close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

P-Mags

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by CHEF-LOU, Mar 3, 2010.

1. CHEF-LOU

CHEF-LOU

My 5 P-Mags finally arrived from the Smith & Wesson M&P15 promotion. Now if this Blankety Blanken snow would go away so I can get to my range. Can't wait to try em out.

2. SIGShooter

SIGShooter Hucklebucks

Let me know how they work out for you.

I have been tossing around the idea of completely outfitting my rifles with the PMAGS and ditching the standard issue mags I have.

I would appreciate it.

3. mikeyU

mikeyU

I would like to switch completely to Pmags, just the cost of buying them is holding me back.

4. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

So far I have 14 window PMAGS.........So far.

:thumbsup:

5. Jon_R

Jon_R

I have all sorts of different mags to include Pmags Window, non windowm all the different colors... Never had any trouble with whatever ones I grabbed.

I spent a lot of time loading them this week. I have a class on Sunday where the round count is supposed to be 700 rounds. I loaded enough mags during the breaks I can relax and should not have to load any mags for the entire class.

6. kabob983

kabob983 "Mostly" Dead

They're not that much more than standard issue GI mags (assuming you're going for something like D&H or Okay), maybe 30% extra. But with better durability (assuming you're rough on your mags) and function methinks it's worth the price. All I have now are PMags.

7. Jon_R

Jon_R

Do you have any issues with Mag Pouches. The base of the PMags are much bigger then standard GI mags and I have found some pouches don't work if you are putting them base up and need to have them right next to each other. Just something to consider if you have pouches you like.

8. MStarmer

MStarmer In Jail...

They were just on sale $12 each. Black non windowed rev M. Check the for sale listings. I was thinking about switching all mine too.

9. smokin762

smokin762

I sold all of my aluminum magazines and replaced them with P-Mags. I have not had any problems with mine. I also bought four 20 round P-Mags for the range. I am glad I made the change. I also like how you can take the dust cover off and snap it on the bottom of the magazine so you don’t lose it.

I bought two double mag pouches for my AR10 from Eagle. The 30 round P-Mags fit in those pouches just fine without to much play. These pouches were also cheaper then the pouches for the AR15.:dunno:

10. kabob983

kabob983 "Mostly" Dead

They can be an issue but if you buy gear that you know will work with PMags it's a non-issue. I don't plan on running a truck over any of my mags or anything but knowing that I can drop them on the ground without worrying about it breaking is a nice thought.

Heck, they're $14.20 w/$.01 shipping at AIM Surplus every day. Still, $12 is nice, I'll have to go browse.

11. StoneDog

StoneDog

I have 4 of the olive drab 20 rounders. I use them exclusively at the range and so far no problems.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  12. DougW

DougW Native Texan

The last 10 mags I have bought are P Mags. All I am using right now for matches. I have a quantity of USGI, Brownell's, Armalite, C-Products SS, and some Orlite's to go along with my one H&K mag, but all I usually use are the P Mags.

13. akgunnut

akgunnut

I have ten PMags for my M&P15 and five of them are the free ones from S&W and the other 5 are the black window mags. I haven't tried the free ones yet but I imagine they are every bit as good as the other 5 I have.

Magpul stuff rocks!

14. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I have a few PMags but for those of you who want to get rid of your other mags, I'll gladly provide a good home for them.

15. furioso2112

furioso2112

I have a few aluminum mags, but most of them came with complete guns and satyed in their wrappers. Every time I have bought or built an AR-type rifle, I have bought 15 PMags for it. That's just a numbe that seemed reasonable to me. I also did that with my Glocks...although that was almost 2 years ago, when new factory Glock mags were $13 with free shipping from Natchez.