Paddle Holster for G26

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by steve-in-kville, Feb 25, 2018.

1. L-2

L-2

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  2. spatin

spatin

I have a Safariland 7371 concealment paddle holster for my Shield. It conceals well and doesn't catch on things as you walk by them. It has the ALS retention which works very well. It is not leather, but it is waterproof, I like it, and at $36 on Amazon it is a pretty good price.

L-2 likes this.

3. R3508

R3508 Curmudgeon

Used fobus around $15. I like the Bianchi 58L also.

4. Greg Pitts

Greg Pitts

I carried a Fobus paddle holster every day for 20 years with a Glock in it. I loved it. It rides good on your hip and is very quick to draw. It is also secure and is almost impossible for someone to rip it out of the holster from the rear. They are very rugged. I highly reccommend them.

5. steve-in-kville

steve-in-kville

I actually ordered a Blackhawk CQC that is both a belt holster as well as a paddle. And I think I have a Fobus around here from a previous Glock....

pmorejon likes this.
  6. pmorejon

pmorejon

I have several of the Blackhawk CQC paddle/belt holsters. You might want to reconsider leather for a work/farm holster. If you are going to be outside, exposed to dirt, mud, and the elements, kydex will be better that leather. It will not retain moisture, and if it gets dirty can be easily cleaned with soap and water, then dried with a paper towel. I have heard Safariland also make good kydex paddle holsters with level 2/3 retention. I don't know what mechanism they use to stay put on your belt because I don't own any.

Mr. Tacticaldesire
    stated;

"In training, it is common for the holster to come along with the gun during a draw. Also, in an entanglement, paddle holsters are known to come off the body or be knocked loose. 3rd, it is not hard to disarm somebody wearing a paddle holster.

While they may be convenient and easy, using them for anything serious is generally ill advised. "

Maybe he is talking about the "cheaper ones". The Blackhawk will not come off your belt unless you un-hook the three little "teeth"(which is not easy). As for being easily disarmed, it is not any easier than with a regular owb or iwb holster without retention features. The Blackhawk has level 2 retention, unless you press the side button, the gun stays in the holster.

I have no stake in any holster company, just wanted to give my 2 cents worth. YMMV.

7. Greg Pitts

Greg Pitts

Like I said I wore one for 20 years every day as a LEO. The Fobus will not come off if it is yanked. It hooks under the belt and fits tight to your waist. We tired to rip one out of another Officers pants and you would have had to rip his pants off to rip the holster off. The Fobus has a retention feature inside the holster that locks the gun and will only release if it is pulled straight up. I would have NEVER carried a holster without a retention feature.

8. breacher1

breacher1

go Pancake holster

9. clint curtis

clint curtis

Fobus GL2E2.....love it!

10. The Dood

The Dood

I
    I am using a Blackhawk paddle with my M&P Shield 9mm and it works great. Good luck with anyone trying to jerk this one off me- it is a real struggle for me to get it off- which I almost consider a drawback, as I have need to slip it on and off during my daily routine. You are right about Fobus- stay away!! Agreed that the Paddle is not held as tight against the body as a good belt holster, I.E. Concealed better, but it is pretty good and the advantages of the paddle for someone like me is worth some minor drawbacks. When I can wear on my belt I do like the new Versa holsters.

11. The Dood

The Dood

I
    I like my Blackhawk paddle too. Fits tight and no one is going to jerk it off. Comfortable to wear all day and you can adjust the retention.

12. Backroad

Backroad

I'm
    I'm with SevenSixtyTwo - I have FOBUS holsters for all the semi-autos I own - including a G26. I love 'me! Especially the newer Evolutions that have the adjustment screw.

Al

SevenSixtyTwo likes this.
  13. SChief454

SChief454

The best leather paddle holster available is the Kramer MSP. Carries as close as a pancake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. steve-in-kville

steve-in-kville

Good feedback. I may use they Fobus as my "work" holster and the Blackhawk as my "Sunday" holster.

15. rangerparked

rangerparked

Vedder Holsters. Mine sits flat with very minor printing. Fast and friendly. Their quality is second to none. vedderholsters.com