class in pajamas. Seriously, put on some damn pants. How hard can it be.
Heh, my first year when I lived on campus I did this all the time. Pajama pants and a tshirt are great for that. Especially for 0700 classes and then having a three hour or so break. I didn't see a problem with it, and I still don't. Usually cause I would roll out of bed about 10 minutes before class started and it was an 8 minute walk across campus

1 - 20 of 123 Posts