GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally carry a revolver IWB, but am going to start carrying a G19 some. I would like to start with a high ride OWB holster. I tend to prefer leather, but am open to kydex. My budget is about $60 and there seem to be a number of options at this price level. I would like the holster to be relatively compact, because I often keep the pistol holstered and in a day planner or other similar case (this is mainly when I want the gun in the vehicle with me, but no on me).

I am looking at Ross leather's Askin's avenger, Simply Rugged's cuda, and Bladetech's stingray.

Any thoughts? Recommendations?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Check out the DeSantis mini-slide holster. I bought it because it rides high and tight to the body. I was also surprised by the high quality leather. I then got hooked on kydex, so i've only worn it once or twice. It sells for $65.00. If you want it, I will sell it to you for $50.00 shipped. It is right handed, in natural color and is for the Glock 19.

http://www.desantisholster.com/stor...action=prepare_detail&itm_id=7998&itm_index=2

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Many good holsters - try out the Glock Sport/Combat. Around $13, and I use mine more than my expensive leathers. Good Luck

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That Don Hume looks great. Do you have experience with it? I'm wondering how snuggly it holds the gun. I know the name is a good one, so I would assume it is pretty secure.

·
Registered
27,980 Posts
That Don Hume looks great. Do you have experience with it? I'm wondering how snuggly it holds the gun. I know the name is a good one, so I would assume it is pretty secure.
Its a pretty popular holster, I imagine if you do a search you'll find a bazillion reviews.

I like my High Noon Slideguard, but their wait is pretty extensive. For Kydex, I like the Sidearmor Modular OWB. As for holsters I'd like to try, I'd like to try a Fist K2 High Ride. My holsters work great though, so I don't have a need to get anything right now.

http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/K2.htm

·
Registered
112 Posts
check out aholster.com as well for kydex options. I have one of his pocket holsters and love it. I just ordered one of his BELT holsters for a G38 i just picked up. His prices are reasonable and his stuff and good. Alan is top notch.

·
Infidel كافر
5,034 Posts
I use it every day. It works really well. It holds very tight & close to the body.

·
Registered
80 Posts
+1 for the Don Hume (H721OT).

It's a great holster that keeps my G27 high & tight. It also keeps the gun very snug. Plus the holster is right in your price range.

Good luck.

·
BOOM
49 Posts
I will add my vote to the Don Hume H721O.T.

I have been using a galco summer comfort, which is an IWB holster with a beltman belt (Which I highly recommend as well). No complaints about it at all. Great holster. Only downside came with older pants / shorts that were a little too tight to add an extra bit inside the waist. I picked up one of the Don Hume H721O.T. holsters this morning after reading some of the posts on this thread. I have been looking for an OWB, just never took the plunge. Well all I can say after a day of wearing it is that I am a believer. By far more comfortable than the IWB, and still just as concealable with a proper length shirt untucked. Shorter shirts will still warrant the IWB, but any chance given I will go with the Don Hume. Good luck with your choice and I hope you end up as satisfied as I am.

·
Old Phart
31 Posts
Check out the DeSantis mini-slide holster. I bought it because it rides high and tight to the body. I was also surprised by the high quality leather. I then got hooked on kydex, so i've only worn it once or twice. It sells for $65.00. If you want it, I will sell it to you for $50.00 shipped. It is right handed, in natural color and is for the Glock 19.

http://www.desantisholster.com/stor...action=prepare_detail&itm_id=7998&itm_index=2

This is the one I use as well.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How well does the Don Hume stay open for reholstering? If you put your gun in the Don Hume and turn it upside down, will it hold the gun in? I'm just trying to mentally compare it to others I have experience with. Thanks

I'm probably going to stay away from belt slides.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts