Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First build and the g19 wont cock/go all the way back i think the Barrel supposed to go over the frame right next to where the magazine is so the bullet can enter but it gets stuck on the rail if i hard cock it the Barrel and recoil spring hangout a bit

Glock 19 Nitride Replacement Barrel
Will work in Gen 1-4 builds or Polymer80 PF940C Frames
4150 Nitride Barrel

frame pf940c1
Slide G19 SLIDE GEN 1-3, BLACK NITRIDE, VORTEX VENOM CUT

Coil Networking cables Coil spring Cable Gas
Bumper Tints and shades Vehicle door Wood Automotive exterior
Office equipment Office supplies Automotive design Tints and shades Automotive exterior
Nose Eyelash Jaw Gesture Tints and shades

·
Registered
5,990 Posts
I would speculate the issue to be centered around the LBRS or barrel block improperly cut, but without looking inside the frame with a clear photo it's anyone's guess.

·
Registered
6,494 Posts
Please collect your thoughts and provide a more refined explanation of your issue, along with images that are in focus, particularly of the frame internals with the slide off.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Another one? Are we doing something to attract people who butcher builds?
All forums, channels, and rooms that are remotely relevant are full of these people recently. It looks like making Glock clones from kits became fashionable among the flat-bill hat crowd. So no, "we" (assuming the membership and administration of GlockTalk) aren't doing anything in particular.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
All forums, channels, and rooms that are remotely relevant are full of these people recently. It looks like making Glock clones from kits became fashionable among the flat-bill hat crowd. So no, "we" (assuming the membership and administration of GlockTalk) aren't doing anything in particular.
Damn Jesse James and his phallic suppressors.

·
Registered
9,247 Posts
The area of the wall of polymer you have to cut out forward of the locking block rails needs to be smoothed out very well, your guide rod is probably catching on the frame in that area. Check out the MarineGunBuilder YouTube channel and forums, reddit.com/r/polymer80, and P80 Ralph on YouTube. Try to get some good pictures of that area of the frame.

Another common issue with P80's is people don't get the slide lock spring seated deep enough and it'll stick up and block the guide rod, commonly causing what you showed in your pictures. A great technique for getting it to seat all the way is to get a tiny allen wrench and lift the back end of the spring slightly while pushing down on the muzzle end of the spring that goes down into the frame. If it won't go down all the way there may be plastic shavings down in that slot, the only way I know to clear them out is compressed air from a keyboard duster can. It's better to tape off that slot before plastic shavings start flying everywhere and prevent it beforehand.

·
Registered
99 Posts
What voyager said. The channel the guide rod rests in has to be cut out so it is as wide as the locking block or the spring will get caught on the polymer and not let the slide rack properly. If you leave the barrel and recoil spring out will the slide move back and forth freely? If it does then the problem is the barrel or the recoil spring not working properly.
Marinegunbuilder on youtube is one of the better ones to watch to help you get your build functioning properly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First build and the g19 wont cock/go all the way back i think the Barrel supposed to go over the frame right next to where the magazine is so the bullet can enter but it gets stuck on the rail if i hard cock it the Barrel and recoil spring hangout a bit

4150 Nitride Barrel

frame pf940c1

View attachment 912052 View attachment 912053 View attachment 912054 View attachment 912056 View attachment 912052 View attachment 912053 View attachment 912054 View attachment 912056
Did you figure it out ?

·
Registered
1 Posts

4150 Nitride Barrel

frame pf940c1

View attachment 912052 View attachment 912053 View attachment 912054 View attachment 912056 View attachment 912052 View attachment 912053 View attachment 912054 View attachment 912056
Ok plastic springs are LARGER in dia. Tale slide off, and file the inner round bottom cut out. Take spring, and move it inside that area back and forth untill it clears. No MORE! THE SPRING IN BINDING!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts