Glock Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So as you can see in the video I linked, the slide doesn't fully reset I either have to let it slingshot back and let the force of the spring do the work for me or use my hands and push it back to the front.. I also attached some photos to maybe give you all a better angle

Yes the gun is fully unloaded in both the video and photos.

EDIT: I got it working thank you to all that commented

Attachments

· Registered
3,966 Posts
Other than you restraining the slide, I don't see much wrong. Work the slide fully forward and back several times. Rack it rack it rack it. Let it go forward under the power of the recoil spring. Quit restraining it.

· Registered
11,865 Posts
Outside of cleaning up the barrel block area a bit better, it is possible the trigger bar could be too high and grabbing the slide, same could also be happening with the connector grabbing the right hand part of the slide it rides on. Maybe check for abnormal wear on the bottom of the slide where these components can contact.

You should be able to pull the trigger (while unloaded), hold it back, pull the slide back and slowly ride it home into battery without it hanging up.

· Registered
9,544 Posts
1. Smooth out your channel (where the recoil spring sits). Use a small ball dremel bit to clean it up, sand it, then wet sand the area. That area should be finger tip smooth.

2. Remove the trigger housing and slide release spring, then insert your rear rail and front locking block (with pins) and smooth out the rails on a diamond sand block.

Using only your upper slide (minus barrel or recoil spring) it should move smoothly. This may take a few attempts to reach that point.

3. After you compled both steps, wipe those areas down. Reassemble your lower, add small drops of lube to the front and rear rails, and the upper slide grooves. Reassemble upper and retry it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.