P365, I joined the crowd

Discussion in 'The Sig Sauer Club' started by FLSlim, Jul 24, 2018.

1. FLSlim

FLSlim

After much reading and shooting another RO's P365, I decided to take the plunge after finding a decent online deal. Picked it up today, field stripped and cleaned, and it is ready for the range later this week. The box is dated 7/6/18 so I am hopeful the it will be bug-free. I have owned/own other micros, including a G26, Ruger LC9s, and a Kahr CW9, and this one seems to fit me much better (and has a much better trigger). But how I shoot it is the most important test. Time will tell.

2. Whittsailor

Whittsailor

Congrats. My Mid April 365 hadn't skipped a beat in almost 700 rounds.

3. GlockTrader45

GlockTrader45

This thread is useless without pics! :)

Congrats on the new addition!

4. bac1023

bac1023

Congrats on your new Sig...

5. Southswede

Southswede

How's your gun working out?

6. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

I'm getting awfully close to pulling the trigger on this purchase as well. From what I understand, the major bugs are worked out. the striker issue was a bad batch of strikers with the wrong material formula, they went with a stronger recoil spring to help those who ride the slide for the failure to go in to battery issue, but I'm not sure if they solved the failure to lock back after the last round problem. I've seen guys shooting one-handed left handed and had the locking back problem, and it seems to be with some mags and not with others. So I'm hoping it was just a mag tolerance issue.

Southswede likes this.
  7. FLSlim

FLSlim

I'm now just past lk rounds through my P365. If I keep my thumb off the slide-stop lever, it locks back on every empty mag. Just to be consistent, with all my pistol shooting I now place my right thumb on top of my left rather than against the slide. Problem solved. I haven't experienced any other issues.

halfmoonclip and Maccabeus like this.
  8. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

As of 11am this morning, I also joined the crowd. P365 Gen2.

Going to the range tomorrow to give it a whirl. It sure fits nice in the pocket with a remora pocket holster.
    IMG_2204.JPG

9. Maccabeus

Maccabeus

It's great to hear the success stories. I've been watching the P365 reports as I love the idea of such a compact pistol.

I recently saw a poll from a Sig site (a version is here on GT, too, but I didn't bother to search) which showed these numbers:

upload_2018-9-21_15-4-52.png

Those aren't great odds for getting a reliable defense gun. (Unfortunately, it doesn't sort out early build dates from more recent build dates).

I had decided to hold off for now and opted to upgrade my G26 from gen 3 to gen 5 instead.

The G26.5 has been terribly problematic. In the first 250 rounds, I couldn't get through a magazine without a failure of one sort or another. After coming back from Glock, it's down to only 1 failure per 60 rounds or so. Not quite the perfection I've experienced with my other Glocks.

Probably should have just bought a P365.

jazzsax8 and Big1 like this.
  10. Big1

Big1

I like mine P365 now but after sending it in twice it's good now still need to keep an eye on it I was the gun store looking at the Gen4 I think that the Gen4 is going to be my next gun.

Maccabeus likes this.
  11. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

As I said, I picked one up yesterday morning. Shot 200 rounds last night at the range, a mix of Ammovalley 115gr round nose FMJ and Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P. FLAWLESS. Not ONE malfunction. I even had my wife shoot it (She's 100 lbs) and I'm sure there she made several limp waisted shots...again, FLAWLESS. We'll see how it goes, but so far so good. And yes, equal rounds through both mags. And I thought I would need the 12 round mag to get a good grip, but no, I LOVE the flush 10 round mag. Great ergonomics on this little pocket pistol.

halfmoonclip, jazzsax8 and Maccabeus like this.
  12. Maccabeus

Maccabeus

That's great news, you should be pleased. Congrats! :D

(It makes me, however, more annoyed at my G26.5! :steamed: )

halfmoonclip likes this.
  13. MurrayNevada

MurrayNevada USMC (MOS 0369) (RVN 69-70)

I liked my P365 (born 7/15/18) and bought a second one (Born 9/14/18). I believe the bugs were worked out and it is good to go. Others may differ and they are entitled to do so.

14. DADoser

DADoser

That was a poll I started on both forums. I joined the crowd 7/19 buying a 5/15 build date. Had to send mine back - but 700+ flawless rounds since getting it back. I'd have no problem buying a second one with a current build date. I don't shoot it quite as well as my Glock 43 - but probably good enough for self defense situations/distances.

15. dsa1115

dsa1115

I have a 7/6/18 build date on my P365, have 925 flawless rounds through it, and it’s currently my favorite carry pistol. Love the trigger. Also love the IWB holster I bought off Sig’s website....a little pricey but very adjustable and comfortable. Amazed a pistol so compact can carry 13 rounds.

E1DF0A41-A9A7-48DC-B91F-AFDF1F343F99.jpeg

jazzsax8 and tic-tok-GLOCK like this.
  16. Ken43

Ken43

I just bought a P365 and the built date was 10 day ago. Just came out of the factory. Went to the range today it shot great. Locked back on every empty mag. I am really satisfied.

17. Delndskyjmpr

Delndskyjmpr

Shot a buddies yesterday and like it a heck of a lot more than my 43. More than likely will pick one up myself.

halfmoonclip and jazzsax8 like this.
  18. eagle359

eagle359 Glock Fanboi

I picked up one Saturday, have not shot it yet. Both the guys at my LGS were carrying a P365. Date on box is 11/6/2018.

jazzsax8 likes this.
  19. Delndskyjmpr

Delndskyjmpr

You should definitely like it..... so my likes over the 43. Since it’s really not much bigger, double the mag capacity, exceptionally lite and compared to shooting the 43, I was surprised how soft it shot. The 43 is pretty snappy. Also the texturing Sig did was a hit with me and helped keep the gun seated in my hand without wanting to slide around. Really the only gripe I had, the nite sights, I just prefer an orange dot, but that’s an easy fix if I get one. Overall, really impressed with the Sig and think it’d make an awesome lil carry gun.

halfmoonclip and jazzsax8 like this.
  20. halfmoonclip

halfmoonclip

Finally got one myself; October build date. Mine has been 100% so far on everything from my 1100+ reloads to snakeshot. (500-odd rounds) The only issue was with with Gold Dot 124+p; had a misfire; I think the slide wasn't quite in battery.
    I can shoot it better than my 43, and the ability to use snakeshot will make it fine for hiking.
    The grip texture is grippy, tho' I tend to leave DNA evidence on it. Love the gun, and will likely get a second one...especially when the manual safety version finally comes out.
    Do we know the build dates for the bad firing pins?
    Moon