Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two holsters today for my Gen5 G19.
One is an AIWB Kydex holster, and that's my primary carry.
I also have a Fobus Paddle set with holster and dual mag carrier I've been using for IDPA at my local shooting club.
Thinking I want and OWB, Leather, with a thumb break. This is more for when I want to have it one me (around the property etc), so it's more comfortable and secured.

I've had a thumb break in the past and found you almost can't help but unsnap it when you draw, so don't think it's a big deal having this one that 'works a bit different from what I'm used to". Experienced opinions welcome!

Having looked, I see "Lined" and "un-lined". What's the advantage of Lined?

I could just end up using the Fobus for that, but really like the looks and added retention (and simple release) of the leather thumb break holsters.

·
Registered
17,458 Posts
For an OWB paddle holster, there is only one choice IMHO and that is a Safariland ALS holster. If you want to go without the extra security, the DeSantis paddle holster is decent.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
MacGyver
7,751 Posts
Leather, and lined-- for nostalgia, tradition, and looks.

Polymer, for function, and durability. I second Safariland ALS and GLS holsters.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Lined was used in the days of blued revolvers and autos to better protect from blueing wear. I can remember hearing of a few things you could wipe on the lining to help even more. Tough as the Glock metal coating is, I doubt lined helps much. I still have a few older lined holsters. It may so help make the holster slightly more sturdy....

That's what I know.... ain't much but....

I use a mixture of plastic and leather these days..

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
The ALS is one of the most comfortable paddle holsters I've ever used. That said, take a look at the DC 2 by Tucker Gun Leather. They make a leather lined kydex version with a paddle for about $85.

·
Glock 26 Gen 4
319 Posts
Anyone try KobraKydex for paddle holsters? I should be getting a holster by them this week or next week that is a paddle holster, will post what I think about it when I receive it.

·
Glock 26 Gen 4
319 Posts
I also just bought the safariland 6378 for my G26 as well, always good to have another holster :)

·
Registered
10,133 Posts
I agree you cannot go wrong on a safariland.
My G-17 w TRL-1, in a G code kydex also works well.

G Code 2.jpg
G Code 3.jpg

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Safariland OWB with micro paddle works for me, with both Shield9 and M&P9C, simple open top holster with detent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts