P365 owners .. anyone made a "p365X"?? (365XL module)

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Grabbrass, May 31, 2020.

1. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

Just wondering, any of you with a p365 ... have you purchased a 365XL grip module for it and made a "365X"? Seems like would be ideal for those who want the most concealable 3 finger grip. Good trigger, good sights, option for manual safety. And you can always convert back to the small grip if a smaller package is needed.

I've been debating 43X v. 365 for a while in my mind. I've got a good pocket carry piece so I really wanted an less compromised grip for belt carry (no pinky dangle) so I was leaning pretty hard toward the 43X. I guess I must be slow cuz this light bulb about adding the XL grip to the p365 didn't hit me until today. If I do this right at the start and just buy the XL 12+1 mags, won't even hurt the wallet too much.

2. -JCN-

-JCN-

Me. I’ve posted pictures and impressions before.

If you shoot an extended 12 round magazine in a P365 grip for a few thousand rounds it eventually gets a little sloppy and can pinch the little finger when shooting rapidly as it flexes and rocks. That was my primary reason to go for the XL grip.

4C6502C4-48A4-4806-96B3-675C885ACDE0.jpeg

EDIT: Side by side picture. The backstrap hump is subtly different but not enough that I notice. Not like the difference between a G26 with X-grip vs a G19.
    796BC1B5-6AF1-43BE-BFCD-3137E0644A64.jpeg

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    pgg00, fistagon and Grabbrass like this.

3. JimmyCat

JimmyCat

Have P365 and had P365 xl. Both great guns but only kept P365 because I have several holsters for it.

4. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

Thanks for the pic. :thumbsup:

I have heard this before (maybe it was you??) and the 12rd mag for the regular 365 also seems to have a different profile (???). More sharply curved? I dunno, maybe you can speak from experience to that?

I like the flush fit of the XL mags. Never been a fan of extended mags.

5. fistagon

fistagon

I have a few of them as well. To me it is the BEST pocket carry pistol, hands down. It’s she same size as a G43 with the pinky extension 6rd mag in overall height, but holds twice the ammo.

It’s is much smaller than a 43X and you only lose 3rds with the 365X compared to the 43X with the Shield 15rd mags. I’ll take 3 less rds in a significantly smaller package any day.

Grabbrass, GlockPride and -JCN- like this.
  6. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

I only have a 365 so far but always carry the 12 rounder in it. I should get the XL module but I'd also need new base plates or mags. I'll probably end up with an XL too. I have no issue with the 12 round mags in the 365 though.

Any better price out there than $40?

https://osagecountyguns.com/sig-sauer-kit-365xl-grip-mod-blk.html

I wonder when Sig will offer a 365 slide with red dot cutout?

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    -JCN- likes this.
  7. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

FWIW the 365XL has an optics mount. I probably should just get that one, but I think the short dustcover look is butt ugly. (Yeah, I know how petty and picky that sounds.)

-JCN- likes this.
  8. -JCN-

-JCN-

The P365XL is a perfect co-witness with the factory front sight and integrated rear of an RMSc or Romeo Zero.

Due to trigonometry, even when optic cut low a regular P365 doesn’t co-witness with the factory front. I had to go with a custom front (that Dawson now added to their available list after they make the first one).

So if you’re picky about your co-witness, the XL is a really solid choice.

Grabbrass likes this.
  9. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

Hmmm. What are your thoughts on the ergos/position of the manual safety? LuckyGunner was pretty negative on it ... but otherwise loved the gun.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4S7zX7IsfM

cbetts1 and -JCN- like this.
  10. -JCN-

-JCN-

It’s maybe a touch on the slim size but it’s very usable. It’s one of the better safeties out there from an ergos standpoint but it’s not a thumb rest 1911 style (which is arguably the gold standard).

I like them and if you don’t like it, it’s super easy to reversibly remove.

I like a very high on frame hand position so my trigger finger is pretty high on the pivot point... so I don’t like the straight trigger. I swapped mine for a curved one.

Grabbrass likes this.
  11. walke121

walke121

When I had my P365 I always carried the 12 round mag. Now I carry a 43x. Both are great. The Sig has better sights, grip texture, and the trigger is 1000x better than the Glock. The 43x just has something about it I prefer. Fits in my hand perfectly. I like the longer grip and the 15 round mags from Shield make it pretty much my perfect carry gun and this is coming from a HUGE Sig fanboy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grabbrass and -JCN- like this.
  12. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

I have not. I prefer the size of the flush-fit ten-rounder, and am happy to curl my pinky under it. The 12 and 15 round mags both work fine, and if I needed a longer grip, I'd just do the 15-round mag (the 365xl frame may be better, but I don't crave larger, unlike some). My longer mags in my 365 are a little bit wiggly. It isn't bad, but you do feel them wiggle around a bit. My fingers do not get pinched, and they are fine for me to shoot. I just prefer the smallness of the 10-round flush, so haven't really pushed into that realm. If you prefer larger, I'd try both the fixed larger grip of the 365xl frame, but also the 12 or 15 rounder to see what you think. Both would be viable options from my perspective. Good luck.

Grabbrass likes this.
  13. tango44

tango44

I got 365 XL complete slide for my 365, I wanted to try the Romeo 0 and I was lucky to score one on eBay, I use it with the 12 rounds mag for a full grip and is the nicest thing I have!
    Enjoy!

Grabbrass likes this.
  14. Damn_Yankee

Damn_Yankee

Love the combo.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Wasabi and Grabbrass like this.