Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a new G26 yesterday, so I'm a Glock owner again. Anyways, I used to get all my holsters from El Paso Saddlery but I heard they are not the company they used to be. So I am in the market for a leather paddle holster. Must have a thumbsnap as this will be used in a farming/outdoor environment.

Open to suggestions, thank you!

·
Registered
10,376 Posts
No thumbstrap but the Fobus Evolution has excellent snap in retention, holds the G26 close to the body and it's relatively cheap. For a thumbstrap holster in possibly wet, dirty conditions, I'd go with the Glock belt sport/duty holster. It's for the 17 but fits the 26 like a champ.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Galco, Gould and Goodrich both make a good quality leather thumbbreak paddle holster. Just do a google search. By the way what gen did you get?

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I have two Fobus G-2 they work just fine for my G-23, and G-19, 17/22 also. I have an IWB Kydex holster for the G-26, but have not tried it yet. With my frame 6' and 200lbs, IWB just never has worked for me. The 1911 Commander, and Full size worked just fine, but I was about 15-20 lbs lighter back then.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I have several Comp-tac paddle holsters, great holsters. But for what you’re describing, farming & outdoor work, check out the leather Bianchi 5 Black Widow belt holster, it has a thumbsnap also. I have one for my 26 and it works great!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Please, do explain.
In training, it is common for the holster to come along with the gun during a draw. Also, in an entanglement, paddle holsters are known to come off the body or be knocked loose. 3rd, it is not hard to disarm somebody wearing a paddle holster.

While they may be convenient and easy, using them for anything serious is generally ill advised. I know they feel nice and secure when you put one on, but they are one of the least secure methods of carry, especially the cheaper ones like a fobus. Don't take my word for it though. Take a good class or see what well known, highly regarded instructors have to say.

The above does not apply for carry around the house or doing chores on the farm. For that, it doesn't really matter.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts