Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
"You don't get what you don't ask for."
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have both the P30SK and the P2000SK and I found that I like my P2000SK much better and the reason is that my groups are much tighter without having to do anything differently between the two.

I think that based on the size of my hands, the way the P30SK grip fits my hands is less than ideal. I'm contemplating the purchase of mag extenders for the mag floor plate so I can have a pinky land like the P2000SK.

I'm curious if you like one better than the other and why.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I bought the P30sk over the P2000sk because I liked the way the P30sk felt in my hand. I find the P30sk with the side panels and back strap option has a better fit for me than the P2000sk. I like shooting the P30sk better than my USPc. It just feels great in my hand.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
The P30sk seems to fit my hand comfortably, especially when I use the 15 round mag and spacer.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I like both... I just recently got a nice used P2000sk LEM with nites already installed... now I'm Gonna have to fight the urge NOT to by a VP9sk....

Haven't shot the P2000sk yet, but if it shoots as sweeet as my P2000 LEM... it's gonna be nice!

·
Banned
8,027 Posts
I chose the P2Ksk because I have a P2K I love. That and the P2K is offered in three cartridges and the VPsk and P30sk are only offered in 9mm.

·
NRA Life Member
5,200 Posts
I have and like both.
My P2000Sk is a 40.
With 180 gr rounds it groups better in my hands than the P30SK with 147 gr 9mm.
So guess which one I carry more often?
I just got a used one today.....V3

·
NRA Life Member
5,200 Posts
I have a P2K v3 in 40 with an OEM 357 barrel. I love it. So much that I got a P2Ksk v3 yesterday in 40. I am a bit pissed at an online vendor however. I wanted to get a 357 barrel for it. Before I went and picked up the sk I ordered a 357 barrel and a few mags. Said they were in stock obviously, got a payment confirmation email saying they had everything and it was being processed. Just got an email 20 minutes ago saying not a single thing I ordered was in stock and they had no clue if or when they would be.

I would still choose 40 over 9 and always do. Which is why I have not even considered a P30sk. If you planned to convert a 40 to 357, I'd say there is no chance of getting a new 357 barrel for it. I looked for weeks online to find that place that supposedly had it in stock. The prices for 357 barrels and P2Ksk pistols marked 357 are insanely high priced and used. There are a few new 357 barrels but I'm not paying over $350 shipped for a barrel.

All of that being said, I bought my P2K two years ago. I could have bought a P30 in 40 if I wanted to. I like the size of the P2K over the P30. I made the right choice. If the P30SK is offered in 40, I won't get one. The P2K series is awesome. They are made entirely in Germany, not sure about the P30 series but many other HK's are not made entirely in Germany.
Hkwebstore has barrels for $189...

·
NRA Life Member
5,200 Posts
I have and like both.
My P2000Sk is a 40.
With 180 gr rounds it groups better in my hands than the P30SK with 147 gr 9mm.
So guess which one I carry more often?
What brand of 180 do you shoot.....Gold dots or HST

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
I have a P2K v3 in 40 with an OEM 357 barrel. I love it. So much that I got a P2Ksk v3 yesterday in 40. I am a bit pissed at an online vendor however. I wanted to get a 357 barrel for it. Before I went and picked up the sk I ordered a 357 barrel and a few mags. Said they were in stock obviously, got a payment confirmation email saying they had everything and it was being processed. Just got an email 20 minutes ago saying not a single thing I ordered was in stock and they had no clue if or when they would be.

I would still choose 40 over 9 and always do. Which is why I have not even considered a P30sk. If you planned to convert a 40 to 357, I'd say there is no chance of getting a new 357 barrel for it. I looked for weeks online to find that place that supposedly had it in stock. The prices for 357 barrels and P2Ksk pistols marked 357 are insanely high priced and used. There are a few new 357 barrels but I'm not paying over $350 shipped for a barrel.

All of that being said, I bought my P2K two years ago. I could have bought a P30 in 40 if I wanted to. I like the size of the P2K over the P30. I made the right choice. If the P30SK is offered in 40, I won't get one. The P2K series is awesome. They are made entirely in Germany, not sure about the P30 series but many other HK's are not made entirely in Germany.
Bought my P2000SK 357 Sig barrel directly from Hk.
Hk has been producing 357 replacement barrels with date codes
later than when they discontinued producing guns in that caliber.
You can still get new 357 Sig barrels for P2000, P2000SK & USPc.

·
Banned
8,027 Posts
Hkwebstore has barrels for $189...
Bought my P2000SK 357 Sig barrel directly from Hk.
Hk has been producing 357 replacement barrels with date codes
later than when they discontinued producing guns in that caliber.
You can still get new 357 Sig barrels for P2000, P2000SK & USPc.
Thank you both but I believe I checked both and they were out. I have heard they stopped making the P2000sk 357 barrels in 2013. Has anyone seen a BE barrel? The latest I've seen is BD.

·
Banned
8,027 Posts

·
Banned
8,027 Posts
Seems only one place actually has them and they're very proud of them. It also seems that place has deal going with RCM, the only maker of aftermarket HK barrels I know of. They offer 357 barrels for every .40 HK made I believe (I know they make them for the P30, P30L and VP40) but no P2000sk barrel. They even offer them threaded which is pretty rare for 357 barrels. If I wasn't so skeptical I probably would not think they will be on the market right after the HK barrels are sold out. The RCM barrels are high quality, I have a threaded P2K barrel in 40. They are also $80 less from RCM than the other place.

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Seems only one place actually has them and they're very proud of them. It also seems that place has deal going with RCM, the only maker of aftermarket HK barrels I know of. They offer 357 barrels for every .40 HK made I believe (I know they make them for the P30, P30L and VP40) but no P2000sk barrel. They even offer them threaded which is pretty rare for 357 barrels. If I wasn't so skeptical I probably would not think they will be on the market right after the HK barrels are sold out. The RCM barrels are high quality, I have a threaded P2K barrel in 40. They are also $80 less from RCM than the other place.
I've got a RCM 357 Barrel for my P30.
Shoots low and FTFs.
Can't recommend them.

My recommendation is to go with OEM Hk.
Full Disclosure: I do have a Jarvis that works fine in my USPT45- LOL
Heckler & Koch - P2000SK 357 SIG barrel, 3.27" - $175.13 In Stock
http://www.bigcountrysportinggoods.com/heckler-koch-p2000sk-357-sig-barrel-3-27-202688/

1 - 20 of 23 Posts