Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a mint condition HK P2000sk, V3, and a guy wants trade even for his P30/.40 DA/SA, safety and decocker. You guys think that’s a fair exchange? I usually carry a hammerless Ruger SP-101 in 357 in Summer and G4/Glock 29 when it gets cooler. Thought I’d keep 1 HK I can take out like a stripper when the wife’s out of town. Just get that glitter off you fly before she gets home :couch:

·
JAFO
4,644 Posts
I’m a p2000sk guy, no experience with the P30. I wouldn’t do it. Money wise it could be fairly close, though I think I’m content with the slightly older crop of H&K guns, USPc, etc..
Same here.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,135 Posts
I’ve got a mint condition HK P2000sk, V3, and a guy wants trade even for his P30/.40 DA/SA, safety and decocker. You guys think that’s a fair exchange? I usually carry a hammerless Ruger SP-101 in 357 in Summer and G4/Glock 29 when it gets cooler. Thought I’d keep 1 HK I can take out like a stripper when the wife’s out of town. Just get that glitter off you fly before she gets home :couch:
Several considerations;

Do you want a larger pistol? The P30 is about the same size as a Glock 19X.

Do you want a 40S&W pistol? Having a 40 means you could also convert it to 9mm and/or 357sig if that was of interest.

Both of course are great pistols. I have a P30 V3 in 9mm and like it quite well. However, if I had the opportunity I would trade if for a P30 in 40S&W so that I could also have 9mm/357sig options. I already have a P30sk so the sub-compact department is covered.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Completely your call, either way you'll have a great HK pistol, good luck! I probably wouldn't do it but that's easy for me to say, I have them both!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
For me I would say no as I have no use for .40 caliber. I find the ergonomics much nicer on the P30 than the P2000 but also as Deputy Dave pointed out the P30 will be significantly larger than your 2000SK. If you don't plan to carry it, then I guess it wouldn't matter. But as just a range toy, I think the P30 would be easier to shoot due to the longer grip.

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
Keep the P2000sk. I have one in .40 and a P30sk in 9mm. I greatly prefer the P2000sk.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Many folks prefer the P2000sk and many more do not apparently.....local shop has 10 P2000sk's used for sale identical V1's.....they say folks just don't want them.......Shooter's gun store Columbus, Georgia....about 2.5miles from the Columbus, GA Heckler and Koch factory.....If they stay in stock I may low ball them an offer to see it they'll move on their price of 599 each....with only one magazine included on each.... (706) 568-9313.....give them a call if you're in the market....they also have a few new ones in stock but they will not budge off of MSRP unless your a member their gun shop or military which discounts to 5%....

Reactions: pag23
1 - 12 of 12 Posts