Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the H&K P30SK V3. When the last round is fired, the slide is always shut. Is that normal for a SA/DA HK? I've watched YouTube videos of reviews and saw it happen to others. My first HK, purchased new in July. Just wondering.

·
Premium Member
22,835 Posts
I have the H&K P30SK V3. When the last round is fired, the slide is always shut. Is that normal for a SA/DA HK? I've watched YouTube videos of reviews and saw it happen to others. My first HK, purchased new in July. Just wondering.
The gun should lock back. Check your grip and make sure you're not resting your thumb on the slide stop. That's a common issue, especially guns like the P30 where the slide stop is further o the rear. Not sure why they decided to do that on the P30, as it's not that way on the USP or p2000.

On my P30 (full size), I was able to buy the slide stop of a P30S (safety model). It's shorter, and further away from my thumb. Before that, I had the same issue as you.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The gun should lock back. Check your grip and make sure you're not resting your thumb on the slide stop. That's a common issue, especially guns like the P30 where the slide stop is further o the rear. Not sure why they decided to do that on the P30, as it's not that way on the USP or p2000.

On my P30 (full size), I was able to buy the slide stop of a P30S (safety model). It's shorter, and further away from my thumb. Before that, I had the same issue as you.
Thank you. I thought that might be the case, have tried to be cognizant of that; however, because I shoot with two thumbs forward and once the gun goes bang, I never think about it again until I pull the trigger and it just goes click. I'll bet your right. I'll test it firing with only right hand on the gun and see what happens.

·
"You don't get what you don't ask for."
327 Posts
This is a known issue with the P30SK. I've had it happen on mine and you can find YouTube videos with others saying the same. It usually happened to me with 115gr but I try to use 124gr most of time for break in. Not sure how much of a difference that really makes, but I've only been buying handguns since January this year and the several I've bought seem to be breaking in nicely. Speaking of... I think I need to hit the range today! ;)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is a known issue with the P30SK. I've had it happen on mine and you can find YouTube videos with others saying the same. It usually happened to me with 115gr but I try to use 124gr most of time for break in. Not sure how much of a difference that really makes, but I've only been buying handguns since January this year and the several I've bought seem to be breaking in nicely. Speaking of... I think I need to hit the range today! ;)
Thank you. Enjoy your range time. Will go look for YouTube vid before preseason NFL starts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts