Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be replacing the triggers on several of my Glocks and I've decided on the Overwatch Precision Triggers. Problem is I can't decide between the TAC trigger or the FALX trigger. Does anyone have experience with both?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I do. I bought both the TAC and Falx for my G43, and extensively rnage tested both to compare. I personally liked the curved Falx trigger better than the flat TAC because the Falx feels more natural to my trigger finder.
Thank you! I do have the TAC trigger on my G30.4. I put in on mainly because I have small hands and had a hard time getting a good grip on the oem trigger. The tac solved that issue but the flat trigger just doesn't feel natural to me either. I guess it's because after over 50 years of handling firearms my finger just likes curved triggers better. I think I will swap it out for the falx. I also plan on replacing the triggers on my 43 and 36 because I don't like the grooved glock triggers.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going to be ordering the following: G43 Falx, 45 ACP Tac, 45ACP Dat. I'll report back on how they work out. I have a flat faced trigger on a 1911 and I think I'll find that I really like it.
I though about getting the falx for my 43 next, since I already have the tac on my 30. But, like I said, my trigger finger has had 50+ years experience with curved triggers and I'm not sure it would ever get use to a flat trigger, it just doesn't fell natural to my finger. Also I don't know about switching back and forth between a flat triggers on some firearms I have and curved on others I have. Every pistol I have (except the 30), every rifle and every shotgun I have all have curved triggers. Can't afford to change them all. decisions, decisions.........

·
Registered
492 Posts
I though about getting the falx for my 43 next, since I already have the tac on my 30. But, like I said, my trigger finger has had 50+ years experience with curved triggers and I'm not sure it would ever get use to a flat trigger, it just doesn't fell natural to my finger. Also I don't know about switching back and forth between a flat triggers on some firearms I have and curved on others I have. Every pistol I have (except the 30), every rifle and every shotgun I have all have curved triggers. Can't afford to change them all. decisions, decisions.........
I’m in the same boat. However I prefer the flat face. It gives me more consistent shot to shot performance. It allows you to pull straight back without thinking about the trigger.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi guys,

Is there any news in this thread?

I also going to replace the stock trigger in my g26 due to my small hands. I don't have any experience with flat triggers (all my other guns have a curved ones). I have the same dilemma as OP, Tac or Flax, but my main concern is trigger reach. Does any of those two triggers have any advantage in shortening of a trigger reach (a real or just a feel, cause flax is actually curved in 2 planes)?

Thanks!

·
G43 Fanboy
2,329 Posts
I’ve never taken precise measurements, but I really did not feel difference in trigger reach between the Falx and TAC triggers. The only difference to me was that the TAC gives a wide flat shoe and the Falx gives a narrower slightly curved shoe. If any thing, the wide shoe of the TAC may give you a sense that its trigger reach is slightly longer than the narrow shoe of the Falx because you need more finger reach to engage the very wide trigger, even though they may still have the same reach....

·
Registered
40 Posts
I’ve never taken precise measurements, but I really did not feel difference in trigger reach between the Falx and TAC triggers. The only difference to me was that the TAC gives a wide flat shoe and the Falx gives a narrower slightly curved shoe. If any thing, the wide shoe of the TAC may give you a sense that its trigger reach is slightly longer than the narrow shoe of the Falx because you need more finger reach to engage the very wide trigger, even though they may still have the same reach....
Thanks GlockyQ,

I assumed that it is something like that, but I wanted to get an opinion from a somebody who had an opportunity to compare them side by side.

·
G43 Fanboy
2,329 Posts
You’re welcome. I tried Overwatch TAC, Falx and Apex triggers in my G43. In terms of the actual and felt trigger reach, Apex had the longest, and I did not like the fat trigger because I also have small hands. If you have small hands and looking for an aftermarket trigger that will give you a shorter trigger reach than the OEM trigger for your G26, I think you may like the Falx better than the TAC.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ended up ordering two TAC triggers I believe, one for my 21 and one for my 43. I previously had an APEX and Ghost 3.5 in the 21. The Overwatch Triggers are OK, but I honestly find them to be similar to a Gen 5 Glock trigger. Cool if you want to spend the money, but not a huge game changer. YMMV.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.