GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
11,872 Posts
Ill make fun of them, but they rally are a non issue to me.
Just dont click on them, and if there are so many that it becomes a chore to find legitimate posts, I log off and come back in an hour or two. They are usually gone by then.

besides that, I keep hoping one of these spam ads will feature a new liberal repellant!

Reactions: jimcorbin

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Click Report TriAngle, it will be gone soon, the SPAMMER that is. Mods do not live for playing policemen, spammer are everywhere. Like FORUM HEMMORIDS, big pains in backside,

·
Just lack finishing up
3,386 Posts
I don’t think so. I put them on my ignore list then refresh to cruise GT. Then a day or two later, I unignore them and they are gone. I don’t like it but I don’t pay to be a member so I’m not going to complain too hard. Hope a solution is found soon.
Brilliant, easy and it works. Thank you!

·
Sarcasm Inc.
15,085 Posts
Doesn't that account belong to joe Biden?

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
I don’t know why you guys are quick to hate on the India love gurus. I ordered some love cream and have been using it for a month. I now have 5 wieners and my pants fit like a glove!
Gt post of the day, and it's not even lunchtime yet.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
These +91 posts are unacceptable and probably dangerous.
True, but don't take it out on moderators ('... do your job ....').
Problem always is figuring out how to automatically ID and kill the humanly-obvious spam from valid users. There might be some web site scripts that mods could get implemented by their web hosting provider that could help.

Maybe something like limiting number of posts in a short timeframe to stop robot-posting, maybe giving a little more leeway to users who have been registered a long time or have certain number of likes.

Someone has previously mentioned some kind of penalty box or frequently-cleaned junk box.

Guess is that this will take some scripting and computer power and maybe some paid web consulting time to write and get implemented.

As stated, you can put them in your ignore list, though that's getting tiresome.

The statement made in another post that mods might be getting some kind of kickback from these obviously foreign, site-privilege-abusing posts is ludicrous and possibly another 'L' word.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Where are you guys reading this posters sheet,, I have never seen it but I only look in this section,, I'm just curious that is all Link Me Por Favor ?

·
Previously Will Beararms
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
one night awhile ago nearly the whole New Post page was filled with them. i went a few pages in for awhile, they were gone pretty quickly. i won't click on them... i a little paranoid about them...
Yep. You can look on new posts at any given time and they may be a large percentage of the new posts. I’ll ignore them.

Reactions: mj9mm

·
Crusty Member
10,691 Posts
These +91 posts are unacceptable and probably dangerous.
I'm only a co-mod for the GSSF forum, but I just realized I can swing the ban-hammer for infractions in other forums. This is the second user I've killed today. The other was foolish enough to start their spamming in the GSSF forum.

·
Crusty Member
10,691 Posts
True, but don't take it out on moderators ('... do your job ....').
Problem always is figuring out how to automatically ID and kill the humanly-obvious spam from valid users. There might be some web site scripts that mods could get implemented by their web hosting provider that could help.

Maybe something like limiting number of posts in a short timeframe to stop robot-posting, maybe giving a little more leeway to users who have been registered a long time or have certain number of likes.

Someone has previously mentioned some kind of penalty box or frequently-cleaned junk box.

Guess is that this will take some scripting and computer power and maybe some paid web consulting time to write and get implemented.

As stated, you can put them in your ignore list, though that's getting tiresome.

The statement made in another post that mods might be getting some kind of kickback from these obviously foreign, site-privilege-abusing posts is ludicrous and possibly another 'L' word.
I hope you guys realize that most (all?) of the moderators are non-paid volunteers. I get nothing from anyone for anything I do here. I volunteered because I like the site and wanted to help make it better.

·
AAAMAD
30,420 Posts
I don’t know why you guys are quick to hate on the India love gurus. I ordered some love cream and have been using it for a month. I now have 5 wieners and my pants fit like a glove!

But that’s because you bought a 6 pack of ball park franks and swelled up till your pants look painted on.

·
AAAMAD
30,420 Posts
Easy solution - require a $5.00 PayPal payment to open an account. Brings in some hosting cash and eliminates the vast majority of the scum ...

You think people would pay to post here?

All that idea would do is hasten the end of this forum.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts