Packing Heat: Millions now OK'd to carry guns

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Dreamaster, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Dreamaster

Dreamaster

2. G19CCW

G19CCW

I voted! Right now its Good Guys 56% to Uninformed 40%

3. HWA GLOCKER

HWA GLOCKER

4. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

5. mikeivan

mikeivan

Good article but poorly designed poll, I did not vote. Other people carrying doesn't make me feel safe or in danger, me carrying makes me feel safer than when I am not carrying.

6. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

Bless their leftist hearts, "stumblebums" and "trigger happy yahoos" is now what I am?

Didn't know I was quite that well know among them. But shucks, I haven't been "happy" about much of anything in many a moon.

7. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

I totally agree sir.

But truth be known, I don't believe they actually thought very many folks would make that choice. At least not as many as appear to have done so.

Someone must be experiencing a serious case of diaper rash about now.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  8. badge315

badge315

Now at 69.3%...Keith Olberman must be having a conniption.:rofl:

9. txjustin

txjustin

Just voted...70% now.

10. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

You have to be VERY educated to read this and fail to conclude that more guns leads to less crime.

11. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Let's assume you are a predator. As the percentage of CCWers in the general population (your prey group) increases how would you imagine that would affect your tendency to prey on that population?

12. kahrguy

kahrguy

74% now it will go to 100% I hope

13. HoldHard

HoldHard

Slid down to 71.6%

HH

14. Smashy

Smashy

Stumblebum, huh? That would make a good screen name.

Some of those comments are funny and sad at the same time. The same words seem to come up every time: rednecks, nuts, massacre, wild west (they really like that one), vigilante, compensating, whackjobs. Then there's the comparisons with the OK corral. The only words I can think of for them are ignorant and paranoid.

Here are a couple of good ones...

"More scared of the green toothed morons I see packing than the criminal element."

"My worst nightmare is a gunfight in Starbuck's between two 2nd amendment cowboys with me in the middle." :upeyes:

15. Silent_Runner

Silent_Runner Can you hear me

70.8%
    Very safe: If a crime is committed or a threat of violence made, they’ve got the means to respond.
    14,490 votes

16. mikesommer

mikesommer

Some of thoses comments crack me up :rofl:

17. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

Voted:

70% Very Safe

25% In Danger

How could the KOS kids have missed this on PMSNBC? Antis are getting crushed.

18. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

:agree:

Like these: "I feel very threatened by concealed firearms and will not patronize businesses that do not disallow them"

"Anyone who needs to carry a gun around with them everywhere they go is dangerous. They are looking for an opportunity to use it."

"I carry a gun, because I can't carry a cop.

A trained, lawful, and armed citizenry is the best defense against both crime and tyranny."

"Criminals have carried concealed weapons for years, why is it now a big event when people obtain a permit start carrying weapons legally?"

"I do not feel safe at all. I live in the state of Illinois where I do not have the right to carry a concealed weapon and protect myself."

:rofl:

19. wjv

wjv Zip It Stan Lee.. . .

The Libs are always stating that Conservatives are non-tolerant, hate mongers, and generally un-trusting of others. . Yet when reading the comments. . .

Notice that it's the Libs who are convinced that if their fellow citizens are armed, they will go on killing sprees at the drop of a hat. . Blood in the street. Every fender-bender will become a wild west shootout.

I really believe that the anti-gun types project fears regarding their own behavioral traits, onto the rest of America. I have a sister who hates guns. Why? Because she has strong implied that if she had a gun, she would end up killing someone over something stupid. So she assumes that because SHE can't control her behavior, that no one else is capable of being responsible.

Additionally I noticed several things in the article:
    1) Effect on crime is hotly debated
    But even with the push to expand concealed-carry rights now in its third decade, no scientific studies have reached any widely accepted conclusions about the movement’s effect on crime or personal safety.

BULL****! The data is there. . The antis simply refuse to acknowledge it as it would be contrary to their goals.

2) More Americans than ever are carrying hidden guns.
    Again the media has to use the term hidden guns. . because it sounds more ominous and criminal like.

3) Kristen Rand, legislative director for the Violence Policy Center, a gun-control group, said the movement “has to do with selling more guns.” While it was pushed by groups like the NRA, it also “dovetailed with the gun industry’s desperate need to find a new market.”

BULL****! Gun sales have been BOOMING. . There is no need to desperately find anew markets.

4) “The industry constantly has to look for a way to make a guy who already owns 15 guns buy a new one.”

If a guy has 15 guns, he won't need much motivation to buy number 16 & 17 & 18 & 19. . . .

5) The highest gun homicide rate is in Washington, D.C., which has had the nation’s strictest gun-control laws for years and bans concealed carry: 20.50 deaths per 100,000 population, five times the general rate. The lowest rate, 1.12, is in Utah, which has such a liberal concealed weapons policy that most American adults can get a permit to carry a gun in Utah without even visiting the state.

The decline in gun homicides also comes as U.S. firearm sales are skyrocketing,

Well they got one thing right. . . And the comment about "sales are skyrocketing" just proves that the VPC's claim of the "industry’s desperate need to find a new market." is 100% BULL****.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010