Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
1,570 Posts
Excellent combat service pistol that belongs in the holster of a soldier or policeman. Great shooter, accurate, reliable though a bit bulky for my medium hands.

· Watcher.
41,318 Posts
It's a SA/DA ss .45 acp,a solid pistol.I don't like the cap but I can't fault the pistol for it.I'm getting ready to buy a p227,It's the only sig I've wanted.Our local pd carried p220s for years and had liked them,they went from sig to glock and I'd say 90% bought there's back when the switch happened.'08.

· Registered
3,910 Posts
great pistol.
I know I will take a lot of heat for this,
but if I could only have 1 metal 45 ACP, I would take it over a 1911 platform,
from my experience, it will eat any ammo, accurate and reliable.

· Premium Member
5,929 Posts
Sounds great! I looked at summit, but didn't see the deal you cite. I would be interested in one for that price!

· Registered
1,207 Posts
Agree with the positive comments from above. I bought one on a whim. Used police trade in, 2008 s/n, very dim sites---and it has become one of my favorites. Sigs are kinda like glocks in that they are built like tanks and very easy to take apart and work with.

· Registered
1,452 Posts
I carried a Sig P220 for twenty years when I worked for the guh-ment. It made me completely forget about the M1911A1 I carried as an MP. It is accurate, relatively light, easy to conceal (well, pretty easy), and is built like a Swiss watch. I used my duty gun for competitions for years and rarely qualified at less than 95%. It was effective as hell, but not without flaws. The very earliest models (including all Browning BDAs) had heel-type mag releases. Also, the variants with carbon steel slides were prone to corrosion. Lastly, older models don't incorporate light rails if that matters to you. I don't have one now for one reason and one reason only...a new model with a stainless slide, night sights, and a light rail costs about $1,100...

I'm leaning toward a Glock 30...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.