Overwhelmed with political fund raising ads

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Vito, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Vito

Vito

Maybe its my own fault since I made a donation awhile ago to the Trump re-election campaign, and another one to the Republican Senate organization, but I am getting deluged with texts day and night as well as emails, all asking for money. Its 5:30 PM as I am typing this, and so far today I have received 24 texts and 17 emails from various Republican candidates and groups, all trying to find clever and innovative ways to get me to donate money. Once you donate they don't leave you alone even for a short time, but immediately start asking for more and more money. Maybe the Democrats do the same to their small donors but it is really, really annoying.

2. B C

B C

That crap turns people off. That's way over kill.

While I have you here, would you like to donate to the Human Fund?

3. Taz

Taz

Yup sucks. I donated to DJT last round now I get calls and texts from random places asking for $$.

The phone doesn’t bother me cause I rarely answer the land line. Texts are a PITA but I keep replying back asking to be removed and over the last few dats it’s dropped off significantly. Maybe someone got the memo.

4. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

If they are messaging you by texts, you should be able to reply ‘Stop’ or the like to be removed. If not, go to the details of the text, find the number and block it.

5. Rotn1

Rotn1

#MeToo.
    Some of the fundraising letters ask for outrageous amounts.

6. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

I get personal letters from Melania. :hearts:

7. Gray Dood

Gray Dood

I learned yesterday that I'd disappointed the President and won't be invited to his rally because I didn't donate in time.

And that's in the same week I was trying to reclaim those lost funds for that poor prince from Nigeria.

Sharkey, Detectorist and Boundertom like this.
  8. jmohme

jmohme

I get emails seeking donations every day. I just hit the trash can icon and like magic, they go away.

9. DonD

DonD

Between mail asking for money and email the same, I used to get about 300 solicitations/mo. Now it's way beyond that, at least 500.

I got a new one in a phone call an hour ago. I answered the phone with "Hello", lots of silence, then the other end said "XYX" forget the name and I said I've had this number for 9 yrs. Miust be the new ploy, he then went into his pitch for the firemen. On my end "Click". Don

10. Current Resident

Current Resident

I got one last week from Nancy.

Ramjet38 likes this.
  11. mike from st pe

mike from st pe

The word must be out on my cheapskate ways, even the PBA stopped soliciting.

12. DesertAu

DesertAu

a few nights ago Lindsey Graham was on Fox News describing the attacks on his home and the threat to his campaign asking for money so I sent a donation, well not that I regret sending a little disposable income to one of the in my estimation most important causes I can think of in my lifetime and as you experienced I’ve become the recipient of endless texts, emails and phone calls some with a Washington prefix. I’ve no problem ignoring them, on the up side every time a fly farts in the oval office I’m Instantly notified, with a request for money to buy air freshener of course.

13. Vito

Vito

Just a reminder to read the political donor ads carefully. I made a donation today to the Republican Senate campaign. Had I noted looked VERY closely, I would have committed to the amount I chose right now, and the same amount monthly into the future. Pretty deceptive and I almost canceled the whole donation.

DesertAu likes this.
  14. DesertAu

DesertAu

I saw that too and quickly unchecked the box.

15. OttoLoader

OttoLoader

I get many text requests. No email no phone call no paper junk mail.

I rather have numerous texts than all the other media.

Also I do not donate through the text link.

I go to the official campaign web page.

16. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

I've gotten a few texts....but anyone who actually calls and asks for donations risks hearing a blasting-loud wet-smacking fart, up close and personal right into the phone...

GlockPolock likes this.
  17. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

We get very little snail mail these days. But for the past couple of weeks our mailbox is jammed full every day. Political mailings and offers for a “better” Medicare supplemental plan.

18. Sharkey

Sharkey

I give to independent candidates and never the RNC but it doesn't seem to matter. Just like you, my inbox is full and mailbox is stuffed. I will be happy 11/4 and maybe I can even take out my repressed agitation on rioters?

To be fair, I also give to about 5 charities. I have 8 calendars for 2021, a lot of Christmas cards, and endless address labels.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

19. Vito

Vito

I'm sure many here who are Trump supporters and worry about what kind of country we will end up with if Biden wins and the Dems take over the Senate, but I wonder how many actually open their wallet and help. Each of us gets to vote, and many of us will try to convince others to vote the way we want th em to. But sending money can make a difference. I'm not the biggest fan of Lindsey Graham, but I recognize that he is in the political fight of his life right now, so I sent him a few bucks. I sent some to a few other Senate Republicans facing real challenges from the well funded Democrats. And I sent what I could to Trump's campaign. My small donations guarantee nothing but they make me feel that I am doing what I can to advance our cause rather than just gripping about what is going on.

DesertAu likes this.
  20. oldmick

oldmick

You Dog U.

Not to disappoint, but I think she’s already spoken for. :)

Ramjet38 likes this.