Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
TEXAS COWBOY
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been seeing a few Glocks with the markings and scribes (model, serial numbers, caliber designations, etc.), on the slides painted different colors. Who, what, when, where and how??? I don't think this comes from Glock. I would be interested in having mine done in red. Can anybody enlighten me???

Keep n Glockin'

·
Florist
20,064 Posts
Nail polish in any colour you want. Although it's not permanent. And the polish remover (acetone) won't hurt your slide.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Nope, these are DIY projects. People use crayons, nail polish, model paint, etc. to fill in the lettering. Do a search, there's probably several threads on this. There's also several youtube videos of people doing it too.

I don't care for the lettering on the slide much myself, but I do fill the lettering on my magazines with white Testors model paint. It makes the round count numbers really pop and so much easier to see. You can use different colors to distinguish between different magazines too. If you want colors to show up better on the black background, do a thin white base coat first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts