close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

+p9 vs .40s&w in small Glocks & Kahrs

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by criley, May 11, 2002.

Tags:
  1. criley

criley

Is there a considerable difference in muzzle flip between the two in the G26 and G27, or between the Kahr P9 covert and P40 covert? Fast followups aren't that easy with either my KelTec 9 or 40 using regular ammo. It would seem that if a person decided to carry +p or +p+ 9mm that it would make the muzzle flip about the same in 9mm and .40s&w. Makes me lean toward the .40s&w.

2. FAL shootist

FAL shootist

I've got a 27 and love it. It took a little while to get used to the recoil just like a light weight Colt Commander in 45 I used to have as a kid (actually I used it as a partial trade on the 27).

Just practice with it on a regular basis. Start off close and deliberate. Before you know it, your moving out to further ranges and shooting faster.

I like the 40 but the truth is that the 9mm works just as well with the right rounds. Its just that there are more right rounds in 40.

3. Pop Gunner

Pop Gunner

I believe the 9mm flips faster and less noticeable.AKA stovepiping a round in 9mm,so grip is important in 9mm.
    I shoot only .40sw,all my buds shoot 9mm.I enjoy the flip,kick,and thought of throwing more lead out the barrel myself.Plus as accurate as 9mm at any distance.
    SAFE-SHOOTING!