Glock 26 Pain shooting 26

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by HonkeyFries, Jun 13, 2020.

1. HonkeyFries

HonkeyFries

My rarely shot 26 really digs into my hand sharply with each shot, on the tissue between my thumb and finger.
    Zero pain in the same shooting session With my 43 or my 19.

I had a Gen 3 years ago and it did not hurt, so I tried with and without the backstrap.
    My understanding is the hump is causing a different grip and mechanically I can see why its hurting and if I had to, I would carry it but I do not have to.

I may end up trading out for another 19 or a 45 if given a less than awful hosing.

Just disappointed because I believe the problem is me and cant think of a way to “fix” it. Readily admit I am a girly man ahead of any one else saying it.

Fortunate Son and G19 fan like this.
  2. thewoods868

thewoods868 thewoods868

You could talon grips. The plain rubber ones.

MCCM likes this.

3. sig357fan

sig357fan

before you go getting all spendie for something that may or may not help you, try a bicycle inner tube grip sleeve, easy to make and much cheaper than anything you'd buy.

MCCM likes this.
  4. Buckshot Barry

Buckshot Barry

Add an OEM +extension to one of your mags and try that.

I have to do this on my 27. (stock photo, not my 27)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    ChrisD46, -JCN- and buster55 like this.
  5. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

Sounds like the problem is backstrap profile, although I don't really see why that would cause pain in the web of your hand.

6. HonkeyFries

HonkeyFries

The grip itself doesnt hurt.

I forgot to add I tried with and without extended mag. Its just digging in really sharply.

Buckshot Barry likes this.
  7. zonian

zonian

My son has the same issue with my G26; I think the problem is that his hand is much bigger than mine...he has no problem when shooting his G21.

8. Nagoya10

Nagoya10

The biggest issue you may face here is actually finding a 19 or 45 to trade up to. You will have zero problems selling that 26 for probably more than you paid for it, at the moment.

I was in our local Bass Pro last night and the pistol cases were almost empty except for revolvers, black powder and just a few random semi's here and there. NO Glocks or other regular pistol brands whatsoever.

9. HonkeyFries

HonkeyFries

It may be a seller’s market but I do not know of a way to sell right now with all that is going on. Hell by time I lose a few hours of OT fiddling, it would not be worth it..
    It is a long term wait if need be.

Mainly just curious if I was alone.

10. Glock4life!

Glock4life!

Is this a case of slide bite? If it’s a Gen 4 try to install the medium beaver tail back strap and see if it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Glock Commander

Glock Commander

I have severe arthritis and the pistol's grip makes a big difference. The Glock 19 Gen 3 is my EDC and it works for me. :fred:

12. Bluescot

Bluescot

It sounds like your G26 is a gen4 and if so I would encourage you to experiment with the beavertail and other grip sleeves before selling it.

I have put Hogue HandAll sleeves on some M&P Shields to give them some thickness for my large hands and while they have done that, they also seem to lessen the amount of felt recoil. It's a cheap possible fix at $10+-.

I have a G27 gen 3 and shoot some hot loads through it and while they don't cause any pain, I have come to realize that all guns recoil when fired and move on and hit what your aiming at.

nerr likes this.
  13. familyman357

familyman357 I'd be more cynical, but my apathy prevents it.

This is really strange since you used to have a Gen3 26 that didn't give you any problems, but I'll concur with trying a section of bicycle innertube as a cheap experiment.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  14. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

maybe you aren't holding it tight enough. but if you had a Gen 3 and it didn't hurt your hand it sounds like you need to trade for another gen 3.

Trade only. Now is not the time to buy or sell. You will be able to sell but you're a lot less likely to be able to buy, and unless Trump is re-elected, that's not going to change anytime soon and things will change for the worse if the Democrats take control.

15. BillG174

BillG174

Because the G 26 is such a highly rated and highly thought of pistol I rented one several times before I decided not to buy it. I am a left-hander and most of the times when I would shoot the G 26 it would pinch my trigger finger between the bottom of the trigger and the trigger guard. The pain was no fun plus I really prefer a longer grip

I recently purchased a G 19.5 and I really like it.

Buckshot Barry and -JCN- like this.
  16. MercuryHayze

MercuryHayze

It's amazing how accurate the little 26 is. Highly recommend trying a Pierce extension before you sell it off. Like others have said, it might be difficult to find a replacement at the moment. If you look just about everything is sold out. Reloading components are getting scarce. I imagine it will get worse before it gets any better.

17. Jonbob

Jonbob

Not sure where the pain you’re describing is but for me my g26 hurt the palm of my hand due to the location and profile of the hump at the rear of the grip. My fix (gen5) was to cut the medium backstrap (with beaver tail) in half so the effect of the hump was reduced on my palm. I now really like how it feels and if I ever want to return it to stock backstrap sets are cheap.

18. shadowlands

shadowlands

19. ChrisD46

ChrisD46

*What a beautiful picture - Glock 26 & 27 is Perfection !

20. nerr

nerr

Highly recommend this. The Hogue has a lot of cushioning effect and will 'fatten' the grip a little, especially around the beavertail. They are a pain to get on, but get them warm to make them more pliable, use windex, and cut up their plastic wrapping to use as a smooth installing surface during installation and it can be done. They have a video on their web site.