Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
troy ounce gold
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All my GLOCKs were acquired NIB from 1988 thru 2017 except for 1. In 2005, I acquired a used G19 gen3 frame (GYZxxx - 04/2005) for use as a dedicated lower for an AA 22LR Conversion kit. 10 years later in 2015, I acquired a used G19 gen3 upper (ZTFxxx - 06/2015) which is now permanently mated to each other. That sums up to a FrankenGLOCK 10 years in the making.
Anybody else own mismatched serial GLOCK?
White Grey Font Gas Rectangle

·
PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
11,839 Posts
The only mismatched parts I ever had was when a defective blazer alum round ruined a g-26 barrel...Glock replaced it with a different number stamped on it

·
troy ounce gold
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only mismatched parts I ever had was when a defective blazer alum round ruined a g-26 barrel...Glock replaced it with a different number stamped on it
Is it the standard GLOCK OEM replacement barrel serial number L#####?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Yeah my 23 factory Glock barrel SN doesn’t Mach the one in my frame

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
I had me of the 2nd Gen G 23’s that had the cracked frame. I sent it in and they asked if I wanted the matching serial number + 1 or if I would be okay with a different numbered frame. I took the different numbered frame. It still shoot the same but I do like the 2nd Gen grip better. I’ve been putting off buying a 5th Gen but I think I’ll ask for one for my birthday or Christmas.

·
troy ounce gold
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wish that Glock would stop putting serial nos on their slides and barrels. No reason for it.
I know CZ does it, as well.

·
troy ounce gold
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah my 23 factory Glock barrel SN doesn’t Mach the one in my frame
Did your barrel have the L##### serial or does it match the slide serial?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Out of all my Glocks one is a mis match. About 3 years ago I was in a gun shop/gun range about an hour from the house. In the corner of the used pistol display there was a glock slide. I looked at it closely it was an older tenifer G17 bare slide, with barrel. Looking closely at it the barrel and slide were mint very little wear. Asked how much. Guy said 85.00, I knew the barrels worth more than that. It also came with the plastic sights ( which I personally like) plastic factory guide rod/recoil spring. I sent the slide to Glock. They fitted the new parts. And bought a new take off frame ( a four letter prefix Austrian frame) . So now have a mismatched Glock pistol. And it works.

·
troy ounce gold
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had me of the 2nd Gen G 23’s that had the cracked frame. I sent it in and they asked if I wanted the matching serial number + 1 or if I would be okay with a different numbered frame. I took the different numbered frame. It still shoot the same but I do like the 2nd Gen grip better. I’ve been putting off buying a 5th Gen but I think I’ll ask for one for my birthday or Christmas.
Was the factory frame replacement serial G#####?

·
troy ounce gold
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GLOCK manufactured replacement frames, slides and barrels do carry the single letter prefix G, S, and L followed by four numbers. G prefix for frame is the 1st letter in the German word for frame, and likewise with S for slide and L for barrel.

·
troy ounce gold
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Built a few out of parts. No big deal.
Ever build a full GLOCK from OEM factory parts such that the serial on frame, slide and barrel are G####, S####, L#### respectively?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
The reason that Glock puts the serial numbers on the frame, slide, and barrel is because they sell worldwide. Some countries require the frame to be serialized while other countries require the slide or barrel o both to be serialized. From a manufacturers stand point, it makes more sense in both machine setup time and financially to make them all the same and meet as many different countries laws without having to make any changes to the assembly line.

·
Happy g21/g19 /g43 owner!
2,101 Posts
I've got a G21 that had the frame recalled. The gun was later involved in a shoot, and the detective thought he had something until me and other officers told him nope, not a problem. That I wish the didn't serialize the bbl and slide.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

·
914 Posts
I have a E series G-23 that got the frame rail upgrade, it came back with a G### serial frame

·
Director of civil unrest
11,175 Posts
Yup. Blew up my 19 and had to buy another frame for it. Still got the original, glued and pinned it back together and it still shoots. I don't shoot though and I don't carry it either. I painted it some sort of tan color just for fun. You'd never know it had been broken.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
The reason that Glock puts the serial numbers on the frame, slide, and barrel is because they sell worldwide. Some countries require the frame to be serialized while other countries require the slide or barrel o both to be serialized. From a manufacturers stand point, it makes more sense in both machine setup time and financially to make them all the same and meet as many different countries loads without having to make any changes to the assembly line.

Thank goodness...... Someone who understands.

BTW, there are also Police Departments which require that the original parts match in the event of a shooting.

It look horrible to a jury if a shooting weapons has had it's barrel replaced.

It makes it appear that the evidence was possibly tampered with.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts