GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a repost of a thread I posted on Sig Talk. I would just link to it but I realize that some folks don't want to create an account to see the pictures there.

Disclaimer: I'm not a gunsmith, I don't know much, if anything about the internal workings of guns or manual safeties. I'm documenting the process I went through to install a Manual Safety (MS) in my P365, a practice that is not (currently) done by SIG. Having read a few threads online, and looked at a few videos, I decided this was something I could do myself. I'm not advocating or suggesting that anyone attempt this.

Since this will be picture heavy, I'll break it into two posts.

Grip modification. I wanted a one-sided safety, and I saw that Sig Talk user @BudS did that very install on an XL grip. I ordered a regular sized grip and modified it using the measurements in this thread: https://sigtalk.com/p365/364002-fyi-...e-ocg-mgw.html - Buds also gives some great details in that thread.

The attached pics are the grip modification. I used a very small snap saw and an xacto knife. As you can see, the cut wasn't pretty at first, but it did clean up well with sandpaper. My initial thought was to use a drill bit and drill a perfectly sized hole, however after looking at the safety lever I opted for a cut that is similar on the MS grip.

Continued...
p36501.JPG
p36502.JPG
p36503.JPG
p36504.JPG
p36505.JPG
p36506.JPG
p36507.JPG
p36508.JPG
p36509.JPG
p36510.JPG

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lever modification. I needed to cut the right side of the lever off. It isn't needed (if you aren't left handed) and doesn't contribute to the lever staying mounted in the fcu. I used a dremel and cutting wheel. Afterwards I sanded the cut area smooth. The rest of the assembly went smoothly. The lever was stiff at first, however I dropped a very small drop of CLP on it and it smoothed out nicely. It has a nice "snick" when turning the safety on and off.

The safety appears to work, however I haven't test fired the gun yet and will put several hundred rounds through it before carrying it again.

This page has a video on installing the safety lever, spring and detent: https://grayguns.com/product/laser-s...safety-system/
p36511.JPG
p36512.JPG
p36513.JPG
p36514.JPG
p36515.JPG
p36516.JPG
p36517.JPG
p36518.JPG
p36519.JPG
p36520.JPG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts