Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,
I recently purchased a P9, and made a successful break-in period trip to the range last weekend. I've combed through the manual a few times, and maybe I'm just too tired from work crap all day, but I can't seem to find anywhere in the manual where it states if +P+ ammo is OK or not. I'd like to run Buffalo Bore +P+ 147 Grain JHP for DC. Obviously other than the obligatory test rounds, this is not something I plan to cycle very often. I'm currently carrying 115 Grain Critical Defense. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
DB

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have a kahr pm9 and +p+ is condemned in that manual, that being said I am unaware of any 9 where the use of such ammunition is encouraged. As long as you use it sparingly it should not be a problem.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I have a P9 and I regularily run Corbon 115's through it. It will no doubt digest the BB 147's but it will cause excessive wear. You may want to fire it in the dark as well and see if your eyes recover from the flash. A big downside unless you will always be shooting it in the daylight. This is something that is often overlooked when trying to amp up your cartrige choice to max performance. Blinded by the light..... not a good thing. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. There are a lot of other rounds out there. The Corbon round has pretty low flash in the dark, an advantage, and still a very potent round for SD. Not the only choice though. My P9 loves them so that is what I feed it.
I worked up a load a while back using speer 147 GDHP's from min pressure to max and never really got fair performance out of my P9. They fly great out of my carbine though.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I have one the first Kahr P9 made. I never kept detailed records but I have shot a lot of +P, +p+ in 115 & 124 grains bullets. 1000's of reloads and 115 ball ammo. It has NEVER failed to worked EVER! I guess I could read the manual and get back with you if you want.

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
+p+ 147????? where did that come from? And how fast does it move. I may have a new SD round for My USP....

If I have a choice between bigger or faster in, 9mm, I usually go faster. But if I can have big AND fast - oh boy!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Raven
12,747 Posts
The pistol will take it, there is no doubt of that. You'll probably wear it out faster, though. And the recoil might be messy.

Also, I'm no expert on 9mm, but in these snubby little Kahrs, bigger isn't always better as sometimes you don't have the velocity for optimal performance. Might not be such a problem with the 9mm round, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts