Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or the stock. I bought this a few years ago for just over 200$ on GB. Ruger 77 in 22-250 barrel is stamped Baer so I'd guess that's the builder. Has a Canjer trigger which eliminated the Tang safety. When I bought it the stock was painted red with black that didn't look very good. I stripped it before painting and found two layers of red, one of black and another gray. The grip and foreendbhad some sort of texture but had filled with paint and I didn't try to restore it. I sanded it down then primered and sanded some more. The stock has some flaws in it that I should of filled with glazing putty but at 30$ a tube I didn't want to buy it to just use a dab. There's 3-4 coats of red and of clear on it. My original plan was to paint it green and black but the two shades of green I tried on poster board didn't turn out how I liked. Might not be for everyone but I like the looks of it.
Bumper Office supplies Trigger Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

Trigger Air gun Revolver Wood Shotgun

Tool Office supplies Wood Table Bumper

·
Registered
14,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like it

How'd you get the random black lines in it?
The nozzle is made to give that effect, it's called spider web. The paint comes out sort like strings and sort of heavy so what you see is what I'd call a light application. It gives a bit of textured effect since the black sits on top of the red. The clear on top of everything sort of bleands it together and makes it smoother but you can still feel it. I thought about sanding the black down a little and practiced on my poster board I tried the paint on first but decided it didn't make a big difference.

·
NRA Member
3,827 Posts
The nozzle is made to give that effect, it's called spider web. The paint comes out sort like strings and sort of heavy so what you see is what I'd call a light application. It gives a bit of textured effect since the black sits on top of the red. The clear on top of everything sort of bleands it together and makes it smoother but you can still feel it. I thought about sanding the black down a little and practiced on my poster board I tried the paint on first but decided it didn't make a big difference.
I like that effect......what's the name of the paint you used?.....I might just have a project for that effect.

·
Registered
14,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Google Montana Paint, they have several paints like this. There's marble paint that is similar but just a single string of paint instead of multiple like the spider web. This I did with Krylon marble paint.
Wood Flooring Automotive tire Gas Machine

Textile Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

·
Registered
14,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really helps to have a good fixture to hold the stock. I think you can figure it out from the photo. The two all threads go through the trigger guard screw holes. It's sort of flimsy because you're limited on what size all thread you can use because of the hole size. Still I'm able to tip it to paint lower side of stock the paint the rest. I put the stock in upside down.
Bumper Wood Floor Automotive exterior Gas

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
That really looks good. Thanks for posting the pics and the info about Montana Paint. I may try that myself.

·
Registered
23,646 Posts
That looks good

Reactions: ede

·
Lean & Mean
15,876 Posts
Congratulations! Project rifles are my favourite kind. Working on them brings me as much pleasure as shooting them. Plus one can learn more by working on the boomstick usually. Well done.

·
Registered
13,355 Posts
Nice creative work. It’s not easy to set yourself apart from the crowd, but it’s worth it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Very nice. Hope it shoots as good as it looks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts