close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ruger P90

Discussion in 'Ruger Club' started by RLS1851, Nov 6, 2009.

1. RLS1851

RLS1851

I just received some Hogue wrap-around grips for my P90. They feel better than the originals which were kind of thin and slippery to me. I have not shot this pistol in awhile since the ammo panic, I have just been shooting 9mm and .38spl, but these grips seem like they would help.

I sometimes get a wild hair and think that I would like to get a 1911, I have shot the Kimber Custom II and the Springfield and I shot the Ruger P90 better. The only thought is that I am really enjoying shooting the IDPA, where I use my Glock G34, and sometimes think that I would like to have a pistol that more fits the CDP division. Currently I can't afford to shoot a .45acp enough to be competent so I just shoot the P90 for fun.

2. Ebb27

Ebb27

When I had my P-90s I used the Hogue grip, it had a much better feel than the smooth as glass factory grips.

[​IMG]

3. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

years ago i had the P90DC stainless like pictured above.....in a fit of despiration i had to let it go.

i really liked that gun and agree with the hogue grip choice.

4. bac1023

bac1023

Same thing here...

[​IMG]

5. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Back when I owned a blued P90, I tried several sets of grips over the years. Like the folks above, I eventually ended up with the Hogues, but in-between I found a set of Butler Creek checkered rubber panels that also worked pretty well. I think they are out of production nowadays, but you might find a set on the used-accessory market.

6. G36shooter

G36shooter

go figure? i have a P-97 this is my beater 45 but the thing is a tack driver feeds and shoots every type of ammo i put through it, lead WC's JHP's never a FTF . Ruger has replaced it with the 345, IMHO i think the lawyers had a say in the 345 design.

7. HiVelSword

HiVelSword Sweetn the ride

The P-90 is big, single stack pistol that's just as thick as my XD45. So I've got 5 fewer rounds in the gun, actually 6 fewer until I get some 8 round mags. I also wish there was a relief cut under the triggerguard but I'm thinking the placement of the mag release means that can never be done.

That being said I can't seem to keep the Ruger out of my hands! The trigger pull is absolutely SIG-like. This pistol is all business and it will definitely share some time in my holster once I get it transferred into my name. :)

Did anyone ever offer night sights for the older Rugers? Also, any extended 10 round mags? GOOD mags I mean.

8. HiVelSword

HiVelSword Sweetn the ride

The night sights, me likey! The 25 round mag? Not so much. :supergrin:

I don't liek the 10 round Pro Mag's either. No biggie. I like the baseplates on the Ruger mags anyway. They are distinctive and the look cool as well!

I'll be just fine with 8+1.

Oh, and I've decided on Lasergrips! :cool:

9. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

:supergrin:

Sticking with factory mags is probably a good idea for reliability purposes, anyway. I never had any trouble with any of mine, and I bought some of them used from pawnshops and gunshows. Occasionally, CDNN will put Ruger mags on sale, so watch their site for deals.

www.cdnninvestments.com

Looks like regular price is $29.13 right now.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  10. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

And right after I post about regular mag sales, above, CDNN puts the P90/P97 mags on sale! Go to their "Specials" page to see them and check stock; from now until Monday the 14th at noon, they are $24.99. $7.99 shipping for any Internet order means if you buy at least two, you get them DELIVERED for less than their normal non-delivered price, along with a couple of freebies (a Colt screwdriver and some fancy targets).

I'm not associated with the company in any way.

11. beerswimmer

beerswimmer

My P90 was OK until I got my 21SF. Then I sold it for more .45 ammo!!!! :wow:

It was heavy, fat, tricky/more complicted than the 21 to take apart, harder to clean, had a lower mag capacity, and was just overly big.

OTOH it was built like a tank and incredibly accurate. :dunno:

I couldn't even convince myself to keep it once I got the 21.

12. RLS1851

RLS1851

Thanks for the response beerswimmer. I have been considering trading the P90 for the Glock but can't swing it yet.

13. glockmutt

glockmutt

Here's a solution to "slick grips" we tried on the Ruger Forum. Just a bit of work with a soldering iron and they ain't slick no more.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. jammer45

jammer45

Nice job on the stippling on the grips. I done mine the other night after seeing yours. I must say it feels alot better now but still replacing them with Houge grips.