close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OWB carry belt tension

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by joepa150, Jan 25, 2010.

1. joepa150

joepa150

I usually have always carried IWB. With IWB I like my belt pulled tight but not super tight where I can't breath. It seems like if I don't pull it somewhat tight, my pants start to fell like they are falling down.

I just purchased my first OWB holster. Although not quite as concealable as a IWB, it does conceal better than I would have thought with unsurprisingly more comfort. The strange thing is that if I keep my belt loose, my pants do not feel like they are about to fall down.

How do you all where your OWB holsters?
    1) Real Tight against waist
    2) Tight/snug against waist
    3) Loosely just hanging on your belt but not pulled tight. Kind of like the how you see gunslingers in western movies.

I feel that when I where it loosely, it is only a tiny bit more comfortable. Draw is about the same wearing it tight or loose. Concealablilty might be a very small bit better when wearing it tight. So I guess it is do I want it to be more concealable or more comfortable even though they are so close.

2. dosei

dosei

2) Tight/snug against waist (same as IWB, same as no carry...I've always kept my belt snug and I've always worn a belt)

3. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

I carry OWB, much the way I carry IWB. Oversized T-shirt, quality belt, quality holster. Sometimes I wear a tucked in shirt, and an open button up shirt or jacket, to cover my firearm. I don't pull my belt any tighter than I wear it when I'm not wearing a firearm.

What kind of belt are you using.. you shouldn't need to pull your belt that tight, and your pants definitely shouldn't be falling down under the weight of the firearm

4. miwall

miwall

Try drawing the gun. If the holster comes up with the belt too much before the gun pulls free, try tightening your belt or place the holster between belt loops.

5. joepa150

joepa150

A&G gun leather belt. My pants don't fall down just IWB when I have the belt on very loosely. The belt is fantastic by the way.

Ok I will try your suggesting. The holster does come up a little when belt is worn loosely but I can still draw well. I guess I will just go one notch tighter so the holster does come up when drawing.