close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

P16-10 vs. Glock 20.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by $tinger, Jul 19, 2006.

1. $tinger

$tinger

Which pistol is the most reliable and accurate of the two? I already have a G20, and I don't want to waste my money if the 20 can do everything as well as a P16 or better. What about the G29 vs. a compact version of the P16 if there is one?

2. outofstep

outofstep

Totaly different grip angles and feel all around. The Para triggers kick the **** out of the Glock trigger. Size wise, the P14 is just a hair physicaly larger than a G19. Wider grip and about 1/4 inch longer slide. It does weight about twice as much though. But thats the whole metal/plastic deal.

3. $tinger

$tinger

I shot the LDA 14-45 before, and it does kill the Glock's trigger. Which one is more reliable and accurate though?

4. outofstep

outofstep

Reliable? It's pretty hard to beat a Glock in that category.

Accurate? Probably boils down to personal shooting preferance. I shoot 1911s more accurately than I do my Glocks. But I can bring my Glocks back on target faster. :dunno:

5. NordicG3K

NordicG3K 10mm Addict

These are two totally different platforms, but if you have to compare then I would say...

Price - Glock (almost two-for-the-price-of-one by the time you get done setting up the Para).
    Reliability - Glock is going to be better out of the box, but the Para can be made reliable.
    Carryability - Both are big guns, but the Glock is lighter.
    Trigger - Para, if you're willing to carry cocked-n-locked.
    Accuracy - Glock is accurate enough, but the Para can be made more accurate.
    Cool Factor - A G20 is cool, but there's somethin' about a hi-cap 1911 10mm that just says, "DAMN!"

Like I said, the Glock and the Para are two totally different guns. If you're one of those that hates tupperware and was brought up with 1911s then the Para is the way to go. I think the final decision comes down to personal preference and wallet thickness. :supergrin:

6. freakshow10mm

freakshow10mm 10mm Advocate

Haven't shot a G20, but I do own a Glock. The trigger does suck. I do have a Para 10mm also.

In order to "convert" a Para P16*40 to 10mm all you need to do is ream the barrel out to 10mm Auto specs. Bob at Hunter Customs did my Para barrel and it only cost me $67 to ream, stamp chamber, and return mail.

Anything else I have done to it was just for my personal preference. I bought my Para for a project. This is getting pimped out, if you will. I am doing sights, meltdown, hard chrome. Then I am going to work on my next project with it and already have another project planned after that. I am an impulse buyer with a 10mm sickness and never ending projects in mind. Well after these two are done I will have three different guns out of my Para.

Price: Used Paras go for $425-450 on the net. Setup is only $67 to spec to 10mm. A good shopper can get it done for less than $500.

Reliability: True. Para is known for less than stellar mags. All my kinks are worked out now (mag related fail to feed). I have about 500 rounds through it since 10mm conversion, about 1400 rounds total (900 by previous owner). For out of the box, don't want to mess with it, go Glock. If you don't mind a couple hundred rounds of breaking in time, go Para.

Carryability: Gun weighs about 56-58 ounces loaded, or about 3.6#. Get a good belt and holster. I carry mine 12-14 hours a day.

Trigger: My trigger came with a C&S kit. I added a flat trigger and it pulls at about 3#. C&L is no big deal.

Accuracy: I get about 2"-2.5" groups at 15y with DT.

Cool Factor: 18+1 in 10mm is pretty cool. I have yet to empty my gun in less than 4.5 seconds. Lots of round to shoot.

There were P12,14,15 versions (3,3.5,4.25") of the P16. Check around. Few and far between. Didn't sell real well. The P10 series is a crapshoot. More unreliable ones than reliable ones.