close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Page Fault In Non-Paged Area has occurred in file IntelC52.sys.

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by GunnyBob, Mar 12, 2006.

1. GunnyBob

GunnyBob Retired E-8

Am getting that error message each and every time I try to log onto AOL. The pc is running fine otherwise, but when the modem kicks in to access the ISP the blue screen of death flashes the above message and I must switch off the power and restart the computer. I understand that IntelC52.sys refers to the modem, but all modem tests that I can perform do not return anything that would assist me in rectifying this situation.

I've had to use this older pc to get on the web, and am dreading contacting Dell. The pc on the fritz is a Pentium 4 with 516 mg of memory, and only 11 months old. I haven't added any new hardware or software, or done anything to precipitate this event. Have booted, rebooted and ran several programs that supposedly troubleshoot Windows XP, but nothing has worked.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

All the best

gunny

2. pyblood

pyblood

Have you tried updating the modem or video drivers? I recommend going to the dell website and seeing if there are any newer drivers available for your PC.

3. GunnyBob

GunnyBob Retired E-8

Thanks for the reply, pyblood. I'll look and see, but then the problem arises as to how to transfer any new drivers to the pc that cannot access the web.

4. pyblood

pyblood

Good point. Do you have another PC with a burner? Maybe you can download the drivers on another PC (preferably with broadband internet) and transfer them with a USB drive or burn them on a CD. Do you think that your modem could be going bad?

5. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Try calling a local ISP and asking for a Guest account, to try their service out.

Tell them you are 'using' AOHell and they'll be glad to help.

Then use that to secure your drivers ect.

That is, unless the Web works just fine when not using the AOH dialer and all the assorted poop it layers onto your poor PC.

I would suggest turning away from the Dark Side if that should prove to be the case...