GlockTalk Forum banner

121 - 140 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
P80
Not what I was expecting.

I hope this doesn’t cause copyright issues with polymer 80.

I saw something on YouTube about a guy building a mustang that got nick named elenore . It wasn’t really a copy of the movie car, just a similar color.
He lost the car, a bunch of money and had to delete his videos.

I can’t think of how many times polymer 80s have been referred to as p80s.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Handled one of these yesterday, not impressed. I guess I don't fully understand the nostalgia and I've owned 3 Glocks, so not new to the brand. IMO, the mag release is terrible in terms of ergonomics (at least in my hand) and the mag barely drops. Guess a "collector" will take that one home; didn't notice the price.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I would love to get a couple myself.
Be nice to have one to collect.
I would put the 2nd on a polymer80 frame.
Blasphemy!!!!

·
Registered
7,305 Posts

·
21,327 Posts
I’m thinking of getting either 3 (consecutive serial) for myself and my boys (leaving them all stock) when they are old enough or just 1 and turning it into a P80C :animlol:

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
I’m thinking of getting either 3 (consecutive serial) for myself and my boys (leaving them all stock) when they are old enough or just 1 and turning it into a P80C :animlol:
U gotta do a C

Reactions: ejjeff

·
21,327 Posts

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
Technically it should look like your 17 pre-C with the elongated oval cut out and 4 ports, no?
Excellent point!! Absolutely correct.

·
"The Goose"
3,259 Posts
I was in the middle of now where this weekend, stopped at pawn shop and the guy had one (it was sold) But yet, my two shops In town have none?

Maybe the call comes in this week

·
troy ounce gold
1,435 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Is it just me or does the P80 retro appear to have a bigger grip than the Gen 1 G17?

I’ve always felt that the Gen 1 G17 had slimmer grip than the other gens.
It sure feels like it to me in the hand. The old 17 feels better/slimmer. Ill get around to taking some measurements soon. I very well could also just be crazy. Any opinion on this Jayman?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I’ve always wanted a gen 1. I know the first run is 10,000 pistols.. gonna be hard to get. I hope they do a retro 19 as well. I plan on grabbing up a 17 and would grab up a 19 as well.

·
21,327 Posts
I’ve always wanted a gen 1. I know the first run is 10,000 pistols.. gonna be hard to get. I hope they do a retro 19 as well. I plan on grabbing up a 17 and would grab up a 19 as well.
Shooting a replica Gen1 19 I imagine would not be as exciting as shooting the real deal. To load up 33 rounds of Federal HST1 124g +P and fire as many down range as you can as quickly as you can would be hard to replicate the excitement and the nausea.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just a heads up for anyone wanting one, I went into Smoky Mountain Guns and Ammo in Sevierville, TN today during lunch. Goof news is they had a p80 on display..... Bad news is they were asking $699 for it.... However, I asked how many they had and I was told "several". As in 10+ is what I was told. If someone is dying to have one, you can call them and they will be glad to ship one. Their website is a little behind showing their stock and not always accurate, but they do have a good number of them in stock.

Reactions: skyvin
121 - 140 of 211 Posts