P80 mags drops after shot

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Randy B Ellis, May 23, 2020.

1. Randy B Ellis

Randy B Ellis

Hey. I’m not new to glocks but I am new to P80’s (yes I know a p80 isn’t a Glock but uses Glock parts)

I have a P80 build I feel like I am very close to finishing. Every time I fire a round, the magazine falls out and the spent round is stuck. This has been very much a budget build (wife is already mad I spent as much as I did) the mag release did come from eBay. It is solid metal and feels like it holds the mag in very securely.

I have swapped out the get 3 extractor on the trigger housing for a gen 4. I have removed the mag release and the brand new stock Glock mag lines up perfectly with the cut out.

I thought I had pushed the “spring” down too deep and took it out and made sure not to press it so far down but still have the same outcome.

is it something as simple as needing a new mag release? I was looking at the ZEV ones as I have heard great things.
    I have also heard the gen 3 extractors on the slide aren’t that great.

HELP!!! I’m not sure what to focus on!!

2. castroj

castroj

Did you get the p80 lower build kit for it. That is where I would start take it back to its original setup. Then if it does not work call customer service for the P80.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Fortunate Son likes this.

3. jconn465

jconn465

I’ve done two p80 kits, used Oem mag release and slide release and have had zero issues. Also OEM springs,connector and Oem slide parts. Carry On.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Randy B Ellis

Randy B Ellis

Jconn, I honestly thought I’d go the “economy” route and by parts labeled P80 on eBay. I did order a stock extended slide and pin from Glockstore.com. I also ordered a new extractor as I have heard the gen 3’s aren’t that great. We will see with that.

5. Randy B Ellis

Randy B Ellis

I’m pretty sure it’s the spring and mag release. I put an empty mag in and rack the slide. It takes little effort to pull the mag out. The mag isn’t loaded and comes out very easy. I’m now waiting on a new spring and Mag release.

6. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin

Buy a factory mag catch and spring and see if it helps. I've made two P80s (G26 & G19) and used nothing but factory parts. No problems with either of them.

7. jconn465

jconn465

I also initially went with the extended mag release but soon found it to be too long, purchased a standard and . Half the fun is making it work !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk