GlockTalk Forum banner

181 - 200 of 211 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
141 Posts
I found my P80 yesterday and brought it home. I have become a Glock fan boy and this was an irresistable purchase. I came to Glocks late in the game and was looking for a G17 gen 2. I now will prepare to shoot the P80 and remove any doubt about it being unfired. I won't change anything, including the plastic sights. Really, what good is a gun you can't shoot?

·
NRA Life Member
141 Posts
Follow up on my earlier post, I ran a few rounds through the G80 last evening and to no ones surprise, it fired without a problem of any kind and was as accurate at 21 and 50 feet as any pistol I can shoot. I tried Speer Lawman, S&B and Blazer Brass as well as my hand loads with Berry's Plated Bullets. All 124 grain projectiles. Accuracy was good with the smallest group at 7 yards within 1 inch off hand. Great shooting pistol and I will keep it without modification.

·
Registered
639 Posts
My dealer has a couple. Wasn’t paying much attention to it but I handled it and it felt really good. I like the grip texture. Good trigger. Really tight slide to frame fit and barrel lockup. Even tighter then my gen 5 17. Might try to grab 1 tomorrow.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I fired my P80 today for the first time since adding Talon Grips (Pro version) and it transformed the gun. The stock P80 grip is so smooth that I couldn't get a good grip without squeezing extra hard which was causing me to be consistently left. With the new grips, I was very accurate and I had many more right in the bullseye.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Our LGS got another P80 in, so now I have two. This one will stay in the box and never be fired just in case they are actually worth something 20 - 30 years from now. If not, I will have a brand new G17 to use when my first P80 is worn out. I doubt it will be worth a lot, but my wife really wanted to get it just in case.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Outer Box.jpg
Inside Outer Box.jpg
Tupperware.jpg
P80 in Tupperware.jpg
P80 Out .jpg
P80 Slide Close-up.jpg
P80 Certificate of Authenticity.jpg
I got mine for $600 out the door at a local Gun/Pawn Shop. They only had one and had posted it on the site with pictures. This was on Friday and I went in on Monday and it was still there. After looking at it and fondling it, I had to take it home, where it'll become a safe queen. LOL
Mine is prefixed - BRCP

·
Registered
17 Posts
No plastic on mine. It did have cardboard wrapped around it to keep the outer box from getting dinged, but I don’t know if it shipped that way. This one is getting shot and used, so I was okay with it.

FWIW, I asked the owner’s son to keep it wrapped in plastic and they said they would. I know them pretty well, so I figure they would have if it came that way.

·
Registered
228 Posts
No plastic on mine. It did have cardboard wrapped around it to keep the outer box from getting dinged, but I don’t know if it shipped that way. This one is getting shot and used, so I was okay with it.

FWIW, I asked the owner’s son to keep it wrapped in plastic and they said they would. I know them pretty well, so I figure they would have if it came that way.
Mine also has the cardboard sleeve which the first one did not. I'm guessing the second run switched from plastic to cardboard for that reason. That said, mine has a dent in the box. :-(

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did yours have plastic wrap? My first P80 was wrapped which is the one I shoot, but my second did not which is the one I plan to store and keep.
Mine was not wrapped in plastic. It was in the store and on display.

181 - 200 of 211 Posts