Home > Firearms Forums > General Firearms Forum > P239 SAS Gen 1

P239 SAS Gen 1

1. All the chatter about the P239 being discontinued by Sig I realized I didn't have one, so I went to looking for my favorite version. P239 9mm SAS/DAK. This one is truly mint. Three mags plus one left over that I found in my holster drawer, so I have that covered pretty well. Handsome Sig IMO.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. It looks great in Two Tone with the wood grips. Congratulations. I am glad I got mine when I did.

3. This one is truly mint. :agree:

4. I like the wood grips on the Gen 1. I remember someone posted an all blued one and it reminded me of an old school revolver.

5. That is a beauty, love the P239! Congrats.

6. Very nice indeed

Congrats! :cool:

7. Thanks fellows. Barely has a smilie on the barrel and the rails are pristine. Soon as our weather clears ,( getting pretty tired of rain), I'm off to the range to shoot the shine off it.

8. Nice pistol! Reminds me of my P232. Does the 239 have a decocker?

9. Vic, this one doesn't . It is a DAK version , double action Kellerman (hope I spelled that right). So named after the gentleman who designed the action. They are however available and most commonly sold as DA/SA which does have the decocker. The DAK is a form of double action only, pulling the trigger cocks the hammer and releases it thus the double action. Did I explain that correctly , if not someone will be along shortly that knows more than I do to help.

10. Will look good along side the big brother, my P229 SAS/DAK. This one has the best trigger of any DAK I have shot.

[​IMG]

11. Wow, another nice one! Looks like a bobbed hammer? Looks like a great pistol for safe and easy re-holstering with the thumb over the hammer.

12. Smart man. 239 is awesome.

13. I had one in 40 S&W and I thought it was little heavy to carry concealed, so I got a Glock 26 .
    Now I may have to find P239 again?.....(this time in 9mm.)

14. Both of those are sharp! I'm a fan of the 239, bulky for a single stack by modern standards, but that's what makes it such a sweet shooter.

15. Kudos. That's my primary CCW. I put some Hogues on it and it's just fine. I picked up a bunch of mags for last week. They're in short supply but I was at a shop picking up a 220 Elite and he just happened to have some 239 mags. He didn't even know how short the supply was. I saw one on fleabay for, believe it or not, $329. Others go for ~$100. Gunbroker is less.